Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Stix

User Info Menu

Default Favorite Stix

i myself prefer 5A sized drum stix, there light, but durable...what about you?!
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

Without a doubt...Regal Tip 5B nylon. They feel like an extention of me. I'm not sure where I stop & the stick begins.
    Last edited by Boo; 04-18-2006 at 10:25 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm a Vic Firth 5B guy. I also use a lighter stick for smaller jazz stuff or light volume sets. I got hooked on the Ayotte Londoners but they're hard to find anymore.

User Info Menu

Well i am curently using a pair of Pro-mark Swizel marching tenor sticks. the ones with beads on one end, and puffie on the othere. there a pain in the butt to use but, i am broke. And i also do not want to use my nice concert sitcks, or my Bret Coons.
    -Chance S.
    -I Live My Life By Psalms 150:5

User Info Menu

the cheepest pair i can find dollar98 specials
    max

User Info Menu

I use Pro-mark 5b nylon tip drumsticks.

User Info Menu

5A wood tip.....any brand....i always break the nylon tips way to fast...what can i say....im a metal head.....but i still use 5A because I also play softer stuff and it's quite hard to get musically dynamic with anything bigger than 5A
    Last edited by drummer; 04-23-2006 at 11:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    5A wood tip.....any brand....i always break the nylon tips way to fast...what can i say....im a metal head.....but i still use 5A because I also play softer stuff and it's quite hard to get musically dynamic with anything bigger than 5A
    yea utopia knows where im coming from!
    rightous
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

Why don't you just use 2 different type of sticks? Then you woudn't have to keep replacing them.

User Info Menu

how do you guys feel about brushes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baw_Drummer
    how do you guys feel about brushes?
    i feel thay have bristles

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Why don't you just use 2 different type of sticks? Then you woudn't have to keep replacing them.

Because I use dynamics in every song of every style of music I play...I can't just switch sticks in the middle of beat....

User Info Menu

Because I use dynamics in every song of every style of music I play...I can't just switch sticks in the middle of beat....
    That's cool. Have you thought about trying to make yourself get used to a larger stick? That might be the answer. You probably just need a larger shoulder than what you're using.

User Info Menu

i wonder if they have double sided sticks, a side for any occasion!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    That's cool. Have you thought about trying to make yourself get used to a larger stick? That might be the answer. You probably just need a larger shoulder than what you're using.

yeah i've tryed that...i am a pretty small person though...i'm 21 yrs old but my hands are like a ten yr olds hands...so...

User Info Menu

For hard rock & metal, I use Regal Tip Quantum 3000's, and for more jazzy/fusion, I use 5A's for more definition on the hats and ride.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I love brushes. Some "feels" require them. I practiced exclusivley with brushes for a couple of months. When I went back to sticks, I could do softer & ghosted notes that I couldn't do before. Everyone should brush up on 'em (I just couldn't resist )

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Baw_Drummer
    i wonder if they have double sided sticks, a side for any occasion!!
    They do actually. I've seen 'em.
    Just about any type of stick you can think of, they make.

User Info Menu

wow.....that's crazy....i didn't know they had those

User Info Menu

haha me neither. i could use some of those

User Info Menu

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=750287704&n=2

here ya go...your going to have to sit through the song though...the solo is in the middle...im a little embarassed, i didnt use the cymbals like how i wanted to. ah well it still sounds pretty good.

User Info Menu

im a 5a vic firth guy there reasonable value for money for practice
    but when i perform u cant go past carbo sticks (carbon fibre)

User Info Menu

5b any other size feels weird
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

promark 5a oak, cos theyr heavier for their size than the average stick wich suits me for sum reson. wen i no y il tel u...

User Info Menu

I'm really digging the Vic Firth 5B Classics right now. I still like the Zildjian 5B Anti-Vibes though.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads