Thread: Sonor select force

User Info Menu

Default Sonor select force

What are you thoughts on Sonor select force are they good or not so good ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sonor select force

Hey Tigers and welcome to Drum Chat! The Select Force is good choice. It's a popular kit among drummers and has been around for years. It has a respectable reputation and does the job. While not considered a top of the line kit per se, it's still good quality (it's Sonor afterall). In my opinion, because it's Sonor, even their lower line kits are considered a better quality than other brand's lower line kits.

User Info Menu

Thanks Tom good to be on forum are they considered as top mid level or low end drums?.

User Info Menu

I would say low end. In my opinion anyway. But I have pretty high standards for drumsets.

User Info Menu

Why have they got them classed at intermediate to semi pro drums on there adverts its really confusing I no there discontinued..

User Info Menu

I think they're pretty well built and probably sound great in any setting. Found this (below) about their design.

Select Force Sounds
    7-layer Canadian maple shells offer uncompromisingly rich and warm sounds, highlight lower pitches and provide balance in the mid-range and treble. Whether in the woodshed, recording studio or on stage, SONOR’s Select Force sets deliver a powerful performance every time.

Features
    - Shell Thicknesses
    - 7 layers for bass drums = 7.2 mm (2.4 mm Canadian maple + 2.4 mm Chinese maple + 2.4 mm Canadian maple)
    - 7 layers for snare drums, tom toms and floor toms = 5.8 mm (1.7 mm Canadian maple + 2.4 mm Chinese maple + 1.7 mm Canadian maple)
    - 45° bearing edge
    - New light-weight tension lugs with TuneSafe
    - New designed TAR (Total Acoustic Resonance) Tom Mount system
    - New designed Chrome plated Snare Strainer and Snare Butt
    - 9 spectacular new Sparkle and Solid Fade and Burst Finishes
    - Black Powder Shell Hardware with certain Finishes
    - Availability of Short Size Toms, 20” deep Bass Drums and the new S Drive Configuration
    - Rubber padded Bass Drum claws

The new SONOR “Select Force” Series is available via most music retail stores starting February / March 2011. For more information check out the new SONOR Drums catalog and the SONOR homepage: www.sonor.com to see the latest gear coming in 2011!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info

User Info Menu

There's a 6 peice for sale that I'm interested in they are in perfect condition there asking1250 new Zealand they were bought for 3200 when they come out.