Thread: Ok, Double Bass take 2

User Info Menu

Default Ok, Double Bass take 2

So last year i got a drum set and i wasn't going to spend $40 on it because it was in crap shape. This Tuesday i got a blue set of Forums, yeps, got me some pearls. However, im more interested in having a double bass with to bass, this forum has a 22" when i eyeball it, so its the same as my current.

Now to the less exciting part! I really am in dire need of two matching pedals. i have a gibraltar that is fine, but the other is the pedal that came with the forums.

let me stop here and say, this is and old set of forums, all the lugs and screws are rusted, the batter head is horrible (sounding, generic YUCK!) and i am not sure if i stripped it or not, but the arm holder for the smaller tom is well, stripped.

So back on track here, i was wondering if ANYBODY can tell me if i can take my Pearl P122TW and make it 2 singles? I tried it today and for 1, i can't get the beater off on the left(secondary) and i really don't want to spend $100-300 on new pedals. So i will put pics up if asked. and if not asked, i will just do it anyway. but help would be appreciated.

Also now that i have the forums, they are the same size as my current, but i am thinking about taking the forum snare, stripping it down of its wrap and lugs, and refinishing it anew, but that can be a different post, lmao. and if i can do the snare then you are darn right to think im going to do the whole set.

if women don't find you handsome.
    they should atleast find you handy.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ok, Double Bass take 2

User Info Menu

Hey dude. I got the exact same pedal. And im fairly sure you cant change it into two seperate pedals. Sorry :(
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

pearl has failed me yet again... and on the note of pearl pedals, i half stripped two of the screws on the right pedal board, to the left that hold the bar, yeah, so i want the DW9000 or demon drives, although i am probably not going to go expensive (or pearl) on pedals just yet, so probably just the same gibraltar i have now.

gibraltar prowler and avenger II look like some good pedals.

so i guess new topic is which ones? any ideas or suggestions of make and model?

User Info Menu

pearl is fine, just remove the second beater from the primary side and put it onto the slave side, this will take some doing but ive done it. btw pearl whoops gibraltar in pedals indefinitely, just compare any of them to the eliminators
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

yea dude. i just checked my pedal for ya. to check it out for ya.
    And i was very wrong.
    Its fairly simple mate. Just dissconnect the drive shaft, spring, attatchments and beater from the primary pedal (slave side) using a drumkey and the alun keys provided.
    Then put them on the other pedal, right side. Youll understand when you look at them.
    Hope this helps mate.
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DantheDrummer View Post
    yea dude. i just checked my pedal for ya. to check it out for ya.
    And i was very wrong.
    Its fairly simple mate. Just dissconnect the drive shaft, spring, attatchments and beater from the primary pedal (slave side) using a drumkey and the alun keys provided.
    Then put them on the other pedal, right side. Youll understand when you look at them.
    Hope this helps mate.
    yeah, i have gotten to there, but the swivel bar isnt long enough for the spring connector it looks like. im not sure, i have it apart. but my nest question is how do you get the second beater off?! i cannot for the life of me get it off, no idea how to do it.

User Info Menu

maybe check up near the bearing axle holding the bar where the beaters sit? i figure they got on there somehow, so there must be a way to remove them
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments