Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1226

Thread: Sabian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Cymbals

Referencing my last post to Pearl Discussing thread, I'm pretty sure I've posted also to this thread days ago, but I don't see my post anywhere..? What's going on here..?
    Pearl VBL Concord fade (22" bd, 8"-10"-12"-14"-16" tt)
    Pearl JJ1365 Joey Jordison signature snare
    Sabian AAX cymbal setup (14" X-plosion hats, 8" Splash, 14" Crash, 16"-18" Fast Crashes, 18" China, 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride)
    Tama Iron Cobra douple pedal (powerglide) and HH-stand (flexi glide)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    Has anyone tried the 14" Sabian AAX Xplosion Hats?
    I ordered some and listened to samples but samples only do so much. Anyone own or try these out?
    Yes, I have those.. I frigging love these..! I can suggest..
    Pearl VBL Concord fade (22" bd, 8"-10"-12"-14"-16" tt)
    Pearl JJ1365 Joey Jordison signature snare
    Sabian AAX cymbal setup (14" X-plosion hats, 8" Splash, 14" Crash, 16"-18" Fast Crashes, 18" China, 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride)
    Tama Iron Cobra douple pedal (powerglide) and HH-stand (flexi glide)

User Info Menu

Just ordered and put a down payment on some 14" Evolution hats today... I feel good I wont lie lol

I was oh so close to ringing through the register some 14" AAX stage hats but had a change of mind and ordered the Evo's. I got a pretty decent deal off of them too.. 40 bucks off. So I paid $369 Canadian instead of $410 (standard retail price across Canada)

I did good right guys? good choice paying the extra??
    TAMA HYPERDRIVE BIRCH (rare champagne sparkle finish), TAMA hardware and SABIAN cymbals

User Info Menu

I got a set of B8 Pro's in yesterday and put them on the kit today. They sound nice and should suffice for my style of music. I have a couple of gigs coming up, so I am anxious to see how they sound in a live setting with a full band.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

I got a new to me 20" HH med. ride the other day. It's pretty nice. It's a little mellower than my 60's Zild. A. It's got a more pronounce stick sound than the A and less wash. The bell is real good too. It doesn't crash very well, but I expected that. It weighs about 2480 G. I've always used a little tape under the A, this one doesn't need it. I like it, especially considering the price. $92 off of ebay.
    Nice,I love my 20" HH medium ride ,such a great ride,congrats.

Mike

User Info Menu

I got a huge deal on some cymbals,one of which is a sabian AA 20" raw ride. Its unlathed and unlike any other cymbal also I own. It has no wash and is dead as a door nail. Has anyone else played one of these?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spikeithard View Post
    Just ordered and put a down payment on some 14" Evolution hats today... I feel good I wont lie lol

I was oh so close to ringing through the register some 14" AAX stage hats but had a change of mind and ordered the Evo's. I got a pretty decent deal off of them too.. 40 bucks off. So I paid $369 Canadian instead of $410 (standard retail price across Canada)

I did good right guys? good choice paying the extra??
    Sweet deal! I got a pair of 13" Evo's and paid $385 USD. I sent them back to Sabian for a factory modification which didn't void my warranty and had them cut two vent holes in the bottom cymbal cup and added 8 rivets to it. The 13" hats are my first at that size and I was leery not having enough volume but with the added rivets, they sound awesome.

User Info Menu

Yes nice deal,i played a friends evo hats very nice,give us your review

BackStreetDrums Guest

Looking for some info on Vanguards....never played Sabian before (Agops/Bosphorus)...

I understand they are not classified as 'ride', 'crash', that a 22" crash can be used as a ride. True?
    Are these the former Crescent Vanguards, remastered into the Sabian HH fold?
    Looking for some nice jazz/light playing cymbals for a small kit I am putting together, so the C/R idea is appealing

User Info Menu

I just picked up a couple more Sabians in a trade deal. I've been wanting this 18" HHX Evolution crash for a while, and finally got one! It's as nice as I was hoping. Goes great with my 16" HH thin crash. I also got an 8" HH spash in the deal. It's cute. LOL It's like a cymbal, only smaller. No pics of it yet.

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

I had 4 of those evolutions.
    Hands down one of my top 3 favorite cymbals.
    Unfortunately at the time I started getting into metal and they are not good for beatings....

Amazing tones

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I had 4 of those evolutions.
    Hands down one of my top 3 favorite cymbals.
    Unfortunately at the time I started getting into metal and they are not good for beatings....

Amazing tones
    Yeah, I hear ya there. My AAX crashes are definitely more suited for metal. But I'm definitely loving the tone of the HHX as an all-around crash. I'm going to be on the lookout for more trade deals to try to get more HHX.

User Info Menu

Here's the 18" HHX next to the 8" HH splash.

User Info Menu

I don't think my store has anymore in stock or I'd cut ya a deal!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post
    I just picked up a couple more Sabians in a trade deal. I've been wanting this 18" HHX Evolution crash for a while, and finally got one! It's as nice as I was hoping. Goes great with my 16" HH thin crash. I also got an 8" HH spash in the deal. It's cute. LOL It's like a cymbal, only smaller. No pics of it yet.

I've always wanted one of those in that size!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I've always wanted one of those in that size!
    Get one Marko, you won't regret it!

User Info Menu

Just picked up a 20" XS20 ride. Replaced an 18" CB700 for the kit I just bought a week before for the offspring. Guy drove a pretty hard bargain, but I wanted it.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any experience with the 16" aax bright crash? Looking at picking one up for a decent price on kijiji.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

the evolutions are hands down my favorite line of cymbals. The 16 and the 18 were the first cymbals I ever bought when I started drumming. Still have them and use them both!
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackStreetDrums View Post
    Looking for some info on Vanguards....never played Sabian before (Agops/Bosphorus)...

I understand they are not classified as 'ride', 'crash', that a 22" crash can be used as a ride. True?
    Looking for some nice jazz/light playing cymbals for a small kit I am putting together, so the C/R idea is appealing
    Yes these are the former Crescents that have been absorbed into Sabian HH. They're all vintage style crash rides. Those will definitely work for what you're looking for, but might I suggest you check out Dream. Dream also makes vintage style cymbals but for a lot less money. I'd recommend either their Bliss or Vintage Bliss lineups for jazz/light playing.

User Info Menu

This thread is sooooo awesome!

My primary kit is:
    AAX 14" stage hats
    HHX 16" Evolution crash
    AAX 16" stage crash
    AAX 18" stage crash
    AA 18" Medium thin crash
    AA 18" medium china
    AAX 20" stage ride

other kit:
    AAX 13" stage hats
    AAX 14"; 16"; 18" dark crashes
    AA 24" Metal X ride

On my practice kit (which is in a small room, I honestly prefer using B8's. I love the way they sound in a small room.

User Info Menu

Here's the 18" HHX next to the 8" HH splash.

Nice! I love the HHX Evolution series.

User Info Menu

I purchased a used Yamaha set 5 years ago that came with Sabian B8's. As they were so much better than what I had as a youth I was very happy with them. In fact as I liked them I never really gave them a critical ear. That was until today when a drumming buddy of mine, A Zyldjian fanboy, said I really needed to upgrade my cymbals (to Avedis or K preferably).

So I sat down and banged away on my cymbals today. Loosening them, repositioning, trying different hits, sticks and giving them a critical ear. Here is what I found:

20 inch ride - Love it. Great ride, lovely sounding bell and a decent crash. This is an awesome cymbal!
    16 inch crash - Like it a lot. Very nice crash and a very decent bell. A very good crash.
    14 inch hi-hat - Like it. It sounded dull so I played around with it height and different settings. Different strikes. After awhile I got it to sound quite decent.

So after taking the B8's for granted with a constant thought to upgrading I finally take them seriously and guess what? They are very decent!

If and when I do upgrade I'm keeping the ride for sure. Might even keep the crash as an add-on. Until then I'll stop listening to the nay-sayers.
    Better the devil you know, than you don't know! (Better the devil you know, the real devil is me!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    I purchased a used Yamaha set 5 years ago that came with Sabian B8's. As they were so much better than what I had as a youth I was very happy with them. In fact as I liked them I never really gave them a critical ear. That was until today when a drumming buddy of mine, A Zyldjian fanboy, said I really needed to upgrade my cymbals (to Avedis or K preferably).

So I sat down and banged away on my cymbals today. Loosening them, repositioning, trying different hits, sticks and giving them a critical ear. Here is what I found:

20 inch ride - Love it. Great ride, lovely sounding bell and a decent crash. This is an awesome cymbal!
    16 inch crash - Like it a lot. Very nice crash and a very decent bell. A very good crash.
    14 inch hi-hat - Like it. It sounded dull so I played around with it height and different settings. Different strikes. After awhile I got it to sound quite decent.

So after taking the B8's for granted with a constant thought to upgrading I finally take them seriously and guess what? They are very decent!

If and when I do upgrade I'm keeping the ride for sure. Might even keep the crash as an add-on. Until then I'll stop listening to the nay-sayers.
    B8s are a very good series for the price. They may not be top of the line, but they sound pretty decent. I still have a pair of 14" hihats. I tried the ride a while ago. I would have to grab it after a few hits because the sound would build up with every hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackStreetDrums View Post

I'm chomping at the bit to get one of these. There are three 22" Vanguard cymbals that I've been able to find. One is a thin crash, one is a ride and the other is a crash/ride. They are not cheap! I'm buying a 22" Artisan medium ride first (also expensive) so the 22" thin crash must wait a couple months.
    Last edited by SunDog; 05-29-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass