Thread: Help on buying new electronic drumset

User Info Menu

Default Help on buying new electronic drumset

I want to buy a new electronic drumset for practice that accepts a double bass pedal, and be as noiseless as it can. I like YAMAHA DTXPRESS IV SPECIAL SET but its too expensive for me. Can anyone give me some ideas?
    Drumming till my arms and feet go dead!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help on buying new electronic drumset

Used roland td-6sxt mesh head sets are very nice and around $1200 used the td-6 rubber pad sets are 600-800 range. Don't know about the other brands.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by adccnotbe View Post
    I want to buy a new electronic drumset for practice that accepts a double bass pedal, and be as noiseless as it can. I like YAMAHA DTXPRESS IV SPECIAL SET but its too expensive for me. Can anyone give me some ideas?
    How much are you wanting to spend?....The Dtxpress IV kit you mentioned can be bought new for $1299 shipped (from RMC Audio)...which to me is a great price and alot of kit for the money....if you are wanting to spend less than that...you're probably gonna have to go the used route...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    How much are you wanting to spend?....The Dtxpress IV kit you mentioned can be bought new for $1299 shipped (from RMC Audio)...which to me is a great price and alot of kit for the money....if you are wanting to spend less than that...you're probably gonna have to go the used route...
    look at this, after ~ 1 year of lurking and asking my own questions, i have the chance to add to a trhead to help someone else!

I decided to get a simmons sd7k (i was just starting out and really needed to go "electric" so as to "keep the peace" in the house). The pads on this kit (they are a rubber type of thing) are quite, yet my 10 year son who sleeps above where the kit is has a tough time falling asleep if I'm "at it." Once he is asleep, he is not disturbed by the hitting of the pads... so, if that can give you a sense of how quite this set is..

as much as the S. SD7k was the best kit for me, i do like the response of the mesh heads and they are prob that much more quite (so if i had the $ and if my plans were "bigger" - i'm only playing around, no band or anything like that - i prob woudl have gone with mesh heads)...

if you are stapped for cash, a simmons kit might work for you (it was ~400 if i remember, used)...

best of luck...

- prime

User Info Menu

I midi trigger using a TD6 with all mesh heads. Very quiet and great stick response. Been very happy