Thread: Need drum bits

User Info Menu

Default Need drum bits

Okay, so I just got a drumkit for £20, it's a venus Mapex from 2007 I think. Great buy apart from it's missing a few things. It's missing a ball holder, the things that you mount the toms on. And it's missing the top half of the hi hat.

Does anyone know where I can get these bits from? I've look all over the place but can't find anything decent. I'm not a drummer, I'm a guitarist so I don't know much about drums
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need drum bits

Ebay. Trust me.

Oh, and welcome to the forums as well.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

You can probably order the tom holder directly from Mapex. As for the hi hats, just take your bottom hat to a music store like GC and try it out with a bunch of different top hats. Usually they will let you buy individual top/bottom hats if you find a pairing you like.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thanks guy's It's a very nice forum too

I looked on Ebay and couldn't find what i was looking for :/

I contacted Mapex and got nothing back from them about the ball holder thingy :( And I can't find any of these on ebay... maybe I'm better of just getting a new stand for the tom?

Sorry I don't think I explained it very well XD My bad, but it's missing one of the tubes. Told you I knew nothing about drums. Thanks for the help guys

User Info Menu

Gibraltar makes ball shaped l rods that you can put into a vacant tom holder. Or, you can get the whole tom holder from them, they make the same model mapex uses but sell it for a bit less. In comparing the two, I noticed the same arm from gibraltar was 20 dollars less than the one from mapex.
    Mapex:

Gibraltar:

Can you tell them apart? I can't, and my little green friend Andrew Jackson can't either. Just make sure you know which shape(round, or hex) the grooves are inside of your tom mounts, before ordering.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu