Thread: Pro Mark Pro Grip DrumSticks

User Info Menu

Default Pro Mark Pro Grip DrumSticks

Hi All,I have used Pro Mark Pro Grip 747 Nylon Tipped stick for a long time now.The 747 size is between a 5A and a 5B.But they also come in 5A,5B and 2B Nylon or Wood Tip with an Olive tip standard.They are 16 1/4" long.Thicker taper than 5A's.Average price is 8-10$ per pair. First off,they have the greatest grip coating ever invented for Drumsticks.It's propietary(secret) to ProMark only.It gives you all the grip you would ever need,( you can play tug'o'war and not lose the stick)BUT-YOU CAN STILL FEEL THE WOODS TEXTURE!!IT ALSO,IT DOESN'T EFFECT CROSS-STICKING AT ALL!! Rubs your hands just like a regular lacquered stick would,but without the feel of lacquer.From above grip coating to the tip is lacquered . They are made of hickory,so they're durable without having the weight of Oak,and they have a weight that allows throwing fast and hard,or soft and controlled.Great for most styles,but fantastic for Rock.They are easy to purchase via web,and most Drums only stores have them,too.But your average music store won't have them. Trust me, every Drummer I've showed them to,LOVES EM'.Look them up or find some in person,in my opinion you won't be disappointed .
    Last edited by JeffS; 08-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Jeff's Gear-DW ,Ludwig,Tama,Sabian AA-AAX,DW Hardware,Gibraltar Hardware,DW Pedals/HiHats,Aquarian,Remo,Evans,Promark ProGrip 747's,Protechtor XL Elite Air Cases. "Music is the voice of Emotion","Drums Make a Great Alarm Clock for Bad Neighbors"."It Was A Quiet Peaceful Day Until The Drummer Began To Play".Member of Phrogge's Aquarian Army