Thread: In a Show of Respect to the Moderators

User Info Menu

Default In a Show of Respect to the Moderators

I wanted to ask if this was an acceptable action rather than just doing it.

I run a very small WordPress blog that I do not use for self-promotion and make no money off whatsoever. There is no advertising, no money for traffic, nada. I used it primarily as a photo/journal tool to keep in touch with family and friends when I briefly moved across the country.

I recently made a bass drum pedal case and documented the process on this standard, insignificant blog. I wish to share my experience making this case by simply offering a link to this blog entry, which I reitorate is entirely pro-bono and in no way promotional or hucksterish. As you may have surmised, it is much more expediant for me to simply copy and paste the link than it is to join photobucket or a similar site and transfer the data text block, photo, text block times 20.

I wish to respect the rules of your forum and am happy to supply the link for your consideration, if you wish, via a PM. If I am to go about sharing my experience via a different method, I will happily do so- I simply unclear if this is a gray area, since it is acceptable to share video links, links to sources such as the Tuning Bible, etc.

Cheers

MrB

Edit: I've subscribed to this thread in the event you choose to reply via post, but I will also watch my PMs if you prefer. I only went about it as a thread as I was unsure who exactly makes these decisions- Pastor Bob, Drummer, etc. This seemed the easiest way to ensure you'd all see it.
    Last edited by MrB; 07-08-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Default Re: In a Show of Respect to the Moderators

MrB, the ultimate decision on this one would have to come from the administrators, so I will bring this thread to their attention for you. Thansk for checking this with us.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Isn't that like posting a link to someone's myspace?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

No problem at all Mr.B

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Isn't that like posting a link to someone's myspace?
    It would depend on the content. I can assure you that the little corner of the internet in question does not contain sparkly backgrounds.

Thank you as well, Drummer. Anyone interested may visit the thread I am about to create in the General Discussion forum.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian