Thread: Bad news for the DevilSnauts

User Info Menu

Unhappy Bad news for the DevilSnauts

No, it's not all that bad but it's still pretty bad.

Last thursday my mom had surgery on her eye (detached retina). Now she's always sleeping, and tired and sensitive to, well, just about everything (whether it's a bright light or a car going by). And My guitarist and I are also doing sports at school (soccer and football, respectively). I cant drum for at least 2 weeks, not including football or school.

You know why I placed this post in the "Band" section? Because we were supposed to be in full swing by now. You know, regularly scheduled practices, a full band... Yeah. Not happening anytime soon. I'm just glad it's not all over for the DS. I have to wait until October... Well by then i'll have some new gear. :/
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bad news for the DevilSnauts

Well, not much you can do. Just wait it out then have a nice long jam session.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your mom's detached retina, but I am glad to hear they were able to repair it. Sounds like it's all for the best that your band is on hiatus for right now.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Bad news for the DevilSnauts

Patience, jordison515. Keep practicing (if you have a practice pad, so much the better) and as Constinator said, maybe you can jam when the time is right!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Just hang in there, it will all work out. If you want it and have the patience you will make it happen. Take this as the opp to get better at your rudiments as we know how important they are.

Keep the good spirits.
    My Gear

PDP FS Fusion
    Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal
    DW Drop Clutch
    Ludwig and Pearl Cymbal Stands
    8" Zildjan A Custom Splash
    8" Sabian Splash
    14" Dream Bliss Hats
    18" Dream Bliss Crash/Ride
    18" Dream Vintage Bliss Crash/Ride
    18" Paiste China