Thread: i have been waiting for tonight

User Info Menu

Default i have been waiting for tonight

Slayer!! finally. Mastedon will be opening up for them. exciting stuff. i will let you all know how it went

User Info Menu

ok i,m ready to hear about it. i still love slayer. seen em prolly 5 times. i'm glad dave is back with em.

User Info Menu

Two kickarse bands. Wish they would come to sweden together!

User Info Menu

Well! this was my first time seeing both these bands live. Mastodon were great and sounded very clear. One of the loudest bands I have ever heard while keeping a high quality sound. I dont know much of Mastodon so I cant really say what songs they played.

When Slayer came out! well, one word. Quality! they blew me away and made the opening band look like children. I have seen many bands but these guys are another level above the rest. They took to the stage like they owned it.....no, really, owned it. The sound was the best I have ever heard live. they are the tightest band I have ever heard live.

Dave was on a 'mean' sounding Tama kit. The drums stood out. I swear that guy has the best sounding drums and they werent black or silver!! almost the same colour as my catalina. For some reason and not sure why, the cymbals and hi-hats were not loud enough. I could just hear the ride and hi-hats but this didnt take away from the quality sound. The double kicks were perfectly timed, very deep and crisp.

Excellent show!

This is the set list (not in order though)

Disciple
    War Ensemble
    Captor Of Sin
    Dead Skin Mask
    Post Mortem
    South Of Heaven
    Seasons In The Abyss
    Mandatory Suicide
    Raining Blood
    Bloodline
    Angel Of Death
    Eyes Of The Insane
    Jihad
    Cult
    Supremist

User Info Menu

Dead skin Mask - I used to be able to play that - have to get back into playing that stuff.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?