Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Pic thread

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Random Pic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Have you been pinching our huntsmans again?

LOL, yes...I'd hate to wake up in the morning and see a few legs peeping from behind my clock...eeeeek!

User Info Menu

That spider picture is creeping me out. I HATE spiders haha!
    Here is my random picture, this is what I'm doing!... on DC!
    Last edited by ChrisDrumsSSD; 09-11-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    6 piece Pearl Export Series Gloss Black
    10x8
    12x10
    13x11
    16x16
    6" Zil-Bell
    14" Zildjian A Custom hats
    18" Sabian AAX Xplosion Crash
    17" Soultone Extreme Crash
    16" Zildjian A Custom Crash
    20" Sabian AAX Omni Ride
    18" Sabian AA Metal-X China
    Not on my kit:
    12" Zildjian Oriental Trash China
    18"Zildjian A Custom Crash
    10" Zildjian ZBT Splash
    (Hardware)
    Tama SpeedCobra Double Pedals
    Remo Pinstripe over Remo Ambassador
    Vater 5B
    Pork Pie Throne

User Info Menu

great phot chris!

Clyde enjoying a beer!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The green and the blue in this spiral is the same color.

"The reason why we are perceiving one colour as different colours is because of the other colours surrounding the stripes. Each eye has six to seven million cones, which are concentrated in a central yellow spot known as the macula.These cones measure colour in different wavelengths, overlapping in some of them. Our brain then compares those signals in an antagonistic manner, measuring differences in wavelengths between them. When some colours are combined, the brain can’t process the info from the cones correctly and we simply get confused."
    Awesome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VI952 View Post
    The green and the blue in this spiral is the same color.

"The reason why we are perceiving one colour as different colours is because of the other colours surrounding the stripes. Each eye has six to seven million cones, which are concentrated in a central yellow spot known as the macula.These cones measure colour in different wavelengths, overlapping in some of them. Our brain then compares those signals in an antagonistic manner, measuring differences in wavelengths between them. When some colours are combined, the brain can’t process the info from the cones correctly and we simply get confused."
    Awesome.
    Ok - I simply didn't not believe any of that, so I downloaded the picture, opened it in Photoshop, and sampled both areas. Of course, I was wrong. Both areas are:
    this color

I then zoomed way in and desaturated the pink and orange stripes in between and cropped in close:

I can never trust my eyes again

Olimpass - that was uncalled for. I actually like spiders, just not horrific giant mutant ones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Olimpass - that was uncalled for. I actually like spiders, just not horrific giant mutant ones.
    LOL, I like spiders too. All 8 legs and their 8 little eyes and two body segments too.....I don't think that thing is alive anyway...lol. It looks like it has wire wrapped around it. It's supposed to be a Camel Spider.

dave0549jv Guest

spiders is tha debil.

User Info Menu

a way to save on toilet paper

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

expensive poo!
    If you are going through hell...keep going!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

One of the dishes served for dinner last week when I was in China.

Pigeon

Last edited by DrummerD; 09-20-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Kererū in a Kowhai tree
    Last edited by xweasel; 09-24-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

- Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Remind me to NEVER go to Australia. That is seriously scary.
    Huntsmans....might give ya a bite of a nasty bite when you frighten them, but not deadly.

THIS is want you don't want.....

The Funnel-Web Spider (Atrax Robustus)

I guess that's Shane running off in the distance (strains ear to hear "Drumbledooooooooorrrre!" in the background.....)

About a decade and a bit ago, back in the days when I was still driving my 1979 Datsun Sunny 180B, I was best man at my mate's wedding, where the reception and after party accomodation was up in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Had a a great time, was saying bye to people and all that, went to open up the (left) passenger side door, but I peered inside the window first. Good job I did....one of these was sitting right there on the seat! (What it'd think I was? A bloody taxi service? Lol) Well, after a slight bit of freaking out (as in.....winning the "running-like-a-girl" man competition of that week :P) and being given a huge insect spray can, a HAZMAT suit and a flame thrower (.....okay....so I lied abot the HAZMAT suit.....and the flame thrower....but you can always improvise a flame thrower with a spray-can and a long matchstick, boys and girls, very good anti-arachnid defence I can attest)....anyway, must have roach-bombed the kerr-rapp outta the poor old Datto to get rid of that unwelcome guest. Next time I'm there, I'll shrink wrap plastic all over the damn car....see if they can get into that! Hah!!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I think the 8 limbed thing just appeals to drummers...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    classic!!!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Huntsmans....might give ya a bite of a nasty bite when you frighten them, but not deadly.

THIS is want you don't want.....

The Funnel-Web Spider (Atrax Robustus)
    Luckily we only have one native ultra-insane spider, the endangered Katipo:

They're closely related to the Aussie Redback (which we also have here). As you can see, they look very similar. But you can only find them on beaches. I've personally never stumbled across one (luckily). Even though NZ is just across the ditch from Aussie, I feel extremely lucky that we don't have snakes, tons of ultra-insane spiders, dangerous lizards...
    Last edited by xweasel; 09-24-2011 at 10:25 PM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

- Zack

User Info Menu

We need a disgusting bug thread so I can never visit it and not have nightmares about this one...
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    All I can say is "DUDE!!!"

User Info Menu

I guess that's Shane running off in the distance (strains ear to hear "Drumbledooooooooorrrre!" in the background.....)

About a decade and a bit ago, back in the days when I was still driving my 1979 Datsun Sunny 180B, I was best man at my mate's wedding, where the reception and after party accomodation was up in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Had a a great time, was saying bye to people and all that, went to open up the (left) passenger side door, but I peered inside the window first. Good job I did....one of these was sitting right there on the seat! (What it'd think I was? A bloody taxi service? Lol) Well, after a slight bit of freaking out (as in.....winning the "running-like-a-girl" man competition of that week :P) and being given a huge insect spray can, a HAZMAT suit and a flame thrower (.....okay....so I lied abot the HAZMAT suit.....and the flame thrower....but you can always improvise a flame thrower with a spray-can and a long matchstick, boys and girls, very good anti-arachnid defence I can attest)....anyway, must have roach-bombed the kerr-rapp outta the poor old Datto to get rid of that unwelcome guest. Next time I'm there, I'll shrink wrap plastic all over the damn car....see if they can get into that! Hah!!
    Drumbledore =

I thought I liked spiders, but it was just the harmless little ones found in Ohio in the U.S., which is probably the safest place on the planet when it concerns wildlife. I am far more worried about an undiscovered tick than anything else around here (drunk rednecks aside).

The scariest creature in Ohio...

...or maybe it's this...

User Info Menu