Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: groove juice

User Info Menu

Default Re: groove juice

Quote Originally Posted by SladeGT40 View Post
    honestly, i've worked with all available cymbal cleaners from my local music store (as i used to work there) and the results were so-so with all of them. as far as the debate goes for to clean or not to clean. i vote not to clean. if you hate finger prints or anything on your cymbals you shouldn't grab them :P. i think there isn't so much a tonal difference between dirty and clean, but i prefer the look of a well aged and well used cymbal as opposed to shiny and "never played" looking.

just my .02
    Welcome to Drumchat SladeGT40 great to have you here! I have been lazy at times and have gone without cleaning my cymbals for what seems like months. I do agree with you on the visual effectiveness of the look of a well weathered cymbal but as far as "shouldn't be grabbing them". may be a little overstated or just a bit of sarcasim? . Cymbal choke techniques are used as "stacatto" (sp?) accents within a piece of music and it can not be performed without grabbing the cymbal and choking the sustain in syncopated rhythmnic patterns (i.e the breaks in the oldie Johhny B Goode"). I wish I could keep my grubby prints off of my pride and joys but I 'd end up cleaning after nearly every practice .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    And cleans his hockey equipment even less so he has to sit in corner all by himself. lol
    Oh yah Larry, that's my secret weapon against my opponents, my smell!
    Nobody comes near me!

User Info Menu

lol........ must be a goalie, ive never met a goalie who's equipment doesnt stink...lol

User Info Menu

Bringing this thread back from the dead....

I bought some groove juice and it did a very nice job. Follow the directions... spray on. wait 30 seconds, rinse with warm water and towel dry. Doesn't get better than that.

My cymbals are old... 20 years plus, so I still have some stick marks on them that will need more than a spray treatment to remove, but overall I'm happy with the juice.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

i havent used groove juice, but as was mentioned before the stuff isnt good for zbts. i used windex to clean them and that was good for the zbts. i also used wd40 on a cheap cymbal. not smart, when used in conjuntion with nail polish remover (this was when i was f isrt started playing). it left this weird square (rhombus?) of where the chemicals had mixed. kinda freaky actually, but ive found that goo be gone works as a cymbal cleaner (experimented witha 7 dollar cb splash. lol)
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

I got so frustrated trying to clean cymbals, I went to rubber! I now use Armour All.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
    I got so frustrated trying to clean cymbals, I went to rubber! I now use Armour All.
    Um.... Did you go e-kit on us?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

si, but it was more because I need more time to practice than a bit on weekends, than cleaning cymbals! I can practice whenever now!!!
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

Gotta stay with the juice, man. Spray it on, leave for about a minute, rinse off with warm water, towel dry. Don't towel the logo area, let it dry by itself. Only problem with the juice, it takes of your logo's over time.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Groove Juice is perfect for the lazy amongst us, as there is no elbow grease required. Spray-on, wait, rinse-off. I do all of this in my bathtub with a few large towels waiting for dry-off time. I have had mixed results with the labels, however. I had one A Custom that I cleaned 6 or 7 times before the label started to chip a bit. I had to actually use a bit of force with a nylon brush to get it all off. Another, much newer A Custom had the entire label come off in chunks the first time I cleaned it, which leads me to believe Zildjian's labeling process has either changed or is not consistent at all. It's hard to avoid the labeled area, as this is a spray. Also note that there is citric acid in this stuff, so you will need to have ventilation (outdoors or a bathroom fan going) and rubber kitchen gloves at the least. I would recommend glasses as well.