Thread: Pearl long lugs

User Info Menu

Question Pearl long lugs

Hey all, thanks for looking, and posting if you can help me. I need five or six replacement lugs for an older Pearl kit. These are late 80s to early 90s, 7 1/2in lugs, with 4 mounting screws. The holes are about 1 5/8in apart at each end, and 1/4in from th end of the lug to the first hole. There is a line on top at each end thats about 1 1/4in long. Ive checked w/ Pearl, and all the usual drum parts houses. Also been striking out on Ebay. Obviously I expect to pay for these, but donations are gladly accepted. I am also willing to consider a swap. Any help for the new guy will be greatly appreciated. manicdrumdude@yahoo.com if you want to reach me directly.

User Info Menu

are the lugs 2 piece and part plastic? or are the all metal? if they are all metal then you prolly have yourself a maple or birch early masters kit from 85-94. this would be mlx for the all maple and blx for the all birch. if they are 2 pc. with the middle made of plastic then it is an older export.
    either way replacements will be next to impossible to find. i have been looing for a set of bass drum lugs for a couple of years to build a matching 22" for my kit.

User Info Menu

Hey funky, these are all metal one piece lugs. All birch shells, with a beautiful blue lacquer finish. The badges say all birch and not blx. I'm not a Pearl guy, but this is a sweet kit. 10x10, 10x12,11x13, 14x15, 15x16, and two 16x24 kicks. Now that I'm 40+ I finally got that hair metal kit I always wanted... They will be for sale soon, if anyones interested...

User Info Menu

PM sent...lol
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I thought I'd give some more specs on the kit, since I mentioned I might want to sell them. Hope this is ok for this forum. All five toms have holes where a Pearl tom mount bracket could go. They also all have the Pearl plate thing covering the mount holes. The 15 & 16 toms also have heavy duty Pearl floor tom leg mounts on them. The three small toms have optimounts. They are about an 8 to 8.5 appearance wise, with a few small scratches. A little bit of chipping on the bass hoops, which are also blue lacquer. One of them is not quite a perfect match, the others are real close. All the bass claws and T-rods match, and I think are original. Both bass batter hoops have the metal area where the pedals attach. I recently saw a red bass drum this size and era go for $250 by itself. I'm thinking in the $900-1000 range, plus shipping or delivery. Not sure when or how I will sell them.

User Info Menu

i have the maple version of your drums. your finish is called sheer blue. the name of the series is blx (maple = mlx) they are basically the same drums as the modern birch masters studio line. 6 ply 7mm shells. only dif. is the hoops and lugs. if you ever want to sell one of those 24" kicks let me know.

User Info Menu

I think Ive seen your kit on here, so I gotta ask "where would you put it?"

User Info Menu

I think you can buy individual ones, on like www.drummaker.com

But I dont think they are pearl.

Should still work though.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i would use it seperatly, when i need something bigger than my 20x16. for bigger rooms and for recording. the pic where i have 2 kicks is really just for the photo shoot. i usually use the 20" on a 7 pc. and take the 18" for jazz and accoustic gigs. i want the 24" or 26" when i want a bonhamish type setup.
    a bigger kick is really all im missing to have the perfect drum for every situation.
    and btw, new masters 2 pc. lugs have the same spacing for the holes but your drums will be a dif color where the old 1 pc lug was.

User Info Menu

Hey funky, I will keep you in mind if/when I decide to move these. Still debating keeping them. Boy are thy fun to play.... I can appreciate your "perfect drum for the moment," thoughts. I way over-think what to use sometimes. I'm sure you don't do that, lol. Thanks for the masters lug tip. This one shell, the fade is minimal, but you can see it. I'd have to do the whole kit, so I'm still hoping for a miracle... Amp, I just looked at drummaker.com, and they don't have anything like this that I can find. I do appreciate the thought, tho.

User Info Menu

My E and a few other letters are sticking some. I really can spell....