Thread: My band - No Longer Bandits

User Info Menu

Default My band - No Longer Bandits

Hi there, it's good to finally have found a place to talk about what I love best, with like-minded people!
    I thought that this would be the best place to start, kind of like an introduction of sorts.
    My band is called No Longer Bandits. We're a group of best friends who all happen to play a different instrument. We first started gigging together aged 13 or so, but only recently have we started to take it seriously. We have taken a year off school in order to further our musical aims, and are currently taking interest in a number of London promoters.
    The tracks we have up at the moment aren't very well recorded or produced; we did it all ourselves at school so don't judge it too harshly!
    We are currently recording new material in London, in a studio which apparently was where Pink Floyd's Off The Wall was recorded!
    I'd be grateful if you could just give some constructive criticism on both the drumming and the songs in general.
    I would personally recommend Don't Delay, Tremendom and Screech.
    Thanks!
    www.myspace.com/nolongerbandits
    www.nolongerbandits.co.uk
    Last edited by NoLongerJamie; 11-28-2009 at 08:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My band - No Longer Bandits

Hey , NoLonger, Ill have to check out the clips from my home PC. Im restricted here at work from those sights. Welcome to DC. BTW, Let me know where I can get a copy of this Pink Floyd's "Off The Wall" album. Must of been a B side I missed,.............
    Somebody open a window, cuz this boy is FUNKY
    Old School Mapex Funk 7 piece
    Iron Cobra, Sabian, Evans, Pro-Mark
    Currently laying down grooves for my power funk trio Off The Hook and The Sho Nuf Blues Kings.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat NoLongerJaime!
    The music sounds great! You guys are very talented! The drumming is energetic, driving, and fits the music well. The vocals are good, and could be made even better by tightening up the harmonies just a bit, although I know that will simply get better with time.

All the best to you as you pursue your goals!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Larrysperf Guest

I like your sound and your singer has a killer voice. I think you will do well IMHO

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments people, I've just realised that the album was called "The Wall" and not off the wall, I'm an idiot xD.
    Harmonies are one of our top priorities in terms of working on them, thanks for the criticism it's always appreciated!

User Info Menu

Sounded great man! I agree with PB and Larry, you guys seem very talented. My favorite was TREMENDOM.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Although it's not really my style of music... you guys sounded really tight! Enjoyed your drumming as well. I'll give you a 2 thumbs up!
    DW Collector's Series ~ Zildjian cymbals

User Info Menu

I like your drumming it's even recorded in stereo!

Nice work