Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1226

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

If someone is looking for quality cymbals on a budget they should also look at Sabian's SR2 line I hand picked mine with my teacher and really licked them I have my hats 2 crashes and a ride. I wish I could tell what they all were but the one obvious cymbal is my ride which has obvious HH heritage.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

I love Sabian. Right now here is what I use:

AA El Sabor 18
    AAX Xplosion Crash 17
    Paragon Hats 14

Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    I love Sabian. Right now here is what I use:

AA El Sabor 18
    AAX Xplosion Crash 17
    Paragon Hats 14

Peace and goodwill.
    No ride cymbal?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    No ride cymbal?

all the best...
    The El Sabor is a crash-ride cymbal, and it sounds good as a ride if you know how to play it right. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Actually, I have owned the following Sabians since I switched from Paiste: 4 B8 Pros, 5 Pros, 15 AA's, 10 AAX's, 1 SR2, 3 XS20's, and 1 Paragon. This is counting hats as one.

Here is what I play at church (all bought by me)

21" AA Bash Ride
    19" AAXplosion Crash
    17" AAXplosion Crash
    15" AAXplosion Crash
    14" Paragon Hats
    10" AAX Splash

Here is what I use.

18" AA El Sabor (crash and ride)
    17" AA Thin Crash
    16" AA Xpolsion Crash (bought two days ago)
    14" XS20 Hats

Unused by me, or anyone else

20 " AA Medium Ride
    20" B8 Pro Ride
    10" SR2 Splash

Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

In my collection of cymbals, I have also 14" XS20 Hats and a 16" AA Xplosion Crash, I like a lot. I also have a XS20 ride as well.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 04-17-2018 at 02:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post
    Get one Marko, you won't regret it!
    I have one as well I won't part with. I have 3 cymbals that i won't part with the 18" Evo crash 14" Evo China and 20" HHX China.
    I have heard the 17" Evo crash and I have to say it sounds better the the 18" so looking for one to add to my mess of cymbals.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

After playing a gig today, which was outside just as the next two will be, I am going to play this setup at those two upcoming gigs.

AA 20" Medium Ride
    AA 18" El Sabor
    AA 16" Xplosion Crash
    XS20 14" Medium Hats

I like to change it up sometimes, and it does not cost me anything. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    I have one as well I won't part with. I have 3 cymbals that i won't part with the 18" Evo crash 14" Evo China and 20" HHX China.
    I have heard the 17" Evo crash and I have to say it sounds better the the 18" so looking for one to add to my mess of cymbals.
    Actually found a 17" Sabian HHX Evolution crash used so I may pick it up. It's more of a want then a need since I have so many cymbals,but I do lack in crashes. I have 3 18s and a 14 on my kit so I'm thinking of grabbing it and taking one 18 out of the mix until I find room to add it back in.
    I have a small snare I'm adding on the left side of the kit and still want 2 Tama Octobans so room is going to be a probelm,especially after getting ahold of a matching 13" tom.
    Hard choices.

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the 17" HHX Evolution crash. Just hard to find them used and in good shape.
    Talked to the place I purchased it from and they said the guy bought it 2 months ago and didn't like it. So it's basically a new cymbal.
    Removing my 18" AAX Stage Crash and putting the 17" next to the 18" Evo in front and the 18" AAX Xplosion where the Stage crash is.
    Picking up a new pdp maple concept kit so I have a reason to buy more drum stuff.
    Also picking up a nearly new 21" AA Rock Ride from a friend so I'm slowly going to have the pdp kit up and going. The Roxk Ride is going on my Tama kit and my 22" Earth ride is going to be on the pdp kit.
    Going to experiment a bit with the pdp kit and see what kind of crazy setup of cymbals I come up with.

User Info Menu

At our last band practice I used these Sabians:

18" AA El Sabor (as the ride and a crash)
    17" AAX X-plosion Crash
    16" AA X-plosion Crash
    14" XS20 Medium Hats

It was fun playing these cymbals. Also, I have two medium rides (AA and B8Pro) that I can use if I want to. Peace and goodwill.
    Last edited by Drumolator; 06-18-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Update

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

I am back to using these:

AA 18" El Sabor (crash-ride)
    AAX 17" X-plosion Crash
    Paragon 14" Hats

I also recently bought a used Sabian Pro Medium Ride that I can use when I want a more pingy ride than the El Sabor 18". Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

I’ve always been a sabian guy but i’ve really been looking into Meinl byzance and extra dry. I think I made a mistake buying brilliant finish crashes. They’re beautiful when they’re clean but they get dirty so fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

yeah I'll never buy brilliant finished cymbals.
    I hate cleaning

User Info Menu

Are the shiny cymbals easier to clean and shine, or polish than the lathed cymbals? I have a ton of cymbals. All lathed Zildjians and Sabians. I polished them all last year. I had what I thought was an epiphany when the use of a random orbital sander occurred to me. Went and bought one at Home Depot as I was thinking of getting one for the 4-wheeling scratches on my truck, and it worked fantastically. I'd just squirt some on the cymbal, lay a clean area of old towel over it, place the R.O.S. on it and move it around in circles on about six on the speed setting. it would get black, then start to disappear. then I'd move to a clean, non-black, area of towel and go over it. Two to four sections per side per cymbal would do it depending on size of course.
    I'm sure it would work on brilliant finish too but may not be as necessary as there are no lathe grooves.
    I highly recommend a random orbital sander to polish cymbals.
    Last edited by noreastbob; 12-26-2018 at 12:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Are the shiny cymbals easier to clean and shine, or polish than the lathed cymbals? I have a ton of cymbals. All lathed Zildjians and Sabians. I polished them all last year.
    The logos come off a lot easier on the brilliant, you have to worry about scratches, and that nice white shimmer is gone in less than a week after cleaning.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I am back to using these:

AA 18" El Sabor (crash-ride)
    AAX 17" X-plosion Crash
    Paragon 14" Hats

I also recently bought a used Sabian Pro Medium Ride that I can use when I want a more pingy ride than the El Sabor 18". Peace and goodwill.
    I added a Sabian 16" AA X-plosion Crash to this setup. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

I added a Sabian 16" AA X-plosion Crash to this setup. Peace and goodwill.
    How are you like that xplosion? I have the 16 and the 18 that I used as my main and secondary. I still use the 18 and it’s my favourite crash but I swapped out the 16 for a 16” AAX recording crash. I don’t know if it’s just mine but it has this low overtone to it. Hard to explain but the 18 doesn’t have it.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yeah I'll never buy brilliant finished cymbals.
    I hate cleaning

I remember you saying you used lemons in the past. I tried it and i’m very happy with the results. We’ll see how long it lasts though.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Been looking at the Ozone line lately but was a little hesitant to pull the trigger since the sound wasn't quite there for me.

Wanted something tonal wise that sits in between my 17" AAX treme Chinese:

and my 14" HHX mini china:

Took a gamble and got lucky. Found a used 14" HHX xtreme crash for $90 USD. To my ears, it has a dark shimmery sound unlike a sharp "clang" of a china but holds more of a presence than the Ozone.

User Info Menu

hmmm I'd like to hear that because honestly I LOVE my Ozone crashes.
    I'll have to look it up on youtube

User Info Menu

Tonight I will be playing these:

21" AA Bash Ride
    19" AAX X-plosion Crash
    17" AAX X-plosion Crash
    14" Paragon Hats
    This is the perfect cymbal setup for me. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Tonight I will be playing these:

21" AA Bash Ride
    19" AAX X-plosion Crash
    17" AAX X-plosion Crash
    14" Paragon Hats
    This is the perfect cymbal setup for me. Peace and goodwill.
    what kind of music/songs do you play?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I just ordered a 16" AAX Concept Crash Cymbal, Looking to add a 17" or 18" shortly. I was going to buy a cymbal pack but I am happy with my K ride and hats so for now I will just add 2 AAX crashes and see what that all sounds like. I am replacing cracked 17" and 15" K hybrids.

aax concept crash.jpg
    Last edited by MDK; 01-13-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    what kind of music/songs do you play?
    We play blues and some classic rock. Peace and goodwill.

Church Drummer's Army