Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drum Set Painting

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Set Painting

Try D ick Blicks web site, look up sparkle brite mylar coverings, it is cheap and looks great. However it looks like it would work better over existing wrap as opposed to bare shells.

User Info Menu

Play it safe and hire a professional

User Info Menu

if you're gonna do a professional job, you will need the right tools to do it. now a shop generally has connections to get these processes done for you but it does cost a bit for the process. if you decide to take it on yourself, research how to paint drum shells on youtube and other drum building websites as they are full of much needed resourceful information on these processes. some of the tools required can be expensive, and if you know anyone in the car painting business, you might ask them to help you as they know a few things about wood and paint. also ask contractors, or anyone that paints houses, boats, or does arts and crafts. someone should point you in the right direction, but in a last ditch effort, you can contact the company who designed the drum and ask them to replicate the finish, although this can take awhile..
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

im assuming its a lowend kit and the wrap is destroyed ...dont waste money trying to make a dog breakfast look like a crown jewel .

do what i did and just pain directly onto the wood....untill you can buy a real kit