Thread: Mapex Gold Lugs?

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Gold Lugs?

Hey guys I FINALLY got my Mapex Brass Master snare in with gold hardware; minus two lugs. The sound is fine but two of the gold lugs have been replaced with silver ones. It's not a big deal but I'd like to get the gold ones back. Any ideas? Also, It's got a good amount of wear showing, what would you guys suggest to use on brass snare to help delicately buff it up? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Gold Lugs?

You can get brass buffing wheels that attatch to a drill at a hardware store for a few bucks. Just be sure to read the packages and get the correct one for brass. Brass is a soft metal and can scratch very easily, so you don't want to use anything too abrasive. As for the lugs, I'd check with Mapex to see if they offer replacements, if not I'm sure they can direct you towards a dealer who does.

User Info Menu

Thanks GH, I found that Mapex offers replacement sets of lugs that supposedly fit on Orion and Saturn bass drums. Think they're all universal? Would they work?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cole1paul View Post
    Thanks GH, I found that Mapex offers replacement sets of lugs that supposedly fit on Orion and Saturn bass drums. Think they're all universal? Would they work?
    There's a good chance they are all the same size, but you may want to find out the hole spacing first just to be sure they will fit.