Thread: need help deciding

User Info Menu

Default need help deciding

ive been playin drums for almost 3 years and i want to know if it would be a bad idia to get rock band drum because my dad says i'll lose my intrest in drums i wont to know if i will or get worce at drums if i do get them...

User Info Menu

Default Re: need help deciding

Quote Originally Posted by lilkick View Post
    ive been playin drums for almost 3 years and i want to know if it would be a bad idia to get rock band drum because my dad says i'll lose my intrest in drums i wont to know if i will or get worce at drums if i do get them...
    Well, there has been big arguments over this very topic. Try using the search function. But if you don't I will just say that I LOVE the guitar Hero games...but when I tried playing the Rock Band drum set...couldn't do it.

It's a game and nothing else. While fun, it will not improve you skills. It is great however for younger guys who may or may not have heard a lot of classic rock songs from the past and introduces them to incredible music they otherwise would never have heard.

Just my .02
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Totally agree with redheaddummer. I recently sold my Ion Drum Rocker, KD-8, cymbals etc.. simply because i got tired of RB/GH and because i get much more joy out of my acustics. It is what is...it's a game and nothing else. I played both and never had any problems going back and forth so i don't really see where it would hurt you but that's just my opinion.

User Info Menu

the thing that seperates it is they want you to play at their exact pace and exact notes of the song, which i guess grounds a person and limits what they play, which is nice for control i suppose, but its in a different way. id definitely get it cause i like video games and i like drumming, and to feel like i can play all those songs
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments