Page 126 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5835

Thread: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Post Your Bird's-Eye View/Driver's Seat Kit Pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    KO, that was before I moved to Clarksville. Here's what the Catalina kit looks like now:

SWEET!!! Nice looking kit as always PB!!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. She's definitely fun!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

KO, that was before I moved to Clarksville. Here's what the Catalina kit looks like now:
    Did you take the "last train?"

-Sorry, I could not resist.

The Cats look awesome still, btw.

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]

DW Collectors Black Ice finish

Zildjian cymbals

User Info Menu

PxT, I would move the left side crash out to the front/left of the 10" tom. Then I would move the hi-hat to the 10 o'clock in relation to the snare, with the hi-hat pedal facing you. Of course, if you are comfortable with your current set-up, who am I to judge?

Thanks for the feedback, I get what you are saying. Like everyone I guess I am used to the way I have my kit setup - for better or worse. I have been playing for less than two years, so there is probably still time to unbreak my bad setup habits.
    Tama Imperialstar + Zildjian A Customs + a dash of rock & roll

Truth Guest

I'm very ashamed of my kit now that I've seen all of these...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Truth, welcome to Drum Chat, and never be ashamed of a kit that is helping you become the drummer that you want to be. We'd think it was cool if you were playing cardboard boxes, as long as you were growing.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Did you take the "last train?"

-Sorry, I could not resist.
    I really have to learn how to play that song!

User Info Menu

Dude you should never be ashamed of your kit no matter how bad you think it is. There was a point in my life when I started all I had was a used $30 snare. Then it took months of saving to get a hihat stand but I couldn't afford the hihat cymbals. I would of thought I died and went to Heaven if I had a full kit when I started this long journey.
    Last edited by late8; 09-27-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Dude you should never be ashamed of your kit no matter how bad you think it is. There was a point in my life when I started that all I had was a used $30 snare. Then it took months of saving to get a hihat stand but I couldn't afford the hihat cymbals. I would of thought I died and went to Heaven if I had a full kit when I started this long journey.
    Ditto post a picture as we love all drums here

User Info Menu

To "Truth" and everyone: I started a pair of welding rods on a the twin bed next to mine playing to an Emerson AM night stand radio in 1964. In '65 I'd saved enough to buy a Ludwig Supraphonic snare. Some time later I got an 18" Zildian ride/crash. (still in my set) I'd sit in the basement on the arm of a couch with cardboard boxes at the rack and floor positions. Xmas of '66 my parents finaly accepted the inevitable and bestowed upon me the balance of a bop ludwig kit. That kit evolved into a double bass (Ginger Baker) set which was replaced in the early '70s by a monster Fibes set (Cobham).
    Several decades away from drumming following the end of my pro days...I'm 60 and recently bought a 7pc DW exotic Collectors kit and am getting back into it!
    In other words...No shame!!! it's a beautiful and exciting trip we all take. Keep listening, learning, and working at getting better and the gear will come if you really want it.
    Sorry if that's too many words.
    Bob

User Info Menu

Again PB, that is a stunning kit mate. I never grow tired of perving at that.
    Sometimes at night, when you're fast asleep, I sneak into your house and take my own pictures of that beauty. Mwahaha!!!
    In all honesty though, man oh man, I'd love to take that around the block a few times!!
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

My kit is worthless compared to all of the ones that you see on here, but no matter how bad it is it's still mine and I love it like it was my child One day I do hope to atleast have a half decent setup though, need to get job I think

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weebrad View Post
    My kit is worthless compared to all of the ones that you see on here, but no matter how bad it is it's still mine and I love it like it was my child One day I do hope to atleast have a half decent setup though, need to get job I think
    Hmm? Sorry, all i heard was "my kit". Any pics?

User Info Menu

Pretty sure I've commented on your kit before PB, but, damn that is a beautiful kit there.

User Info Menu

Thanks spesman and inthepkplayer, and my kit says thank you, too.

User Info Menu

Thanks spesman and inthepkplayer, and my kit says thank you, too.
    Your kit TALKS!???? Impressive!

User Info Menu

pastor bob, Hi. That Catalina set is indeed a beauty! I seriously considered, even planned on, getting Gretsch before finally choosing DW for the SSC technology and the finish choises. They are both top quality great sounding drums no doubt.
    What snare is that?
    I promise to get around to posting pics soon and become more a part of this fine forum,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Your kit TALKS!???? Impressive!
    I'm sure I mentioned that before . . . I mean, the kit would be quite ordinary without that feature.

User Info Menu

Cool setup dragon. I do have to ask, since I don't remember what it was before (hey, I'm getting old, OK? ), what have you changed on this setup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    pastor bob, Hi. That Catalina set is indeed a beauty! I seriously considered, even planned on, getting Gretsch before finally choosing DW for the SSC technology and the finish choises. They are both top quality great sounding drums no doubt.
    What snare is that?
    I promise to get around to posting pics soon and become more a part of this fine forum,
    Bob
    There are a lot of great kits out there neBob, and I'm sure you have a nice kit too. The snare is a 14X5.5 Mapex Black Panther Deep Forest Cherry. My drum teacher played one on stage one night, and I fell in love with the sound. Never thought I would ever see one for sale (you'll only find them used now), let alone be able to afford one, but I stumbled across one and hustled to get it. It's awesome. I have a few snares, but I rank this one and the Tama Warlord Masai snare that I just got as the top two. The Mapex snare has a more mellow, rounded sound, while the Tama snare cuts better, with a great bottom and top end.

User Info Menu

Well, after scoring a set of Paiste Rudes and Late8 requesting photos of my set up, here are the best pictures I could get with my cruddy phone cam.

The room I practice in is pretty much the size of my kit floorprint so I am also limited in getting to take pictures.

There is my Meinl 10" spalsh mounted to the left of my hats along with my piccolo snare but I couldn't get a decent picture.

I'll try and get a better camera and get some overhead shots when I can.
    Current Set-Up - Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Paiste Signature

Damaru - The drum of Shiva.

Hows my drumming? http://soundcloud.com/bilton-grange

Say Hi - http://www.facebook.com/biltongrangemusic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Pretty sure I've commented on your kit before PB, but, damn that is a beautiful kit there.
    stunning kit!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

Trying out some new cymbal positions. Moved my ride up, moved my china from between the toms to underneath the ride, and my 14" crash is all the way to the right, rather than where the ride cymbal is now.

Just for the record... yes, my room actually does look all smudged like that. My drumkit and my computer are the only things in my room that are in focus.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

My dw kit