Thread: Bass Drum Techniques

User Info Menu

Default Bass Drum Techniques

been drumming for six months. working on bass drum. does anyone has any suggestions, trying to execute a bass drum riff on mary j blidge song titled the love we never had during the solo five minutes into the song. i m thinking it s a bounce stroke on the bass, if anyone know the song or have any suggestions. good looking out. Oh, by the way, I have the Grtesch Catalina Maple awesome drum sound

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bass Drum Techniques

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2IE0QuxTgA"]YouTube - Mary J. Blige - "The Love I Never Had."[/ame]

if you can play this in 6 months, you must be a killer drummer....

User Info Menu

wanky guitar solo...haha

User Info Menu

You could accomplish that with a double stroke. I'd personally use two fast singles.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

i will practice a doubles or a bouce stroke? on the bass drums i spend 6 hours a day working on things that i need to build on. Thanks for the advice.

User Info Menu

not a killer drummer yet, fast learning and i practice 4 hours a day after work and six on sat and sun. I m just on a mission.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpondrums1 View Post
    been drumming for six months. working on bass drum. does anyone has any suggestions, trying to execute a bass drum riff on mary j blidge song titled the love we never had during the solo five minutes into the song. i m thinking it s a bounce stroke on the bass, if anyone know the song or have any suggestions. good looking out. Oh, by the way, I have the Grtesch Catalina Maple awesome drum sound
    Welcome to Drum Chat. I know the boyz and girlz around here will help with your question!

Thanks for joining.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC! I hope you stick around it's a great forum
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpondrums1 View Post
    i will practice a doubles or a bouce stroke? on the bass drums i spend 6 hours a day working on things that i need to build on. Thanks for the advice.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term "bounce stroke" for bass drum playing.
    This guy explains things pretty well...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKS9a9NuPc"]YouTube - Derrick Pope - Heel Toe Method[/ame]
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47