Thread: Case for a woofer

User Info Menu

Default Case for a woofer

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a problem I have: I'm looking to get a padded, plastic case (e:g: Protechtor, SKB, Enduro) for my Drum Workshop 18''x 8" woofer drum. Try as I might I'v scoured the internet o no avail. Anyone here know of a company that makes these? I know XLSPEC the company that does Protechtor makes custom cases, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone who's gotten something for the drum size I'm looking for. Any help would be much appreciated!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Case for a woofer

Welcome to Drum Chat partsisparts!

My suggestion would be to contact DW customer service and to get a recommendation from them. I think that will save you a lot of "chasing your tail" time. I have spoken, or emailed, with a number of customer service people when I had questions about parts for musical instruments, and if I couldn't get something from them directly, they were always kind enough to give me the name of a company that I could contact.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have a 22x8 case from Protection Racket. They are the only company I am aware of that makes cases for the DW woofer. It's not a hard plastic case, but protection none the less.

User Info Menu

I had a little look, and the only one I could find was the protection racket, its soft and costs £63 in the UK.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

Thanks you guys, I may indeed go the protection racket route.