Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's HERE!

User Info Menu

Default It's HERE!

Holy crap!

My bass drum and rack I ordered a week or so ago are finally here!

Be prepared for some epic pictures tomorrow, I can't get any now, I have to set it up and make sure it's all comfortable.

HB58

Hmm, I should change my signature now
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Sweet man.

Dang your daylight-at-PST-2:35am! I wish I could play right now but sadly it's a bit early (or late, whatever).
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

right on man, can't wait for those pics. did you get the extended middle bar on the rack? or will you leave one side open? a typical rack for a double kick setup usually requires 4 bars because you can only fit 1 kick per side.

User Info Menu

Gratz dude!!! =D

User Info Menu

hb58 congratulations!! sounds like a very nice set up.

User Info Menu

Kickarse

User Info Menu

Cool It's HERE!

Big fives to ya, mate! Can't wait to see those pics!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

pic man, we need pics

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    right on man, can't wait for those pics. did you get the extended middle bar on the rack? or will you leave one side open? a typical rack for a double kick setup usually requires 4 bars because you can only fit 1 kick per side.
    No, I didn't get the extended middle bar, I think I'll have one open side. These pics have only 2 of the sides to the rack on them. The rack was much bigger than I thought it would be.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

sweet man, keep rockin'

User Info Menu

gorgeous
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

hm hm hm...

User Info Menu

Pearl Double Bass Session Kit - What dreams are made of.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

very sexy! nice colour too.

hb, did you get the second bass drum seperately or did you buy the kit with the double bass drum package?? if you got it seperately, must of cost a fortune hey

looks hot mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80
    hb, did you get the second bass drum seperately or did you buy the kit with the double bass drum package?? if you got it seperately, must of cost a fortune hey
    I bought them separately. Total cost for the bass and rack together was $1500 AUD.

Bass Drum alone was $1000 AUD. Not too shabby, considering RRP is $1499 or something.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

nice kit....what are ZXTs like? I've only ever played ZBTs and they are a bit rubbish

User Info Menu

Nice kit !
    Question bytheway: Is your favorite band the Belgian Chimeara, de german, or the english? The Belgian Chimeara changed its name, they're called 'The Dying' now

User Info Menu

ok, yes that sounds like a very nice deal!!

im interested to know how it feels playing double bass drum compared to playing double kick on one bass. is it taking a bit to get used to?? or does it feel natural just like the double kicks were before the other bass drum arrived?

User Info Menu

other than never getting a totally even sound with one, the main dif for me is feel. i tend to rest my left foot down when i'm playing the right. causing you to feel the impact with the left foot. wich also can muffle your sound.

User Info Menu

yer, i have never played two bass drums funky but i do play double kick pedals on one bass. i do hear that the double bass drums are good for foot independance. i also noticed that my left foot is naturally starting to sit flat on the pedal while my right foot is playing heel up slightly...weird but more balanced

User Info Menu

Nice set now man, now you gotta work on replacing them planet Z's

=P

User Info Menu

In all honesty, the ZXTs aren't that great a cymbal. They made a nice noise, for a relatively cheap price and took a thorough beating as I was improving my technique. Good value, but I'm going to shell out on a better quality cymbal next time.

Chimaira - The American band. Just released their new album called Resurrection. Haven't listened to all of it yet, but it's damn good.

Playing on two different bass drums feels more natural than I thought it would. I was expecting to have to play for a week or two to get used to it, but I picked up the change in hours. Having the two different sounds (not perfectly tuned to each other) makes it easier in my opinion to work on your subdivisions etc.

And finally, yeah, the Planet Z's are the element that is bringing my kit down a bit. I've become quite accustomed to the 20" Ride's bell sound. It's probably the best cymbal in that line. I'm looking to replace them with some Zildjian A or Z Customs, although, I'd like to just go into Billy Hyde with a blindfold and get them to bring me all different types of cymbals until I found the perfect sound I wanted from each one.

On another note, 2/3 of my Drum Cases arrived yesterday. I've got a Hardware and Cymbal Bag now, so I'm just waiting on my actual Drum Cases. Should be here on Monday, I'd say.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    other than never getting a totally even sound with one, the main dif for me is feel. i tend to rest my left foot down when i'm playing the right. causing you to feel the impact with the left foot. wich also can muffle your sound.
    Yeah, playing double-kick pedal, you can notice that each beater hit does a certain amount of choking the note before it. Whereas with two bass drums, everything booms out like thunder (there is effectively double the volume too). I use double kick pedal for punk (in which two bass drums always seemed too overbearing) and 2 bass drums for metal (where it's just essential).

Sweeet stuff HellsBells.

User Info Menu

Very nice, dude, I still dig that green fade!

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

def. my favorite finish of the session line.