Thread: The Korg Wavedrum

User Info Menu

Default The Korg Wavedrum

i've been looking at this thing lately and looks amazing and very fun... personally i want one when i can muster the money. what do you all think?

although it is an electronic drum, reviews and videos are showing that it is basically electronic "turning organic"- it feels, sounds, responds just like a real drum.

The sounds seem amazing- there are tons of real instruments including the regular instruments a drummer would need and tons of different world/exotic instruments, and then there are melodic instruments, effects, and more.

The thing uses a real drumhead, responds to sticks, hands, mallets, and brushes, and you can hit the head or the rim for many differrent sounds. There's even a pressure sensor to change pitch or add effects.

Not only that but you can edit it all. This thing looks amazing and so fun to play, as well as useful and extremely realistic just like a real instrument

so what do you all think?
    ~Pearl, Zildjian, Hammerax, Remo, Vic Firth, LP, Pulse~

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Korg Wavedrum

It's a cool little gadget. Will I be getting one? No. I have my DTXPlorer to enjoy and although its not the same concept, I just don't have in interest in getting one. If you get one, definitely do a review for us!

-Ben
    Yamaha DTXplorer.
    YAMAHA-VIC FIRTH-AGAZARIAN-SOUND PERCUSSION

User Info Menu

Played one at GC. Very, very cool (and that's considering all the untrained hands that had already tweaked all the settings!). I like that you can use hands or sticks. It really has a lot of flexibility. The sounds are top notch from what I heard.

User Info Menu

I had one but returned it because it was so damn loud. meaning the thud of hitting the head was obnoxious to me.