Thread: records.... might be for the older lads and lasses in here

User Info Menu

Default records.... might be for the older lads and lasses in here

well i was just wandering, does anybody else in here still have records (LP, vinyl or what ever its called)

like i said in a nother resent thread i have 4 of queens but here is the list of the ones i treasure the most (got a whole lot from my parrents when i moved out because they didnt want them)

Queen -
    Live at wimbley
    Innuendo
    A kind of magic
    A night at the opera

Alice Cooper -
    Schools Out
    Wellcome to my Nightmare

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Red Warszawa - Hævi Mætal og hass (danish group, the album is called translated, heavy metal and (the last word would break a rule, lets just say something you smoke that is not cigarettes, some might know what i meen)

Metallica - One (this is a single) i've asked my brother a million times if i could buy his "kill em all" but he wont let me

Kim Larsen - Midt om Natten (danish dude, you might have heard of his band they made something in english some time back (think it was the 70s) the band was called "gasolin" and they made a song called "this is my life" and some other stuff, not sure what it is called)

and last but not least

AC\DC - Highway to Hell

other than this i have a lot of old 70s pop musik on collections and some danish music from the 60s, 70s and 80s

mayby you would list your most priced ones... (this is for you older dudes so we dont get a list of thousands or more, this is not at all pointed at you bongobro *wink wink* you know im kidding)
    Last edited by Mr Ice; 07-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: records.... might be for the older lads and lasses in here

Ive got about 150-200 albums around here.

User Info Menu

Sadly, I don't have my LP's anymore. I have managed to replace most of them with CD versions, but I do miss my LP's.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sadly, I don't have my LP's anymore. I have managed to replace most of them with CD versions, but I do miss my LP's.
    people look at my crazy when i say i think LPs sound better than CDs
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

I have a few, cant remember I know I have Queen, Maiden live after death, Maiden Japan
    and a few others, nothing to play them on though

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Yep, still got around 200 , slowly copying them onto CD.
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

being younger, i don't have any, but I thought it could be cool to get one from a band I liked and put it on my room's wall or something I think you can get some records relatively cheap on ebay

User Info Menu

I used to have the 4 solo kiss albums on my wall in the 80,s. Breaks my heart now.
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Cool Re: records.... might be for the older lads and lasses in here

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    If I didn't know we were talkin' records here, that statement would have scared me, PB! (couldn't resist a BAD PUN!)

I have probably about 100 vinyl discs left. Some have CD duplicates, but most of them don't. Oddly enough, I have a BIL (brother-in-law) who has hundreds of vinyl LPs because, as you say, Mr. Ice, he claims they sound better than discs! Trouble is, they take up mucho space in his house...

Now what do we do with our CDs since mp3s are now the order of the day???
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

My dad collects them, he has like 4000!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    people look at my crazy when i say i think LPs sound better than CDs
    They do. I much prefer the sound of an album.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Now what do we do with our CDs since mp3s are now the order of the day???
    yeah the digital age is upon us, must regretably, i miss the good old days where you went over til the big record player and had to make sure it was running the right RPMs and make sure no one was walking to heavy next to it... those were the days....

as we speak i actually listen to "A night in the opera" on record... gotta love the sound....

User Info Menu

I have maybe 100 or so... All the original KISS albums up through the solo albums & I think 'The Elder', some other classic rock LPs, and a LOT of old 80's hardcore, punk rock & skate rock.
    I never play them, though because I don't have a decent turntable anymore. Maybe I'll look for one at a garage sale or something...
    My brother has about 3000 or so...

Larrysperf Guest

I have them all, even got some gold ones haha

User Info Menu

I do not even have CD, all MP3 or MP4 over 700 albums worth (not downloaded) I converted my CDs and then sold them on Ebay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    I do not even have CD, all MP3 or MP4 over 700 albums worth (not downloaded) I converted my CDs and then sold them on Ebay.
    wow.... i dont think i could ever get myself to sell my old records.... they meen to much to me

User Info Menu

My dad has 300 or so albums, and it's great because lots of it is more obscure stuff. I also have a turntable. While CDs are more compact and transportable, vinyl has a look and feel which I love.
    Last edited by keysanddrums; 07-31-2009 at 06:30 PM.

User Info Menu

I don't care what anyone says get yourself one of those old counsel record players you know the one that looks like a piece of furniture and it will rock the house! OH and yes I have around a hundred personally selected LP's that no cd will ever match for sound. F/T OUT!

User Info Menu

A bunch of old great albums and I even have a turn table ;-)
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

Larrysperf Guest

I still have some 45s lol and yes a turntable, Macintosh

User Info Menu

i miss the good old days where you went over til the big record player and had to make sure it was running the right RPMs and make sure no one was walking to heavy next to it... those were the days....
    ROFLMAO!!! And if the album had a scratch, you'd stack a couple pennys on the arm to keep the needle from skipping!

A vinyl album has a warm, nostalgic, snap crackle & pop that was lost in the super clarity of CD's and now mp3s.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

yeah the digital age is upon us, must regretably, i miss the good old days where you went over til the big record player and had to make sure it was running the right RPMs and make sure no one was walking to heavy next to it... those were the days....

as we speak i actually listen to "A night in the opera" on record... gotta love the sound....
    And I remember the days when I was playing records in radio and one of my biggest fears was starting the record into the song so you would have...

"woooooaaaaaaHHHHH" at the very start...or bumping the needle as you reached for another record and watching with horror as it bounced across the cut and scratched the vinyl!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ice,,,,I Lost My Collection Of Over 4000 (playlist For 4 Nawlins Radio Stations) To Katrina ,however I Have Found Some Very Collectibles....
    Even My "adopted" Son Gave Me Some Of My Originals Back From When I Hadda Truck Sale In Ohio....anything Wouldfnt Fit In Da Truck Was Sold He Bought About 500,,,,and Gave Me Back 2 Full Boxes When I Got To Phoenix On Da Condition I I Never Let Them Go Again...I'm Up To About 300 Again Including Originals Like Les Paul/mary Ford .....I Still Go Searching And Have Found Some Gems For Cheap,,,,Cos Most Dont Own A Turntable Anymore!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    ...I'm Up To About 300 Again Including Originals Like Les Paul/mary Ford .....I Still Go Searching And Have Found Some Gems For Cheap,,,,Cos Most Dont Own A Turntable Anymore!!!!!
    That's funny you say that... I have an old antique Victrola that plays only 78's; there were a bunch of old 78's in it when my mom bought it from an antique store a long time ago, including several from Les Paul and Mary Ford! The only thing is I can't find the old metal needles it uses so if I listen to the 78's it digs into the record BAD!

User Info Menu

I remember recoords but mmy era went hi-tech with 8-tracks .I still have Steve Miller , Nazereth , Alice Coopper , Ted Nugent and a few others lying around somewhere .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey