Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Cymbals

Love the 21. Nice buy.

User Info Menu

My current setup of Zildjians on my Gretsch Renown kit...
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Man you've got a serious set up. Looks like something a drummer could have a real good time with. Very nice.

User Info Menu

OK, I am officially jealous! Nice setup.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

New to me cym. day. I picked up a 17" K Custom Dark Crash, and 20" K Ride (block letters) today. They've been on lay away for a couple of months. I already have an 18" K Dark Med. Thin (new style) and the 17 goes with it pretty good, but I think I like my Paiste 18 Sig. Full Crash with the 17 the best. That Paiste has been with me for over 25Yr. The ride sounds similar to my 20" HH (with cursive writing) Med. Ride, but the K has more stick definition. They both have good bells, and are not crashable.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Really nice cymbals Lefty.

I have the 18" K Dark Thin Crash and it is a wonderful cymbal. I currently have it paired with an 18" A Custom crash and like your 18" Paiste, the two sound really good together.

I'm also on the lookout for a 20" K ride cymbal myself but haven't found "the one" yet ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Really nice cymbals Lefty.

I'm also on the lookout for a 20" K ride cymbal myself but haven't found "the one" yet ...
    Thanks. My ride was 180 at our local MidWest Drum store. That's about what some are going for on ebay. I got my HH off ebay for 80. No one else bid on it. Keep looking and the right one will show up.

User Info Menu

Zildjian K limited edition. I've never heard of these before. I went to rehearse with my old band,(I'm playing a party for them one last time) and they were trying out a drummer that I'd recommended. He had a set of Zildjian K limited edition reversible hi-hats. They had a hybrid k custom finish with limited edition written in cursive, and the big K. That's all they said on them. I got to play them for about an hour. They sounded pretty darn good. I hope my new beats are gonna keep me happy, now that I've played these Ks. Has anyone else played these Ks yet?

User Info Menu

Dave I like your set up.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Nice set up Dave!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    New to me cym. day. I picked up a 17" K Custom Dark Crash, and 20" K Ride (block letters) today. They've been on lay away for a couple of months. I already have an 18" K Dark Med. Thin (new style) and the 17 goes with it pretty good, but I think I like my Paiste 18 Sig. Full Crash with the 17 the best. That Paiste has been with me for over 25Yr. The ride sounds similar to my 20" HH (with cursive writing) Med. Ride, but the K has more stick definition. They both have good bells, and are not crashable.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Very nice set of cymbals! I love my K's!

User Info Menu

They sounded pretty darn good. I hope my new beats are gonna keep me happy, now that I've played these Ks. Has anyone else played these Ks yet?
    Lefty --- I sold my 14" A Zildjian traditional hats (1973 vintage) and bought a pair of 13" Ks years ago.
    Best sounding hats I ever heard and I won't use anything else..............I am not familiar with the limited version.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Lefty --- I sold my 14" A Zildjian traditional hats (1973 vintage) and bought a pair of 13" Ks years ago.
    Best sounding hats I ever heard and I won't use anything else..............I am not familiar with the limited version.
    I talked to the guy again and he said they were developed in conjunction with Akira Jimbo. I've almost always used new beats. My first set was 15" thrown together. The bottom I got around 1972 it was my only good cym. and it sounded terrible. I was told by another drummer that it was a hi hat cym. In 78 I took it to a store and they said it looked like a new beat bottom. So I ordered a top new beat to go with it. Played them for many yrs. I got another set of 15s around 2000, they weren't the same at all. Cracked the top and cut them down to 14". Then a few yrs ago I traded an old "A" 18 crash for a set of new beats from 2010. I like them a lot. My thrown together 15s were really great. I remember it took me a long time to learn how to get use to them. Going from Ludwig Standard Paiste hats to those was quite a change. Those hats were really light and cheap. Ahh the good old days.

User Info Menu

I've been using a 22" A Custom Ping Ride for several years but decided to try something with a little more warmth. I looked at the Paiste 602 Modern Player and the Sabian AAX Omni but wound up choosing a 22" K Custom Dark. When I was young I thought the K's were too jazzy/washy but now I really like them and think they're incredibly versatile.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post
    I've been using a 22" A Custom Ping Ride for several years but decided to try something with a little more warmth. I looked at the Paiste 602 Modern Player and the Sabian AAX Omni but wound up choosing a 22" K Custom Dark. When I was young I thought the K's were too jazzy/washy but now I really like them and think they're incredibly versatile.
    Congrats on your new K. I'm really liking mine. The 20" K ride sounds real nice with the country band I'm in right now. I'm using the K custom dark 17 also. Not sure about the 18" K med. thin dark. I think I like my old Sig. full crash better with the 17 K custom. I've had the Sig. since 91.

User Info Menu

I'm really enjoying the sounds I'm getting from the K Custom Dark cymbals. I took it on the "chin" when I brought these guys home without passing it by the wife but the 14 hats, 16, 18 crash and 20" dry ride is all I need now!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I'm really enjoying the sounds I'm getting from the K Custom Dark cymbals. I took it on the "chin" when I brought these guys home without passing it by the wife but the 14 hats, 16, 18 crash and 20" dry ride is all I need now!

You're a braver man than I . I did buy a car once with out telling her. That was crazy. Congrats on the new cymbals.

User Info Menu

You're a braver man than I . I did buy a car once with out telling her. That was crazy. Congrats on the new cymbals.
    Thanks Lefty...if I would of bought my dream-car without telling her, I would be sleeping in it today...YOU sir are the braver man!

User Info Menu

well I scored today..young kid selling a cymbal in another FB group I belong to...said in ad.."cymbal $20..not sure of brand"....so I bought it as when I looked at pic I said to myself..that sure looks like a Zildjian...and sure enough..it was..probably a 1970's early....but 20 bucks!! oooh weee!! OH and no key holing or dents...has a number etched in the underside of the bell...#2640..not sure about that.
    Last edited by MartyM; 10-26-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    well I scored today..young kid selling a cymbal in another FB group I belong to...said in ad.."cymbal $20..not sure of brand"....so I bought it as when I looked at pic I said to myself..that sure looks like a Zildjian...and sure enough..it was..probably a 1970's early....but 20 bucks!! oooh weee!! OH and no key holing or dents...has a number etched in the underside of the bell...#2640..not sure about that.
    Congrats on the steal MartyM!

User Info Menu

thanks Late 8...yea I was so surprised..as soon as I picked it up I knew it was an Old Zildjian..just like my first one I bought in 1967.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Picked up a couple used 13" Zildjian hats yesterday. I love my 13" B8 hats, but I've been looking for something a little darker. I saw these two orphaned hats, and figured I'd try them out as a kind of A/Z Hybrid set. Together, they cost me $89. For that price, I could turn them into wall clocks as a "plan B";
    IMG_0296.jpg
    The bottom will be the 13" Z Dyno Beat. The top will be the 70's A (I assume that's what it is. I can't tell by the stamp) It's fairly thin and light. I'm guessing a medium-thin. Together they seem to have a fairly dark & slightly hollow..but articulate closed stick sound. The foot chick sounds good and is pretty warm and pronounced. It won't exactly be the K/Z combo that seems popular, but I'll give 'me a try at tomorrow nights gig.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Picked up a couple used 13" Zildjian hats yesterday. I love my 13" B8 hats, but I've been looking for something a little darker. I saw these two orphaned hats, and figured I'd try them out as a kind of A/Z Hybrid set. Together, they cost me $89. For that price, I could turn them into wall clocks as a "plan B";
    IMG_0296.jpg
    The bottom will be the 13" Z Dyno Beat. The top will be the 70's A (I assume that's what it is. I can't tell by the stamp) It's fairly thin and light. I'm guessing a medium-thin. Together they seem to have a fairly dark & slightly hollow..but articulate closed stick sound. The foot chick sounds good and is pretty warm and pronounced. It won't exactly be the K/Z combo that seems popular, but I'll give 'me a try at tomorrow nights gig.
    I just got a pair of used 13 inch New Beats for $77. Couldn't pass it up. I wanted a 3rd pair of hats but slightly different than the 14 inch New Beats or A Customs I already have. The 13 inch pair were great for my last gig which called for the smallest possible footprint. They sounded great, so now I have 3 pair in the gig rotation!

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Well...I used 'me for both gigs this weekend. They were fantastic. They felt great and had that sound I've been searching for. I like them so well that I decided not to spend any money on a new cymbal set for now.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Well...I used 'me for both gigs this weekend. They were fantastic. They felt great and had that sound I've been searching for. I like them so well that I decided not to spend any money on a new cymbal set for now.
    $89 is a great deal! Congrats on the score!