Thread: College applications

User Info Menu

Default College applications

So my oldest is applying to schools and getting all her applications and stuff together.

So me and the wife are looking over the paper work and trying to figure out how we're gonna pull off $40,000 a yr for college.

I go from being the proud dad, *ahhh my little girls going to school* to a bit grumpy thinking about the cost. My wife sees I'm getting a bit heated over the cost and says *hey just think, Kali will be going next yr. and we'll be paying double*..(Kali is my middle daughter) well great honey, would ya like to kick my dog too?..I have enough of looking at all this stuff and thinking about the cost and get up to walk away and the wife says *hey look at this!*

The last page of the application says mail to *blah blah blah* with a check for $50 processing fee!?!..What!?..$50 bucks, are ya kidding.

There's a pile of applications sitting here and $50 adds up quick..$50 process fee to go to the school that wants $40,000..well isn't that just pissa!....I just needed to vent...No dogs where harmed during the writing of this thread.

User Info Menu

Default Re: College applications

LOL.............I somewhat feel your pain . My kids are 3 years apart so we get a little break between them going .

They arent near ready for college yet, but we have been putting away a little extra for when the time comes .Hopeful;ly there will a chance of some type of scholarship ,we shall see, good luck .

PS........what ever you do , dont sell the drums ....sell the dog first.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

My youngest is 3...so by the time the other 2 are almost paid for I get to start again.

My drums stay!!!...The dog and a kidney might just have to go.

User Info Menu

this is what makes me happy to live in denmark, "free" school, almost anyway, we do pay a lot in taxes (like 42%)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
    My youngest is 3...so by the time the other 2 are almost paid for I get to start again.

My drums stay!!!...The dog and a kidney might just have to go.

ROFL.......
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ice View Post
    this is what makes me happy to live in denmark, "free" school, almost anyway, we do pay a lot in taxes (like 42%)

We used to pay a lot of taxes too...........then, there was this one night where someone filled the harbor with tea ......and the rest is history .
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    We used to pay a lot of taxes too...........then, there was this one night where someone filled the harbor with tea ......and the rest is history .
    HEY!! THAT WAS NEARLY 3 CENTURIES AGO!! I THINK WE CAN MOVE THINGS ALONG, NOW!!!

If you really worry about the cost, try persuading them to go somewhere close to home. Here in Illinois where the heat is nearly all the way up, there are places where school is free.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Here in England we get student loans which only have to be paid back when you are earning a certain amount. Isnt there some aort of system like that in America? I wish i was Scottish, at universities they have no tuition costs!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    Here in England we get student loans which only have to be paid back when you are earning a certain amount. Isnt there some aort of system like that in America? I wish i was Scottish, at universities they have no tuition costs!
    We have student loans, but you start paying them back after you graduate..job or no job.I have a house in Canada and I have dual citizenship as American/Canadian..Free school there to but I don't think it will cover my kids.Unless of course I move them up there, but they wouldn't like it much.