Thread: Kick Drum...too much ring, no more.

User Info Menu

Default Kick Drum...too much ring, no more.

So I bought an emad kick head for my 22" tama. After reading all the reports I was hoping that would be all I would need to get a really good punch out of it. But it was still too ringy even with the larger emad ring on it. So when we went to Target I picked up a smaller furniture pillow that matches my kit. I just got home and put it in and it sounds exactly how I wanted it to. I'm stoked. Plus I don't have an ugly white bed pillow staring up at me while I'm playing.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kick Drum...too much ring, no more.

lol, i have a coated emperor head so i cant see the ugly pillows with drool stains :D

glad you got that sound, i was equally happy when i did it to my BD and i had that hiphop/r&b sound, DIGGITY DAMN!
    http://myspace.com/htsamurai
    ^i play everything you hear yo

Zildj 20" A Ping Ride
    Zildj 14" Quick Beat top
    Zildj 14" ZBT bottom
    20" pulse bass (coated emperor)
    Pearl steel piccollo 14x3 (genera)
    DW 5k single

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kick Drum...too much ring, no more.

There's no better feeling than finally fixing something you've been trying to acheive for a long time. Same with me for finding the right heads for my toms, when i used the coated g 2's i was like YES FINALLY!! That's what i'm going for! And Drumchat is always the best place to celebrate! Congrats brotha! ha ha!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.