Thread: So I've got a last minute gig tomorrow...

User Info Menu

Default So I've got a last minute gig tomorrow...

Up here in Alaska, but the only problem is that it was set up at the last minute and wasn't advertised on the fliers (we're opening for a snowboard movie). The audience won't have expected us, but our style of music should cater well to them. What should we do as a band to get people who don't know about us to like us and get our name out? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: So I've got a last minute gig tomorrow...

Be profesional, energetic and engaging. Nothing worse than a band that stands on stage staring at thier feet. Also tell your guitar player to tune his guitar before the set, or get an inline tuner with a mute function.

User Info Menu

And if you are playing any covers, play one's people know and you play well. It's harder for people to listen to music they don't know from a band they don't know.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Call Yer Band "Ike Isley & Da Icecubes"!!!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

normally I would say, get some beer bottle openers with your band logo and website printed on em and hand em out. people throw cards and stuff away but they tend to hang on to bottle openers.

in this case, you dont have time to do all of that. I would say, find someone, preferably a smokin hot chick to go out and gather email addresses so you can add the people to your mailing list, if you dont have one, get one.

if you have anything else available, business cards, tshirts anything with your band name / website on it... give a bunch of em away at the show.

otherwise all you can do last minute is just plug your band as much as you can while you're on stage.......... "thanks for coming out , we are (instert band name)"

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Quit belly aching and just do it...no other way.
    - RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Ummmm........sound good! LOL!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

First, congrats on the gig.

Second, remember that the crowd is coming for the movie, not you. So, don't interfere with the main event by being late, running over your time, etc.

Finally, give 'em a good performance. Simple, play music they'll know, and not too loud (if they're deaf they won't enjoy the movie). If the crowd thinks you're having fun, then they'll have fun too. Wrap it up by plugging something like your next date.