Thread: Drum set up

User Info Menu

Default Drum set up

im just wondering how you guys have your drums set up, im looking for some unique set ups cuz i cant find a way to set up my drums that i really like yet..

User Info Menu

Ive just got the conventional right handed going for drums right now
    But for cymbals....
    Now ive got a 18 in Ride/Crash mounted slighty right of my high hats, which are in the conventional spot, Then i have a stand behind my rock ride, that branches over to place my splash high between my low and high tom, and a 14 inch fast crash mounted way up for a fast hit to the right of my low tom

Im gonna put on a ride cymbal soon, taht will hand really low over my floor tom, and maybe add another tom under my fast crash

User Info Menu

Hello, really the most important thing when setting up your drums, is that everything is comfortable to you, that everything is easy to get to with ease, this will make you a better player. if you want to see the way I set mine up, go to my web[age, www.myspace.com/ddrumbum and click on pictures.

User Info Menu

Here's how I've gotten comfortable: 14" crash above the hi-hats, 16" crash between the floor tom and the tom to the sitting above my right knee. Here's where I'm not sure if I'm like everyone else: I like my ride hovering just slightly above the floor tom. When it's way up high, like I've seen on so many sets, I can't play those really fast tunes comfortably. My band played an Allman Bros. tune that was 100 mph and all ride. Wore my arm out everytime we played! It always cracked us up, 'cos there's the guitar and bass players chillin' and chattin' at the end of the song, and then there's me, drenched in sweat and grabbing for my water bottle!

But that's just me...

User Info Menu

I have my snare right under my crash and between my legs. my toms on top of the bass drum. one is higher than the other. I keep my kettle at medium height about half a foot away from the bass drum. my h hat is to my left so my foot is at an angle when i use it. my crash it directly above my left tom. that's what works for me and my metal drumming.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sholmes2112
    I like my ride hovering just slightly above the floor tom. =
    I do that. I agree, it's much easier to play fast for long periods. I have a china cymbal at the same height next to the ride, and a zilbel stacked directly above the ride bell - so when you're riding at that angle, you can move about the toms, bell and china really easily, which can make for some interesting ride patterns (e.g. riding between ride, bell, china and floor toms, get some nice patterns going that way).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CAM1027
    I keep my kettle at medium height about half a foot away from the bass drum.
    In case you want a cup of tea?

User Info Menu

i think he means kettle as in like... a timpani?
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon
    i think he means kettle as in like... a timpani?
    Um ... it was a joke.

User Info Menu

ouch....

my set up is i take my mid tom and put it where my floor tom would be with a clamp as if having two floor toms. My ride goes over the first "floor tom" and a 16" crash goes over the actual floor tom. My hats go right beside the hi tom and i have an 18' crash over the high tom.

User Info Menu

okay...don't laugh....I have an enforcer kit with two floor toms and I have no crashes right now, but I have a 10" splash (Wuhan) and an 18" ride and pretty soon I'm gonna get another splash (8") and a crash (Sabian AAX) (I did have two enforcer kits put together, but I sold one without the floor tom lol)
    Last edited by eggman; 03-29-2007 at 05:13 PM.
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

my toms are almsot flat a fit of an angel snare flat with my hihat closer then my foot pedal so I can use heal-down on my hi-hat pedal