Thread: Forum Rules

User Info Menu

Default Forum Rules

I've been very diplomatic about this previously but a handful of newer members are increasingly ignoring my PMs to abide by the forum rules. Be advised that from this day forward I'm just going to start banning. If you like this forum and you want to stay, you must follow the forum rules like everyone else in here. No exceptions.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Forum Rules

thats fair enough
    www.youtube.com/dannyatcranny

PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

I understand, i appreciate the work you do to keep this forum a fun and even playing field for all of us hard headed drummers ha!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Absolutely. I apologize if I started a stir today. I shall behave.
    Somebody open a window, cuz this boy is FUNKY
    Old School Mapex Funk 7 piece
    Iron Cobra, Sabian, Evans, Pro-Mark
    Currently laying down grooves for my power funk trio Off The Hook and The Sho Nuf Blues Kings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Funk-Soldier View Post
    Absolutely. I apologize if I started a stir today. I shall behave.
    You didn't start anything. But I finished it.

User Info Menu

Harsh, but a good idea.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Harsh, but a good idea.
    Agreed. If people are ignoring your PM's, then IMO they don't respect this forum like most of us do.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

What rule seems to get broken the most?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    What rule seems to get broken the most?

all the best...
    Im going to guess the "behavior rule"

drummer said hes going to start banning with no exceptions.............If I was to stop by and polish his cymbals do you think a brother could get a little lead-way?

Sorry, couldnt resist. I back drummer 100%. He is very forgiving and lets everyone get close to the line, if you get out of hand , he will send you a PM. This is where you need head his warning and change or he will make the change for you.

We are all adults or at least old enough to know the difference between right and wrong.He has this whole forum built on respect and i like how it works. Its the #1 reason why members join here.and stay. Lets keep it that way.
    Last edited by gonefishin; 11-17-2009 at 08:45 AM.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I am proud to call this forum home. I am often appaled by other forums and the content that is aloud. It has caused me to leave sites that I enjoyed. I agree 100% with this decission and am honored to belong to a community that holds true to a family freindly approach to its format. All the best. F/T

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    I am proud to call this forum home. I am often appaled by other forums and the content that is aloud. It has caused me to leave sites that I enjoyed. I agree 100% with this decission and am honored to belong to a community that holds true to a family freindly approach to its format. All the best. F/T
    Ditto
    We have a great resoarse here and must protect it

User Info Menu

Do not know what all took place but if you are PM'd by a Mod or Admion and still do not play by the rules then you are playing with your own memebership. This is a great forum and the rules are easy to follow.

User Info Menu

i think i would start to lose my patience too if i was drummer, it must be rough staying on top of every single member and then getting treated like that. but i thank you for your hard work in keeping this place fun, clean, and genuinely positive environment for all of us. lotsa respect man!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Once again, and I may be conceited by assuming it was involving my incident alone, but I sincerely apologize if my topic, responses, and general twisted humor in any way offended or added fuel to the fire. I cant help but feel somewhat responseable, and even at times almost frowned upon by other senior members (although noone has physically PM'd or alluded to that). Please understand any topic I have posted in my short time as a member here has NEVER been with any other intent than that of simple debatable subject matter, with no personal insult or harm in mind. Thanks again for a GREAT forum, and all that is required to keep it so. !
    Currently laying down grooves for my power funk trio Off The Hook and The Sho Nuf Blues Kings.

User Info Menu

Funk-Soldier, just for the record, some posts ocassionally get misunderstood, and then members have to clarify what they meant and even apologize to each other if need be. Some people like to be funny, some like to be blunt, some like to tease, but it is all about respecting each other enough to get along.

Again, just for the record, I haven't seen your posts being a problem.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Funk-Soldier, just for the record, some posts ocassionally get misunderstood, and then members have to clarify what they meant and even apologize to each other if need be. Some people like to be funny, some like to be blunt, some like to tease, but it is all about respecting each other enough to get along.

Again, just for the record, I haven't seen your posts being a problem.
    Ive been guilty of this myself. I like to have fun and mess around a lot and have apologized to members to make sure they realize Im not being malicious.

Its all about respect and excepting responsibility for your actions.

.....and Funk-Soldier, as a "senior member" I dont find you offensive, I have read some of your posts and have no problem.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I too have to occasionally swallow my pride and retract or apologize for something I've said. I think the desire to do the right thing is what keeps you out of trouble. If arrogance or pride steps in, you'll always have problems resolving issues. Humility is an important component in getting along with others.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    i think i would start to lose my patience too if i was drummer, it must be rough staying on top of every single member and then getting treated like that. but i thank you for your hard work in keeping this place fun, clean, and genuinely positive environment for all of us. lotsa respect man!
    Thank you Russ. And thanks to the other moderators that help out with this.

User Info Menu

Thanks sincerely "Ye ole Salty" veterans! I happened upon a "Blues Only" open mic night last night at a local mid-to-upscale restaurant. My singer (female) and I bellied up. Played a little Stormy Monday, Thrill is Gone, and some Susan Tedeschi. What a blast. Ok, my ADHD is kicking in, let me get back on topic. I met quite a few drummers, most of which were middle aged semi-pro or local "retired" guys. I mentioned the forum and this site, and surprisingly NONE of them had heard of it. My point is, I spoke of the wealth of knowledge here, and the diverse group of yous guys (and gals), and how the site is a breathe of fresh air in a turbulent, ever so depressing world. So, again, thanks DRUMMER for all you do, and to everyone else for just being YOU!!

p.s.- i think I just felt a tear.........
    Last edited by Funk-Soldier; 11-20-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling error