Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

How do you find those rock hats? Im in the market for new hats at the moment, and my local store has a deal on a set of those. Though im kinda hanging out for some aax stage hats
    Kit
    PDP FS Birch in Mat Black 10, 12, 14, 14, 22

Cymbals
    18" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
    21" Sabian AAX Stage Ride
    16" Zildjian ZXT Rock Crash
    14" Zildjian ZXT Rock Hihats

User Info Menu

welcome to the forum spoony, are you close to xweasel? I have heard good things about the hats in question. If you can save up and hold out for the ones you want instead of settling for an impulse buy.Jmo. F/T

User Info Menu

I love the Rock hats. A buddy of mine has them and I've played them and was like "wow". The funny part is that the ride I ultimately want is the AA RBDR, so when then this happened I'm actually happier that the ride fell through.

These hats are very bright, with good stick definition when closed and have a beautiful wash when opened.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Does anybody know why it's nearly impossible to find a Sabian Ice Bell? I LOVE how it sounds and can't imagine why they would try to hide it. It sounds soooo much better than an Alu-bell.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

MF has them, 12" ones at least!

Been a while since I posted a pic of the pies. I have been getting to play them once a week so they acctually have been played. I think I have about 4 or 5 hrs on them.

User Info Menu

Why not get a Zil-Bel?! Hahaha! I have infiltrated the Sabian thread!

Two suggestions. Sam-Ash, and Memphis Drum Shop. They are guaranteed to have it, it's just getting it.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post

Been a while since I posted a pic of the pies. I have been getting to play them once a week so they acctually have been played. I think I have about 4 or 5 hrs on them.
    Nice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post

Ah, I'll have to take a look there.

Beautiful kit, by the way. Those cymbals look spectacular.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China

Click here!

User Info Menu

HHX! Oh how I love thee!
    I'm currently banging on:
    AAXcelerator 14" Hi-Hats
    16" and 18" HHXplosion Crashes (looking to trade the 16 for a 17" HHX Legacy)
    21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride
    and a 19" AAXtreme Chinese.
    and a 9.5" ZilBel. :P

User Info Menu

You guys remember that free cymbal deal Sabian had a few months ago? I think they may have sent me the wrong cymbal lol. I just noticed that my cymbal says AAX X-Plosion Crash instead of AAX X-Plosion Fast Crash. Which model were they sending out? I can't remember.
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

Hi all, some beautiful Sabian cymbals here folks! Another confirmed and diagnosed Sabian nut here lol! Been using Sabian for 10 years now and bought my first set when I was 18, I was so proud- it was an AAX Stage Set and to this day I still have those cymbals and use them regularly for live use and recording, they have only gotten sweeter with age! See my sig for my pies
    Gretsch Renown Maple 2000
    10/12/14/22
    Gretsch Solid Series G5000 Walnut 13x7
    Sabian Cymbals
    14'' AAX Stage Hats
    12'' AA Splash
    16'' HH Thin Crash
    10'' HH Duo Splash
    12'' HH Mini Chinese
    21'' HH Raw Bell Dry Ride
    18'' HH Dark Crash
    20'' HH Dark Chinese
    Evans Heads, Vater Sticks, Pearl & Tama Hardware
    View My Kit
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Drum%20Kit/

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum C/S, Yes vyou are addicted to sabians,lol. Thanks for the comps on the pies guys. F/T

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by creaturestudios View Post
    Hi all, some beautiful Sabian cymbals here folks! Another confirmed and diagnosed Sabian nut here lol! Been using Sabian for 10 years now and bought my first set when I was 18, I was so proud- it was an AAX Stage Set and to this day I still have those cymbals and use them regularly for live use and recording, they have only gotten sweeter with age! See my sig for my pies
    love it
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

hey, any one have experience with any of the following
    (FYI, I like bright crash's/splash's, rides with good stick articulation, trashy china's and crisp hats with good stick articulation. All with short sustain)

10" HHX Splash
    14" AAX X-Celerator Hi-Hats
    14" HHX Studio Crash
    14" HHX Evolution Mini-Chinese
    15" HHX Studio Crash
    17" HHX Studio Crash
    20" HH Leopard Ride

Cheers
    Last edited by elsamo95; 09-12-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Typo

User Info Menu

I haven't heard it in person, but the leopard ride sounds effing amazing in the previews and on youtube samples.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4OVbTKD7eU"]YouTube - Sabian 20" HH Leopard Ride Cymbal (12030-1021110I)[/ame]
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

yeah, i love that video...the leopard ride and the 14" AAX X-Celerator hats i'm 98% sure about, the chinese about 80%...not sure about the HHX's yet though...some first hand info would be great

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elsamo95 View Post
    yeah, i love that video...the leopard ride and the 14" AAX X-Celerator hats i'm 98% sure about, the chinese about 80%...not sure about the HHX's yet though...some first hand info would be great
    I took a year of listening to every cymbal I could get near. I loved the HHX line and when I found the set so cheap I was sold. Matched cymbals took alot of guess work out of it for me. No other pies have moved me like these. F/T

User Info Menu

Sabian aa vintage bright are the most amazing hihats.

User Info Menu

im interested in the AA series probably gonna buy the RawBellRide and Crash 18" , i play various styles really but my roots are prog metal a la dream theater anyones opinion?

User Info Menu

The AA RBDR is absolutely amazing. I bought one from GC used for $120. It's got a great dry, yet bright ping and a clear, cutting bell. One of Sabian's best rides, IMO.
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

Yeah I have the AAX RBDR and it has really grown on me. It's not as washy as I'd like, but I have a K crash/ride for that, and the RBDR is my more dedicated ride with that sweet sounding bell!

Great ride cymbal!...and even brand new it goes for under 3 bills! Can't be beat for the price.

User Info Menu

AA, AAX, and HHX for me!

AAX 14" xcelerator hats, 16" (don't like it much) and 18" HHXplosions, AA RBDR 21", and 19" AAXtreme China

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    The AA RBDR is absolutely amazing. I bought one from GC used for $120. It's got a great dry, yet bright ping and a clear, cutting bell. One of Sabian's best rides, IMO.
    I got mine used for $150. Only thing was it needed some cleaning. I'm not a big fan of the bell, though. It cuts, but not the sound I like.

User Info Menu

Mine's gotta be cleaned too. It's actually got some strange green spots on it in addition to the general dirtiness of the cymbal.
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

So I want a cymbal to replace by 16" HHXplosion, but blend with me 18" HHXplosion..would a 17" AAX Dark Crash blend well? I need a little bright to my crashes, seeing as everything else on my set is bright, but can't seem to settle on what to grab.