Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which e kit is the best?

User Info Menu

Default Re: which e kit is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    You actually have that backwards.....the DTXplorer limits you on inputs (to what pads came with kit), the DTXpress allows you to split inputs (dual zone to single) on toms (for adding extra voices/sounds), the DTXtreme has the most inputs on the market (of any brand)....16 inputs (1 of those is for hihat control) and all of them but one are multi zone (dual &/or triple zone)...so you can split some of those up if you so desire (to add even more sounds/voices)....the one zone that's not...is actually splittable also for double bass/kick drums....with 16 inputs (nothing split) you can build a setup like this....

Nice looking kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    If you must have mesh....then you're pretty much limited to roland, hart, pintech and the original DTXtreme RHP if you can find one (it didn't come w/ mesh..came with real heads originally....but you can convert it to mesh...that's what I have and did)....I've owned both major brands (roland and yamaha) and personally I prefer the drum sounds of yamaha modules (a little more realistic IMO)...especially the DTXtreme III module....also what are you looking to spend..cause that may limit your choices...
    Not true actually there are smaller custom companys like Jobeky and Diamond
    but they are kinda expensive annd you dont get a module with either of these companys, all modules sold seperatly, however this gives you free roam with wat module u want
    Finally i am back in the drum club i get a new set soon because i was nice and gave my last one away to a church in need

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Josh-Roland-TD3 View Post
    Not true actually there are smaller custom companys like Jobeky and Diamond
    but they are kinda expensive annd you dont get a module with either of these companys, all modules sold seperatly, however this gives you free roam with wat module u want
    I know about them and that's why I said "pretty much limited to"..and not "only limited to"...I just touched on what I considered were the big ones...there's also even smaller ma&pa types...such as Knipe....and I'm sure others...just didn't want to turn a small post into a short novel

User Info Menu

Jobeky and Diamond are definitely not "kinda expensive". If you live in Europe, they are probably the best bang for your buck pads made by *anybody*.

If you live here in the States, they are still cheaper than comporable Roland pads and about the same as Harts.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse

User Info Menu

I know this post is old, but I am seeing it for the first time. I have my e kit so realistic that no one knows its not until I show up with an amp. Even then.... Sometimes people think I am carrying someone else's equipment.
    But I have a Mapex Meridian Maple Acoustic set with pearl tru trac heads. I have that on a Gibraltar drum rack and hide all the wires underneath the legs of the stand. I drilled grommet holes in the rack to do it. I have Field Electronic cymbals (which are hand hammered and real sizes) I bought them because they were the most real considering that they are real. And attached comes the real price) there is nothing cheap on my kit. When I bought it the drums were 900$ the tru tracs and module were 1200$ the cymbals were 1400$ I also have Ezdrummer 2.0 and my laptop hooked to it so it sounds realistic. The question I get most is why didn't you just buy a real kit? It is a real kit ... All I have to do is change the heads.
    I play it whenever I want and NO ONE complains. I also have 30 different kits all in one if you include ezdrummer and the kits in the module. I don't use the stock kits. They sound to fake for my fake kit. Lol.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laurdess View Post
    I know this post is old, but I am seeing it for the first time. I have my e kit so realistic that no one knows its not until I show up with an amp. Even then.... Sometimes people think I am carrying someone else's equipment.
    But I have a Mapex Meridian Maple Acoustic set with pearl tru trac heads. I have that on a Gibraltar drum rack and hide all the wires underneath the legs of the stand. I drilled grommet holes in the rack to do it. I have Field Electronic cymbals (which are hand hammered and real sizes) I bought them because they were the most real considering that they are real. And attached comes the real price) there is nothing cheap on my kit. When I bought it the drums were 900$ the tru tracs and module were 1200$ the cymbals were 1400$ I also have Ezdrummer 2.0 and my laptop hooked to it so it sounds realistic. The question I get most is why didn't you just buy a real kit? It is a real kit ... All I have to do is change the heads.
    I play it whenever I want and NO ONE complains. I also have 30 different kits all in one if you include ezdrummer and the kits in the module. I don't use the stock kits. They sound to fake for my fake kit. Lol.
    Welcome to DC!

Let's see the pics

User Info Menu

Damn Late, is someone trying to replicate the bozzio kit? I think you could do 2 octaves easily there...a bit of a waste in my opinion...
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laurdess View Post
    I know this post is old, but I am seeing it for the first time. I have my e kit so realistic that no one knows its not until I show up with an amp.
    The conversion is IMO the best kit.

I built did my first one a couple years ago and just started building another more gig friendly kit with no racking to haul/set up.

Studio kit.

Newest gig kit, under construction. Under $100 for the off brand kit and $40 per drum for the triggers/heads/hardware.