Thread: 1959 Ludwig Supraphonic...

User Info Menu

Exclamation 1959 Ludwig Supraphonic...

...i have one. it's got whats referred to as a 'transition badge', with the ludwig logo in a blue oval, no serial number, and it is in fact made of brass.

in terms of what kind of shape its in, i give it a 7.5/10. if i had the correct strainer, and if it had 2 less small dings in it, it'd be a strong 9 if not a 10. chrome isn't pitted, drum sounds good and crisp with a coated ambassador.

anyways, i need to buy a nord, or hammond fake b3. so i wish to sell this drum. short of paying 20 for an appraisal, how can i determine the value of this drum? i have a general idea of what its worth, being that it is what it is, and what it is is a somewhat rare piece....

i'm sure i could take it to a music store and trade it towards what i want, but i'd rather sell it outright, obv for max profit. heck, i'd trade it even up for a used nord electro or a hammond xk3 if somebody offered.

any ideas??

User Info Menu

Default Re: 1959 Ludwig Supraphonic...

Welcome, nice snare you have! The best way to get a ball park is to look at completed auctions on ebay, only take into account the ones that actually sold. A COB supraphonic is going to bring in a good chunk of change. Probably around $500-$750 depending on condition. The fact that its a trans badge is going to increase the value. Is it 5" or 6 1/2" depth? The 6 1/2s usually bring quite a bit more.

User Info Menu

i have the 5x14 model, somebody else just put one up on ebay and he's asking $1150 for it....mine is in as good of shape as HIS is. so i guess i got an idea.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mfdrozdibob View Post
    i have the 5x14 model, somebody else just put one up on ebay and he's asking $1150 for it....mine is in as good of shape as HIS is. so i guess i got an idea.
    Yea like I said, you need to check out the auctions that actually sold to get a real ballpark. I just don't see $1150 in this ecconomy, a few years ago maybe.

User Info Menu

I agree with Gretschhead because of the economy it could be worth less or harder to sell. Why not keep it as an investment for the future it may be worth a fortune then.

User Info Menu

I'm figuring about $200. Start boxing it up right now for shipment to the Bahamas!

LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

can you attach a pic maybe i can help you to set a fair price

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Hmmm........joined 10-19, posted 10-20 and has not been logged into the forum since.

Im guessing he was here to try and sell his drum.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Hmmm........joined 10-19, posted 10-20 and has not been logged into the forum since.

Im guessing he was here to try and sell his drum.
    u r sooooo pessimistic Gone, he could have just lost his internet connection, lol.

Official cowbell hater.