Thread: (de)motivation poster....

User Info Menu

Default (de)motivation poster....

a friend of mine sent me this (de)motivational poster... and i just had to share it with you guys....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: (de)motivation poster....

Interesting. I can't decide if the poster is saying that Freddie Mercury has all the answers, so yours don't count, or if it is saying that Freddie Mercury is secure with himself, so your opinions of him are invalid.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I see Freddie Mercury but instantly replaced him with Chuck Norris.
    You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time? -Anonymous

User Info Menu

LoL got to give him credit far as vocals, that guy could sing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marinewif View Post
    i see your chuck norris and use "my" Mr. T (first name Mister, middle name Period, last name T)

someones been in other forums huh????

@Taz.

yeah he was a great vocalist, not much of a guitar player, but quite good on a piano....

i really wanted to see him live, the shows i've seen of them live has been nice, but sadly i was only 7 when he died....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

A Live show would have been great. Wonder what the band would sound like today if he was still around?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marinewif View Post
    Favourite quote from chuck norris "If I wanted your opinion, I,d beat it out of you"
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    A Live show would have been great. Wonder what the band would sound like today if he was still around?
    one could only hope that they would still have the same sound as back then....

BTW.
    they do still play together or its more like Roger Taylor and Brian May are still playing and have gotten Paul Rogders as a singer....

i dont have anything left over for paul, i have never liked him, and the way he destoys queens music is just messed up...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    one could only hope that they would still have the same sound as back then....

BTW.
    they do still play together or its more like Roger Taylor and Brian May are still playing and have gotten Paul Rogders as a singer....

i dont have anything left over for paul, i have never liked him, and the way he destoys queens music is just messed up...
    Sorry, Mr Ice but I have to disagree with you there. Paul Rodgers, in my Humble opinion, is in the top 5 Rock vocalists ever. His work with Free and Bad Company was outstanding, and although I am not a Queen fan, I think "he destroys queens music" is very unfair. But hey, thats, your opinion, and you are entitled.
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"

Sabian AAX Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Sorry, Mr Ice but I have to disagree with you there. Paul Rodgers, in my Humble opinion, is in the top 5 Rock vocalists ever. His work with Free and Bad Company was outstanding, and although I am not a Queen fan, I think "he destroys queens music" is very unfair. But hey, thats, your opinion, and you are entitled.
    i think that it is because of my passion for queen... they were the first band to make an impression on me, and they were the reason i started playing....

and mayby the fact that i never really liked him.... i think he looks like he is straining himself when he sings, as far as beeing in the top 5 of rock vocalists, i guess that depends on who is making the top five...

anyway this was not ment to become a bashing or anything... and i hope nobody i taking it that way....

User Info Menu

i think that it is because of my passion for queen... they were the first band to make an impression on me, and they were the reason i started playing....

and mayby the fact that i never really liked him.... i think he looks like he is straining himself when he sings, as far as beeing in the top 5 of rock vocalists, i guess that depends on who is making the top five...

anyway this was not ment to become a bashing or anything... and i hope nobody i taking it that way....
    Hey, no problem, I know it,s hard when your favourite band loses such an integral part of itself. Freddie was such a one off wasn,t he ? Nobody can really replace him I suppose.
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"

Sabian AAX Cymbals

User Info Menu

its ol' freddie! that paoster is funny

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Hey, no problem, I know it,s hard when your favourite band loses such an integral part of itself. Freddie was such a one off wasn,t he ? Nobody can really replace him I suppose.
    on one of the "greatest video hits" dvds brian may says that the only person to ever come close to the way freddie did the heavy part in bohemain rapsody was Axl Rose when they did the memorial concert in 92... but that is a heavy song and he is a heavy singer (sometimes)

not to sound full of my self, but i actually think that i would be able to sing like him, i am a kind of a singer sometimes, and i have sung Queen songs since like forever, so i know them all.... but i guess im would be to young to take the job....

User Info Menu

you never know Mr Ice, you should always aim high
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"

Sabian AAX Cymbals

User Info Menu

yeah... but still a singer for a big band like that, who is half the age of the rest...

User Info Menu

Don't knock it, Mr. Ice. Look at the philipino kid who replaced Steve perry in Journey.

Anything is possible.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

yeah he was a great vocalist, not much of a guitar player, but quite good on a piano....
    I heard he was particularly good on the organ....
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Lmao!

User Info Menu

hahahaha good one!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Oh man, Kevin. Is it cold in here, or is it just you?
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Freddie was definitely one of the greatest singers of all time, and really almost anyone that replaced him wouldn't do the songs justice.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    og my god.... that was well kinda funny but i've heard you should'nt bash the dead