Thread: TTi (new song) We don't suck anymore lol

User Info Menu

Default TTi (new song) We don't suck anymore lol

OK

So my band The Torpedo Identity, has a new demo being recorded at the moment, I will keep you guys informed and such with all the new songs, but we finished recording one today. It's called "Redsound", and the album name is "Hardcore Like Nixon."

Let me know what you all think.

www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity

its like alternative rock music.

amp
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

not my cup o' joe. guitar is kinda sloppy
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Well you can tell you're a young band but the drums/guitar seems to jive. Also you might get your singer to work on where his notes hit in conjunction with your drums/guitar, its a little off ya know, almost sounds rushed, like hes trying to pack in too many words in his lines, he could work on putting more energy into it.

Btw whoever is singing REDSOUND towards the end in the background who shouts a bit, he should be your lead singer, his voice is way! better, his voice and the way he sings is just way the hell better, i dont think you'll be going places with your singer now.. hopefully you're not the lead singer lol if so sorry bud.

Overall not bad though i can see if you guys practice more and work out some bugs you'd have it totally, overall i like the music/lyrics/drums way better than the singing.
    Last edited by Circa; 03-24-2007 at 10:07 PM.

User Info Menu

I like the style, the songs different form your other stuff. But alot of the transitions were sloppy.

User Info Menu

Sloppy in places, but you guys got serious potential! Pretty much what Circa said, but I am totally ready to hear some more.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

ya no it's not me who sings, but the guy who does sing was much better than the last guy. And he just started trying to sing the song yesterday when we recorded. I think he has a lot of potential so he just needs to take some lesssons. Which he is willing to do at cuz the other one wasnt.

Ill keep you posted on more songs when they come along.

Any more suggestions/comments?
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Uhhhhhhhhhhh................well I'm fresh out of tips.
    Hm, maybe turn everything up? Make it all louder...that would be nice, I guess.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Sounded good, the vocals were a little off key though. Besides that, the drumming sounded decent. Also the guitar transition and overall playing sound just a little sloppy, not to say that what you guys play doesn't rock, this track, in my opinion, wasn't your best, but I still enjoyed it.
    Taylor Lucas
    Member Join Date: Nov 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the style, the songs different form your other stuff. But alot of the transitions were sloppy.
    I agree here.

And here,

Well you can tell you're a young band but the drums/guitar seems to jive. Also you might get your singer to work on where his notes hit in conjunction with your drums/guitar, its a little off ya know, almost sounds rushed, like hes trying to pack in too many words in his lines, he could work on putting more energy into it.
    Otherwise, good effort!
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

Alright guys, well thanks for being supportive and all. It means a lot. Considering we used to be much much much worse.

I shall keep you all posted in regards to the new songs we shall be recording.

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

OK new song done again

its called

"Said the Undead"

written and produced by our bassist, last song was written by me

uhmm

ya comments plz

www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity

thx for all ur feeback so far it means a lot

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

alright man, when i critique something i dont spare feelings so its not personal :D but man i listened to this for about 30s.. you HAVE GOT to get rid of that singer. listen to some music then listen to his singing.. his singing is horrid. the way he does his voice is like THESE ARHARE THE FEHEEALINGS. im sorry but he IS NOT a singer, hes got no voice control, he cant sing to the music what so ever, and hes very monotone. i say again YOU HAVE GOT TO GET ANOTHER SINGER.

Take me for instance, i can scream really great but i cant sing.. i know that and you wont catch me trying to sing. Your singer needs to come to terms with himself and his singing and realize he cant sing for crap. I like the music, it all blends in and the rythm is nice and with some work it'd be really good, but as long as you have that singer.. im sorry but your band is goin no where fast. I say if the lead singer can play guitar make him just a guitarist, find another singer. I mentioned earlier in a post that the guy that says REDSOUND really loud a few times at the end of Redsound has a pretty good voice, try swapping singers, i promise you'll get a better result.

If you're having fun keep doing what youre doing dont change singers, but if you're trying to go somewhere with this, like playing gigs, maybe releasing a cd you've gotta head yourself in that direction, and do whats best for your music. And i have to say that singer is not whats best for your music lol. In the end its not about making huge bucks, or being cool having a million girls at your beckon call, its about your music, and you gotta do whats best for that. If you're gonna keep that singer he really needs to consider some singing lessons.. and quick.
    Last edited by Circa; 04-02-2007 at 04:42 PM.