Thread: Great deal on new Yamaha kit recording customs.

User Info Menu

Default Great deal on new Yamaha kit recording customs.

So I found a great deal at a local store. New set of recording customs sizes 10, 12, 16 floor and 22 bass. Asking $ 2000
    Had them in the store for a while and I kept going in and looking at them but I wasn't sure of the color which is surf green. So I didn't buy them. Now just kidding the color really grew on me and for $2,000 I knew I was getting a steal so I bought for myself for Christmas. Nobody else gets me anything anyway

User Info Menu

Default Re: Great deal on new Yamaha kit recording customs.

I actually dig that color, would not be my 1st choice as that would be black but Yamaha has limited plain color choices anyway IMO but they make up for it with very good sounding kits. Congrats that is a hell of a price too. Pics or it did not happen.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I totally agree with MDK. That color is pretty cool actually. I like the real wood. lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I actually dig that color, would not be my 1st choice as that would be black but Yamaha has limited plain color choices anyway IMO but they make up for it with very good sounding kits. Congrats that is a hell of a price too. Pics or it did not happen.
    Just figured out how to download the pictures as a URL off my Android

User Info Menu

That’s probably my favorite color for drums. It looks vintage and classy with coated heads and lots of chrome.
    9312E224-4E0B-46A0-A702-958766CED3FA.jpg
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Nice pick up!

How to you like them after some seat time?

User Info Menu

Great deal on the RC's...congrats. Digging the color too.