Thread: Mapex Falcon Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Falcon Pedal

Just got an email today from Mapex talking about their new pedal, "The Falcon" which is debuting at 2010 Winter NAMM and will be available by February.

What do you guys think? I don't think it's competing with Axis, Trick, or the Demon Drive pedal. It seems more like it's going up against Tama Iron Cobra due to price and features. I'm interested in what everyone else thinks

P.S. Does anyone else have the urge to yell, "FALCON PUNCH!!"?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Falcon Pedal

hmm, seems really similar to their previous pedals. i dont like the footboard shape, but the pedals do appear to be rather dectnly fast for a dual chain pedal. ill have to test it though. would you mind copying part of the email/features here?
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardrockalternative View Post
    just got an email today from mapex talking about their new pedal, "the falcon" which is debuting at 2010 winter namm and will be available by february.

Here's the link for more information if you want to sit through an 11 minute movie. http://www.falconpedal.com/

what do you guys think? I don't think it's competing with axis, trick, or the demon drive pedal. It seems more like it's going up against tama iron cobra due to price and features. I'm interested in what everyone else thinks

p.s. Does anyone else have the urge to yell, "falcon punch!!"?
    falconn punch!!
    - Zack

User Info Menu

*Let's not go there Russ. Unless I am misunderstanding, this could be interpreted as offensive to our female drummers - PB*
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thats disgusting.

User Info Menu

Mapex has announced the release of its all-new Falcon Bass Drum Pedals. The Falcon Single Pedal (P1000) and the Falcon Double Pedal (P1000TW) are completely new designs from Mapex and both models are designed to be the smoothest-playing pedals ever made.

The Falcon’s exclusive hollow inox steel drive shaft offers the utmost in strength without adding unwanted drag or excess weight. This increases the smooth operation of the pedal and gives Falcon a sensationally smooth feel. By allowing the torque-free spring mechanism to move independently the Falcon’s stroke and recoil motions are exceptionally smooth and feel more natural to the foot.

“Every feature and adjustment has been engineered to make Falcon feel as if it’s an extension of your foot,” said Joe Hibbs, R&D Manager at Mapex USA. “Every artist that has tested this pedal has been able to fine tune it to their liking within minutes — right out of the box. Falcon is a pedal for the people. This is a pedal that can satisfy virtually every drummer.”

Because the Falcon’s footprint is more compact than other bass drum pedals, it’s easy to comfortably position between the hi-hat and snare stands. The Falcon’s easy-to-reach, resistance-free Talon™ clamp adjustment can be tightened with one hand from a seated position, making set-up quick and easy, even in the tightest spaces.

The Falcon’s patented Talon™ bass drum hoop clamp features locking claws that move independently from the pedal frame. Even if the bass drum is pitched at a severe angle, the pedal remains flat to the floor and securely clamped to the drum for the utmost comfort and security.

The Falcon is equipped with interchangeable cams to suit each player’s individual style. The “Glide” cam offers an equal amount of inertia from the beginning to the end of the stroke, while the “Pursuit” cam is recommended for increased power and maximum impact. The reversible beater head comes with interchangeable 10 gram and 20 gram inserts. By choosing one of these weights (or playing without any additional weight at all) the player can choose the desired degree of centrifugal force.

The Falcon’s footboard design provides the feel of a longer board without the additional weight and mass. A lighter footboard provides greater control with less fatigue and its uniquely sculpted profile allows the players to position his foot at any angle and operate the pedal with minimal expended energy, making even the most intricate patterns seem effortless.

The footboard angle and beater angle are independently adjustable, enabling the player to fine-tune the ideal combination of playing comfort and force of stroke. The footboard and heel plate are hinged using an exclusive sealed bearing mechanism that offers zero resistance and secure operation with no lateral movement.

The MSRP for the Falcon Single Pedal is $329.00 The Falcon Double Pedal carries an MSRP of $649.00. Both will be introduced to dealers at the 2010 Winter NAMM show.

User Info Menu

Anyone know any more about this? Was any one here lucky enough to be on the floor at NAMM? I just checked Mapex's site and Falcon Pedal got the best in show.

User Info Menu

really? Nope not me, i really want to go to NAMM next year, that sounds like a ton of fun!
    www.fadesaway.com

Matt...
    Fades Away

Forever I am Forgiven, and Forever, I will Rejoice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fades Away View Post
    really? Nope not me, i really want to go to NAMM next year, that sounds like a ton of fun!
    I can't think of something I wouldn't do for a VIP pass to NAMM.

User Info Menu

- Zack

User Info Menu

Here is my foot on the strap drive version. Smooth, quiet, tight (not sloppy), more adjustable than my DW 5000. Priced right! Yeah, I am getting 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

that is awesome!

User Info Menu

Just looked into these. If they are good enough for Chris Pennie, they are good enough for me
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

i just got the single pedal very nice better then what i thought it was going to be for the price reviews later when i play with it for a moth or 2

User Info Menu

I test drove one of these recently actually when I was shopping for pedals - good, but didn't have the versatility, or quite the best left foot action IMO. But I would definately rate them as good as Iron Cobra's and DW pedals on a side-by-side comparison.

Just FYI - I ended up chooisng the demon drive Eliminators from Pearl and WOW is all I can say.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Im gonna get the Falcon double pedal for sure. Its burly without feeling like you have your feet on two skate boards.
    Last edited by Homeularis; 08-01-2010 at 07:34 PM.