Thread: Michael Vick signs with the eagles?

User Info Menu

Default Michael Vick signs with the eagles?

Personally, I think it's pathetic. Now if i could just have Ed Gein (in case you dont know who he is, he was the inspiration for movies like hannibal lecter, leatherface..etc ect) sign with our band I'm sure we would be as popular as the Eagles will be for signing Vick

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/08/14/vick.eagles/
    The Philadelphia Eagles welcomed Michael Vick back into the National Football League on Friday after the quarterback spent almost two years in federal prison on a felony dogfighting conviction.

Vick, formerly with the Atlanta Falcons, has signed a two-year deal with the Eagles.

"I think everybody deserves a second chance," Vick said at a news conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on Friday. "Now I want to be part of the solution and not the problem."

The league suspended Vick indefinitely in August 2007 after he pleaded guilty to a federal charge of bankrolling a dogfighting operation at a home he owned in Virginia.

Vick, 29, was freed from federal prison at Leavenworth, Kansas, on May 20 and returned to his Virginia home to serve the last two months of his 23-month sentence in home confinement.

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Default Re: Michael Vick signs with the eagles?

I dunno man... Everybody goofs at some point. Let the dude see
    if he can still go ya know..? Really, The only thing I DON'T like about it
    is, Him bein' in the NFC... Haaaaaaaaaahhh - He was a hoss in Atlanta
    a few years ago..? .02
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

yeah he was stupid for doing the dogfighting thing but noone can say he isn't an amazing quarterback.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

The only thing that bothers me is that when he talks about being sorry, I see something that makes me wonder. At the same time he is saying he's sorry, he has a slight smile on his face - like he's pulling one over on everybody. I believe in giving second chances to people. I also believe that time will tell whether Michael Vick is sincere. I hope so, for his sake.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bah, I thought this was about something semi important , like the proper eagles, oooooohhhh Hotel California.
    www.myspace.com/gozrock
    www.myspace.com/video/rid/110115140
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    22"x20"
    10"x7"
    12"x8"
    14"x12"
    16"x14"
    Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 14"x6.5

Sabian AAX Cymbals

In Support of Leighs Record attempt
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Well he has served his time, and met the requirements of the law for his freedom. I think you have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves he doesn't deserve it. My only regret is the Bill's didn't sign him first, they might have actually stood a chance with him.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    Bah, I thought this was about something semi important , like the proper eagles, oooooohhhh Hotel California.

User Info Menu

He's a mediocre QB w/no impressive #'s to speak of.Why all the hype over a guy who's done nothing career wise is beyond me.

So now the Eagles have 2 mediocre QB's. His 2nd chance came when he was released from jail.He got his freedom and that should be it.Go get a job and live with the fact that you had and blew millions upon millions.

If that was 1 of us regular working stiff type of guys, we would still be sitting in jail. How about Dante Stallworth..DUI kills an innocent guy, spends 27 days in jail and suspended for the season!?!..Ahhh there's justice right there.

So he doesn't get paid by the team this season..boohoo..he probally has investments that make him more than he makes playing anyway.

User Info Menu

He may be a decent QB but he does have a history of choking...dogs that is! McNabb will be hurt soon after the season starts and he (Vick) will be taking snaps guaranteed. Yet another criminal rewarded by the vast criminal enterprise known as professional sports.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    If that was 1 of us regular working stiff type of guys, we would still be sitting in jail.
    That's exactly how I feel, ZZZ. If you or I got busted for this crime, we would be "convicted felons" We'd have a tough time getting a job flipping burgers for cryin out loud. Vick gets another multi-million dollar contract with the NFL?

YES - Vick served his time, fine. But to be a quarterback in the NFL is what I would call a dream job. It would be like drumming for your favorite band.

I think Vick should be shoveling doodies at the local Petco, and not soaring with the Eagles.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

man this sucks the eagles are my favorite team but i dont wanna be cheering for a animal abuser
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Michael Vick signs with the eagles?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    ...(a)t the same time he is saying he's sorry, he has a slight smile on his face - like he's pulling one over on everybody. I believe in giving second chances to people. I also believe that time will tell whether Michael Vick is sincere...
    Whether he is or whether he isn't, the real Michael Vick will show up soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Church Drummer View Post
    Well he has served his time, and met the requirements of the law for his freedom. I think you have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he proves he doesn't deserve it...
    ...just like CD says...

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    ...(i)f that was 1 of us regular working stiff type of guys, we would still be sitting in jail. How about Dante Stallworth..DUI kills an innocent guy, spends 27 days in jail and suspended for the season!?!..Ahhh there's justice right there...
    St. Louis is still sizzling about Leonard Little, a former Ram who plowed his LIncoln Navigator into a woman's car after a game ten years ago, killing her, and getting what many people called a slap on the wrist...and there have been many other working Joes who have done a lot less and have suffered a lot more. Time will tell if society believes it...

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    man this sucks the eagles are my favorite team but i dont wanna be cheering for a animal abuser
    It'll be interesting to see what other Eagles fans have to say about that (or not) when he gets into a game, won't it?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Eagles fans will probally say *ooh crap*..he has a 53% passing rating, more 100yd rushing games (6) then he has 250yd passing games(5).They'll use him on *trick plays*, or a wild cat formation type of stuff relying on his feet instead of his arm...Just wait til the PETA people go and spend all types of money on campaigns trying to distrupt games and boycot the NFL...The NFL is a billion dollar business..Yeah it's a game ,but it's a game that produces billions of dollars...Vick could have beat'n a Nun senseless w/a puppy and the NFL would still have him back...When he no longer makes his team/NFL $$$..Then he'll be working at Petco.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Whether he is or whether he isn't, the real Michael Vick will show up soon enough...

...just like CD says...

St. Louis is still sizzling about Leonard Little, a former Ram who plowed his LIncoln Navigator into a woman's car after a game ten years ago, killing her, and getting what many people called a slap on the wrist...and there have been many other working Joes who have done a lot less and have suffered a lot more. Time will tell if society believes it...

It'll be interesting to see what other Eagles fans have to say about that (or not) when he gets into a game, won't it?
    oh yeah man i personally think mcnabb is alot better to and he was sentenced to 6 years and barely even was there for 1 i've never really liked vick and this just makes me not like him even more
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

I firmly believe in Karma, what comes around goes around. I'm also the owner of two pitbulls, the sweetest most loyal loving dogs I have ever known and I wasnt a dog person at all before we got these two.

I just wonder how the NFL could think, hey having this guy back is going to be bad for business. They should make an NFL all Pro convict team

Michael Vick - animal abuse
    OJ - whatever is was he didn't do it, still looking for the real killer, apparently that killer can be found on a golf course
    Leonard Little - DUI manslaughter
    Pacman Jones - ummm everything
    Chris Henry - DUI, Assault, Posession
    Timmy Smith - MVP and Coke dealer
    Ray Carruth - conspiracy to commit murder of his 6 month pregnant girlfriend
    Brandon Marshall - too many to list
    Plexico Burress - lots
    Jamal Lewis - drugs
    Luis Sharpe - drugs, assault

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

All those guys look like boy scouts compared to the NBA

User Info Menu

It has been said that he made a mistake.....he is an adult and knew exactly what he was doing and that was no mistake .I also believe the only thing he is sorry for is getting caught .

He is supposed to be an athlete and role model and should know how to conduct himself properly .I also believe in giving a second chance but think he was way over the line for a 2 nd chance .

I dont think he should be allowed to play ball anymore....look what happened to Pete Rose of the Phillies for a little gambling mistake .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Of course he's sorry..he lost over $140 million in endorsments/contract ....I believe they call that a moron.