Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip............ Frank

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rip............ Frank

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????????? oh no freakin way....
    I'll get back to this, I'm a little too teary eyed to comment right now

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Unhappy Re: Rip............ Frank

Im in complete shock, first of all, a special thanks to Kevin (cycledude) for bringing this to everyones attention.

Frank was one of the first people that I met when I joined this site, he was so nice and informative and made me feel like i have always been a part of this community. Him being one of the most knowledgeable, and respectful members of drumchat, leaves me very sad to hear about his passing. I truly wish the best for his family and those who surround him in these difficult times. He has made a huge impact on all of us, sharing his knowledge and respect seemed to impact every single person he talked to. I will miss him but i know that he is in a good place now. Its so amazing to me how just a freind on the internet can have such an impact on so many people. This is truly a tight-knit community, it just all the more reason to really respect one another. You never really know what can happen.

*Jerry Steel*
    *DBL D*

Last edited by DamageDrummer; 08-15-2009 at 10:37 PM.

User Info Menu

As I did not know Frank personally being that I'm new here.
    The reading I have read from Frank and all of you thru his being sick.
    I do know he was very blessed to be here and know you all, and you all were very blessed to have known him.

My condolences go out to all who have touched paths with Frank in his walk through life. You all are greater to have known each other, gathering and shearing knowledge of common interest...
    Play to win my friend, and make sure you see you won in the eyes of others not that of your own, then truly you've won...

User Info Menu

OMG! you guys sure this is not a mistake. If it's true, I am shocked and saddened, beyond any words I could express right now.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I only knew Frank for a few months, but came to have much respect for him. He was a man of character and conviction, something we should all aspire to. This song comes to mind. It is not about drummers, but the idea fits, at least to me. So.....here's to Frank, and think drums instead of guitars, and big band instead of blues.

Alpine valley
    In the middle of the night
    Six strings down
    On the heaven-bound flight
    Got a pick, a strap, guitar on his back
    Ain’t gonna cut the angels no slack
    Heaven done called
    Another blues-stringer back home
    See the voodoo chile
    Holding out his hand
    I’ve been waitin’ on you brother
    Welcome to the band
    Good blues-stringin’
    Heaven-fine singin’
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph
    Been lis’nin’ to your playin’
    Heaven done called
    Lord they called
    Albert Collins up there
    Muddy an’ Lightnin’ too
    Albert King and Freddy
    Playin’ the blues
    T-Bone Walker, Guitar Slim
    Little Son Jackson and
    Frankie Lee Sims
    Heaven done called
    Lord they called
    Last edited by CharlyG; 08-11-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I JUST SAW ON FACEBOOK....

Frank Iacovazzi passed away on Monday, August 10, 2009, after his short battle with cancer. While it was short-lived, my father fought the cancer as best he could. On behalf of my father, I would like to personally thank all of you for your comments/messages to him and hope that you keep our family, especially my mother Mary, in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks, Pete Iacovazzi.

I'M IN SHOCK...
    This is extremely sad news, he will be greatly missed here. My prayers are with his family, and I know he is in a better place!!

RIP Frank!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Wow. Rest in Peace Frank, thank you for being informative, helpful, and above all else kind in the few exchanges I've had with you. The great drumchat in the sky just got much better.

User Info Menu

The best tribute to Frank I could find. It is overtly religious, so if that offends, please don't watch, although I think Frank would approve.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG8K4kYTpG0&feature=related"]YouTube - Spirit in the Sky Norman Greenbaum[/ame]
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

It's been a long and busy day and I'm just getting in here. I thought this was some kind of sick joke. I was getting angry at Cycle Dude for starting it. I guess I knew inside that it probably was true but I didn't want to believe it. I'm still sitting here thinking that maybe there's been a mistake and it's not the same person.

Frank was very special to me. He was a veteran player and he knew his stuff. He would courageously take a position at times but it was never based off of too much pride. He simply stood by what he believed in based off of many years of experience and I so respected that whether or not I always agreed with him or not.

Frank was a big band guy. I loved hearing his perspective on music coming from a band leader's point of view. He was also a high school band director for many years and he would love to come in to some of the music theory threads and set us all straight with regard to reading rhythms.

I miss him so much and can't believe he's gone. How could it have happened so fast? He didn't make it sound that bad. It came across like it was just going to be a little chemo and it would all be over. He had such a good attitude about it all. I could hear the concern in his voice but I could also tell he was trying to mask it with a positive mental attitude. If I had known it was that serious, I would have tried to be more active in his threads and talk to him more one on one. I just never thought this would happen.

Indeed this is a very sad day. We miss you Frank. We miss you drum brother!
    Enjoy your time with God and we'll all join you real soon. We'll have a jam session man. You can be the leader.

User Info Menu

How the hell does this work???

RIP Frank, you'll be missed.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It's been a long and busy day and I'm just getting in here. I thought this was some kind of sick joke. I was getting angry at Cycle Dude for starting it. I guess I knew inside that it probably was true but I didn't want to believe it..
    I'm quick with a joke, and have pushed the envelope at times, but I would never be so disrespectful. I know what you mean though about the disbelief, Most likely because he said how well he was doing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Enjoy your time with God and we'll all join you real soon. We'll have a jam session man. You can be the leader.
    Amen to that... Frank will probably jam with the other drumming greats like Buddy, Gene, and Louie, after they're all done arguing at who will lead.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

I have not been here at drumchat long, and I didn't really know Frank all that well, but I definitely saw how much he helped people here at drumchat and what an inspiration he was to everyone around him.

R.I.P. Frank!

User Info Menu

I just received an e-mail from Frank's son about his passing..... I am utterly heartbroken, very very very sad indeed. He passed so fast, I can hardly believe it.....

User Info Menu

Like everyone before, my thoughts and prayers are with his family. These things alway tare me apart. The human selfishness side of me is mad, and disappointed that he has passed. However their is a strong sense of jealousy that he is in a place that knows now pain or limitations. God Bless Frank!
    Last edited by Fades Away; 08-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

I am sorry to hear of Franks passing...although new here to drum chat i did read his posts..i'd like to add that when drummers pass on...you can still hear them play them drums whenever you hear a thunderstorm..thats a drum solo!! to let you know that things rock in the after life what ever your beliefs are...thats my thought!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

I am very disappointed in this terrible news. At least we have a lot of knowledge shared from Frank right here in this DC forum. And for that I am grateful...
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

I didn't get to know Frank on here, but I bet he was a great guy and an awesome drummer.

R.I.P. Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoCtA.FlAkE View Post
    I didn't get to know Frank on here, but I bet he was a great guy and an awesome drummer.

R.I.P. Frank
    thanks for the kind words
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

I too am shocked and terribly saddened to learn of Frank's passing. Even when he wasn't feeling well he tried to inject something positive into the conversation. I never met him personally, but we had been talking about that possibility since he only lived a state away.

Though I am not on DC as much recently as I would like to be due to time constraints, Frank would either email me or contact me on Facebook to see what was going on with my band, and he would tell me about his latest practice with the big band. Man, he was so stoked to have become the leader of that band! He was truly in his element there.

I am a far better person for having known him, and he will be sorely missed.

God speed Frank.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    I just received an e-mail from Frank's son about his passing..... I am utterly heartbroken, very very very sad indeed. He passed so fast, I can hardly believe it.....

This is horrible news for all of us. Who thought someone you only knew on the Internet could have such an effect? God bless Frank and his family. Our prayers go out to them.

Sue, I hope you will forward a link to his family so they can have an idea of how much he meant to people who never even met him.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

I am profoundly saddened by this news.. It's amazing how much of an attachment develops on the net.

We love you Frank!
    In the arms of Jesus..it don't get NO better than that!

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    I am profoundly saddened by this news.. It's amazing how much of an attachment develops on the net.

We love you Frank!
    In the arms of Jesus..it don't get NO better than that!

-Les
    +1
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

Larrysperf Guest

MY last time GOOD NIGHT FRANK we will all miss you you are a great man teacher and will not be forgotten as you touched a great many of us more than you will ever know

User Info Menu

wow.... I thought he was getting better.... wow..... RIP frank. Can we still have his posts here to give him respect?
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

two days have passed and yet I can't shake this weight of tinking about Frank. I always carried this fantasy that one day he would visit us here in the Bahamas (he was retired and spoke of travel) I would have got a pic of him beating on my dixieland set. Having a beer together up at Santanas, him showing me how to count out a jazz fill on a napkin or something. A fuzzy day dream but now gone forever. This is hard on me. A great sadness.

all the best...