Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cussing

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cussing

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    Thanks, Tom! I really like this forum where there's no filth in here.
    I have to add though, that it is kinda silly when you can't even type the name of a famous artist without it bleeping out the letters. Why not tweak the program to recognize that there are too many letters for it to be the bad one? And also some words have legimate meanings. Kinda annoying!

You know the artist I mean?....He sang..."You're so Beautiful"

all the best...

User Info Menu

To save Tom some money, it's in the software, as he said. I do agree that it's ridiculous when it's in a name.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

But when you cuss it makes pretty stars!!

Don't swear you'll spoil my childhood..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fredr View Post
    Don't swear you'll spoil my childhood..
    Exactly right, and mine too!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Me 3!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

PearlDrummer18 Guest

Personally i could do without all the curseing. I read enough of that on other forums. This is why this is my #1 drum forum...there is no curseing, everybody is mature and polite and always helps out a fellow drummer in need of advice. I'm not trying to kiss butt or anything but as far as i'm concernd this is the best drum forum on the internet period. Just my two cents.

User Info Menu

Ya, I agree. Cursing is bad. We all know it, we shouldn't do it.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Cussing

I have often heard it said that those who cuss can't think of any other way to express their feelings...

Think of the Smurfs (although some of you would rather not!) -- everything to them was "smurfy" or "smurfing" or something like that. It always reminds me of people who use other words we can't use in this forum in much the same way.

I've turned the air blue on many occasions (and most definitely in private one-on-one with someone who isn't offended by it), but remember that DrumChatters are men, women, boys and girls from all around the world. Even if you could, would you want to make a bad first impression by using all the four-, seven- and twelve-letter words George Carlin couldn't get away with? Of course not!

Something else to keep in mind: Would you say something like that in front of your mother? I guarantee if I had been a potty-mouth in front of MY mom, I would be still coughing up Ivory bubbles even today!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Angry Re: Cussing

good soap bubbles post BB, some useful info right there.

cussing should be, and is zero tolerance here, just read the rules and regulations. its not much to ask to keep it clean here, being as there are so many other places that people can go to use whatever kind of language the want. as admin and moderators always say : this is a clean family friendly site that everyone should be able to enjoy. the youngsters that think they are cool because they use fowl language can take it elsewhere, i wont tolerate it and neither should anyone else.

this is very important to the music community because it allows the younger crowd to be in contact with drummers and bands that could really use their support, helpful comments, and knowledge.

just do whats right, we all have to obey the rules and keep it clean. nobody that ive met has any special privileges here.
    Last edited by DamageDrummer; 06-19-2009 at 08:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDrummer18 View Post
    Personally i could do without all the curseing. I read enough of that on other forums. This is why this is my #1 drum forum...there is no curseing, everybody is mature and polite and always helps out a fellow drummer in need of advice. I'm not trying to kiss butt or anything but as far as i'm concernd this is the best drum forum on the internet period. Just my two cents.
    brown nose

-Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    brown nose
    LOL

User Info Menu

Personally i could do without all the curseing. I read enough of that on other forums. This is why this is my #1 drum forum...there is no curseing, everybody is mature and polite and always helps out a fellow drummer in need of advice.
    Refreshing isn't it? I love this place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    brown nose

-Les

He hasnt been here long enough to realize that aint gonna get him a Drum Chat t-shirt .

We already tried that............
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    Curses! Foiled again!
    ROFLM*O!

That's too funny, Charly.

In all honesty, I like the safety of DC. You don't have to worry about what you may run into... unless it's a vid of another member who's way better than you and makes your flamadiddles look like random tapping.... LOL!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

[...]everybody is mature[...]
    PearlDrummer, you take that back! I've never been accused of being mature, and I'm not about to let you start.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    ROFLM*O!

That's too funny, Charly.

In all honesty, I like the safety of DC. You don't have to worry about what you may run into... unless it's a vid of another member who's way better than you and makes your flamadiddles look like random tapping.... LOL!
    wait....... this is a thread about CUSSING and you're CUSSING on it!!! *shame on you *
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Cussing

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    PearlDrummer, you take that back! I've never been accused of being mature, and I'm not about to let you start.
    I always heard it said you could either be mature or you could be a drummer...but you couldn't be BOTH!!!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

lol good one.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

I was on the shout box talking about a guy whose name is the abrieviation of richard and it starred it out first time I had seen it.. I almost fell out of my chair I laughed so loud....

User Info Menu

bump

FYI: Abbreviations of cuss words are still considered cuss words in here. I'm seeing more and more of it. Please refrain from using any cuss words, abbreviated, partially-starred or otherwise.

User Info Menu

I've never understood the need for cussing in an online forum. It's one thing when it pops out of your mouth in a spoken conversation - for many people, it's part of our every-day vernacular so it's almost as automatic as speaking itself. The typed word, however, takes more thought, and if the only thing a person can come up with to express themselves is a cuss word, they probably should go buy a dictionary and a thesaurus. My opinion of course.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Actually I use cussing words or their abbreviations in many forums, to me, they represent my state of mind...

These icons are as bad as cussing, they represent the same state of mind but instead reading it, you see it. IMO they should be remove from the available smilies in this forum.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

Member: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion army...

AND I CONFESS I'M A DRUMGEAR-A-HOLIC

User Info Menu

Actually I use cursing words or their abbreviations in many forums, to me, they represent my state of mind...

These icons are as bad as cursing, they represent the same state of mind but instead reading it, you see it. IMO they should be remove from the available smilies in this forum.
    Last edited by mind_drummer; 08-29-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mind_drummer View Post
    Actually I use cussing words or their abbreviations in many forums, to me, they represent my state of mind...

These icons are as bad as cussing, they represent the same state of mind but instead reading it, you see it. IMO they should be remove from the available smilies in this forum.
    Really? Are you serious about that? How does a wordless smilley represent your state of mind that you attempt to express with a blotted out curse word?
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Really? Are you serious about that? How does a wordless smilley represent your state of mind that you attempt to express with a blotted out curse word?

Yep
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: