Page 11 of 234 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGoodwin View Post
    In the top left hand corner, what is that cymbal mounted on, it looks almost as if it is floating!
    it's on a chain hanging from the ceiling. i really wanted 3 cymbals but couldn't afford another stand, so i improvised.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead448 View Post
    it's on a chain hanging from the ceiling. i really wanted 3 cymbals but couldn't afford another stand, so i improvised.
    I'd be worried about hitting it too hard and beheading myself!
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I saw a request for a pix of my SCs.

Here you go...

Get those ZXTs off that set! They deserve Zildjian Ks, As, or something else nice

That is one of my favorite kits on the forum, though I like the SCs with shallower rack toms more. Just sayin'.
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

i spy saturns with my earthly eye
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGoodwin View Post
    Shaweeeeeettt, hows the Jam Block, i really want one!
    Hey, the jam block is fun to play and come up with new beats for.. About 5 years ago when I was in high school I used the jam block a lot when I played percussion for my high school musical. That was the main reason I got it at the time.

User Info Menu

this is my set up... im really enjoying my istanbul signature agop hi hats...
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

@ Bish, very nice SC's, and frggin' nice snare mate. What I would give for one of them haha

And yes, as Russ pointed out, nice Saturns.

@ Zack, what are the new Alpha's like? And the Istanbul cymbals? I've never had the pleasure of playing those.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

the A's sound so good it makes my day, i use the 18" like a crash ride sometimes... the 16" A is agressive and gives good punches...

now the istanbuls are another story... everytime i play im wearing ear muffs... and through them i here these crazy chime sounds coming through everything... and i figured out it was the hats resonating off each other, and i realized the difference between quantity minded production and a work of art... seriously the best sounding cymbals are istanbul and AGOP... made by hand, unique cymbals every one of them...

the house i got the cymbals from is a man that basically has a house full of cymbals on pro market type boom arm stands that covered the front entrance to his house and 2 walls in his living room!!! house of cymbals... all istanbul and agop... and i got the hi hats for 200 euros which was a total steal!!! score to the maximum... i dont know he can sell them for so cheap but apparently thats working for them, so thats the prices...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by metalhead448 View Post
    That's awesome....I had to do the same thing with my first kit. It lasted for a few months before I tore the anchor out.

User Info Menu

My links in my last post were evidentally unsuccessful, so I'll try again! Its definitely a work in progress getting this thing set up the way I want... but at least my drum throne is in top notch condition!

User Info Menu

Very nice Capiko! Great finish, and great cymbal set up!

BTW, did you use a machine gun, or shot gun on that throne?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tama View Post
    Get those ZXTs off that set! They deserve Zildjian Ks, As, or something else nice

That is one of my favorite kits on the forum, though I like the SCs with shallower rack toms more. Just sayin'.
    Thank you. I have them matched up with A series Zildjians now.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    i spy saturns with my earthly eye
    Why yes you do!!! SE's to be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    @ Bish, very nice SC's, and frggin' nice snare mate. What I would give for one of them haha
    Thanks, X. I do love that snare, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tama View Post

That is a beautiful kit you have Bish. I have to agree that I think it would be 10x better with a good set of high end Zildjians though

Caprika, from the angle of the third picture it looks like your cymbals would bash into each other when struck haha. Nice looking kit though, I really like all the toms.

User Info Menu

Haha, actually, they don't bash into each other at all (thankfully!) but I was worried about that as well.

I'm actually not too certain I really like this set up though... as strange as it sounds, I wish I had fewer toms/cymbals for now. I've only been playing for about a year, and having so many options is actually more of a nuisance at this point than anything else! I need to work on my skills, and having so many toms gets me all excited and distracted from my rudiments!

Pastor Bob: So you like my throne, eh? Its actually the throne I got with my first set of drums at a garage sale, and as best I can figure, the previous owner used the throne as a practice pad, and then turned it into a stabbing pad, haha!

Oh well... it works, and it'll last me until I can pick up a roc-n-soc throne!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK B View Post
    the A's sound so good it makes my day, i use the 18" like a crash ride sometimes... the 16" A is agressive and gives good punches...

now the istanbuls are another story... everytime i play im wearing ear muffs... and through them i here these crazy chime sounds coming through everything... and i figured out it was the hats resonating off each other, and i realized the difference between quantity minded production and a work of art... seriously the best sounding cymbals are istanbul and AGOP... made by hand, unique cymbals every one of them...

the house i got the cymbals from is a man that basically has a house full of cymbals on pro market type boom arm stands that covered the front entrance to his house and 2 walls in his living room!!! house of cymbals... all istanbul and agop... and i got the hi hats for 200 euros which was a total steal!!! score to the maximum... i dont know he can sell them for so cheap but apparently thats working for them, so thats the prices...
    I have some older Alpha's from the early 90's I think... I love the sound of them. I was just wondering if they sound any different now.

Istanbul do make very nice cymbals (from what I've heard on video, anyway).

@ Capriko, nice X7's. My last drum teacher had a set of those, they sounded awesome. The only things that would make your kit more epic would be the addition of another bass drum and a cowbell.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capriko218 View Post
    Pastor Bob: So you like my throne, eh? Its actually the throne I got with my first set of drums at a garage sale, and as best I can figure, the previous owner used the throne as a practice pad, and then turned it into a stabbing pad, haha!

Oh well... it works, and it'll last me until I can pick up a roc-n-soc throne!
    Capriko, you may be starting a new trend in throne design - a throne seat that breaths! Think about how much cooler your tushy must be with those air holes in the throne!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Capriko, you may be starting a new trend in throne design - a throne seat that breaths! Think about how much cooler your tushy must be with those air holes in the throne!
    Good point! I never thought about that!

User Info Menu

Great shots ZB and Capriko!!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Does this count as a bird's eye view?

Matt

User Info Menu

I tried to get more of a view from behind my kit the last time I posted it, but this is actually one of my favorite views. I really like how the light caught the cymbals.

User Info Menu

I tried to get more of a view from behind my kit the last time I posted it, but this is actually one of my favorite views. I really like how the light caught the cymbals.
    Kit looks great PB!! And you are right, light hits the pies just right!

Here is a new pic of the Dubbs...on a rack now.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Beautiful shot RHD! Just be very careful of that knee! Until I saw your toes in the pic, I would have sworn you took that shot hanging from the ceiling fan!

OK, I know this has been asked and answered before, but what is the 3rd pedal by the hi-hat? Do you have a cowbell down there, or maybe a casaba?

User Info Menu

Beautiful shot RHD! Just be very careful of that knee! Until I saw your toes in the pic, I would have sworn you took that shot hanging from the ceiling fan!

OK, I know this has been asked and answered before, but what is the 3rd pedal by the hi-hat? Do you have a cowbell down there, or maybe a casaba?
    LOL, thanks PB! Yeah, I'm tall...and then I raised the camera over my head to get everything in the picture that I could

The Dubb9K pedal is a remote hi hat system. If you look to the right you can see the KCH hats between the floor toms. I just run the cable under the kick drum to keep it out of the way.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    The Dubb9K pedal is a remote hi hat system. If you look to the right you can see the KCH hats between the floor toms. I just run the cable under the kick drum to keep it out of the way.
    Thanks RHD. I did see that on the other thread with the multiple pictures. That is an absolutely awesome set up! And yes, you certainly are tall.

User Info Menu

If I was LeBron James tall...I wouldn't need the throne!! LOL

Click for Gear Pics!