Thread: Swiss Army Photograph

User Info Menu

Default Swiss Army Photograph

Alright emo/hardcore people.

My friend Josh Lopez is the drummer for this band, we go back to when we were like in elementary school.

Tell me what you think, and I'll show him later.
    Please don't be scared of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTwh...id%3D100754841

http://www.myspace.com/swissarmyphotograph
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

wow for some reason that video really annoyed me

But on to whats important, their pretty good. I honestly didn't like it too much, its just not my cup of tea. But they are a pretty decent band. They would be ALOT better if they didn't try to scream though, just my thoughts about them.
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

I like it alot, it needs work on matching the guitar chords to his voice pitch/tune a little bit, but just in places. The levels need work, they should hire a professional levels guy, they'd get a MUCH better product, and if they have a prof. levels guy they might wanna think about hiring a new one :P i think thats really the only thing that takes away from the song, the levels just arent right. Its pretty rockin though.. also i could stand a little more of that guy screaming, i like good high vocals mixed in with some emotional screaming like these guys have done, i just like more of it, to me screaming works the best around the "peaks" of the song if that makes sense.

Im not sure what thier goals are, if they wanna make it big, but i could see them becoming a big name for sure, atleast in my opinion. You can tell by listening that its a good song, everything flows pretty well. Good job guys, you're better than 80% of things that i've heard, and thats saying something in my book.

Also i listened to Face The World, i liked that one alot, It had more screaming i liked that hehe. Face The World has a little bit of an Incubus feel to it with a little hardcore edge. Only bad thing i have to say, is during the chorus all the instruments seem to be a little forced.. kinda jumbled in on top of eachother. Also i think the drummer is adding too many double kicks, i cant really tell cause the drums kinda sound cruddy, almost sounds like an electric set. its either too many double kicks or too many rolling snare hits. thats just my personal opinion. But i really liked that song
    Last edited by Circa; 04-05-2007 at 06:23 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm sure that song could have potential, but yes the video scared me lol. The audio just sounded way crap in some parts and made my face do weird things.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I am usually not a fan of that genre, although I don't like to catagorize, because catagorizing [alas, here I am catagorizing???] breeds 'generic'.
    Yet, they seem to be a lot more musical than other bands of the same 'genre' out there. But Circa, you got to give the lead singer some credit, he held his pitch well enough and was pretty well in tune with the rest of the band. Especially in the audio only tracks.
    What I really want to know is, who did the animation for the video???

Good Stuff!
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    I'm sure that song could have potential, but yes the video scared me lol. The audio just sounded way crap in some parts and made my face do weird things.
    ROFLMAO!

User Info Menu

Really needs way better production, this would help alot, you got potential, but the production is really bad.

User Info Menu

soundin good! just the vocals a bit off sometimes, but still great band

User Info Menu

not for me sorry im not into emo stuff plus the video is stupid not for me sorry

User Info Menu

Timp. Stop writing in such a retarded way. Have you ever even heard of punctuation?

(Oh and you said in another thread that you liked AFI so you must like emo)

User Info Menu

Eesh. I thought it was alright up to the chorus. Then there was some growly screamy thing and I hit close straight away. Apart from that, nice!
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...