Page 102 of 115 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

woodshedded

User Info Menu

Purchased a 15 inch B8X crash cymbal. I now have 14 inch hats, 15 inch, 16 inch, and 18 inch crashes, a 12 inch splash, and 20 inch ride. That will complete my set up until I save up enough money to upgrade to a higher grade cymbal.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Practiced for the 4th and final time (before the big gig) with the band I'm sitting in with next weekend. We practiced for 6hrs, non-stop. 35 songs. I have about 31 of them down pretty well. There's 4 of them that I'm still not 100% on, but I'll get by. I'll listen to them this week. It's been fun practicing with them. They do a lot of fun southern & classic rock; Doobie Bros., Marshall Tucker, Skynyrd, CCR, Clapton, Journey, etc.. it's nice being able to play songs that I don't normally get a chance to.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Practiced 5 new songs today, talked to my other guitar player from my other band and he is ready to play again after a 2 year hiatus. My wife went to GC and surprised me with a DW ball cap. I wear ball caps all the time, must have about 25.

User Info Menu

Watched some Jeff Porcaro videos and looked at the drums. It was too late to play when I got home :(
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Sold a bass drum mic, mic stand and 9 XLR cables.

It's all going slowly but surely.

Down to 7 kits now. lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    Practiced 5 new songs today, talked to my other guitar player from my other band and he is ready to play again after a 2 year hiatus. My wife went to GC and surprised me with a DW ball cap. I wear ball caps all the time, must have about 25.
    Me too. If I'm not at work or in a church, there's a hat on my head. I usually wear a Panama hat or fedora when we gig outside, otherwise it's a ball cap. Been thinking about buying a DW or Ludwig hat.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Practiced paradiddles, double paradidddles, triple paradidddles, flam paradidddles, and drag paradidddles for my NARD / PCAS exam.

User Info Menu

New heads came in today, start switching them out tomorrow.

User Info Menu

So far, absolutely nothing.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sold my PDP Concept Maple shell pack.

It really was a fantastic kit. I hated to get rid of it, but like Bish, I need to thin the heard. I listed it on CL on Sunday night and had 2 people call Monday morning. The first person bought it and the second person was very disappointed. However, he was just learning to play and really only needed a solid, good sounding kit of decent quality. So....as a consolation...I offered him up my old Pearl Export shells, an old Ludwig Rocker hi-hat stand, an old kick pedal and my Paiste PST3 ride. All for a super-low price of $250. I'm deliver it on Friday
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Well, sold & delivered my old Pearl Export kit to its new owner this afternoon. Ended up talking with the guy for almost an hour in the parking lot we had arranged to meet up in for the transaction, LOL. He's new to drumming, so I gave him a quick lesson in drum construction, tuning, proper setup, head choices and cymbal types, design & applications. It was a great way to spend a beautiful Friday afternoon.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Haven't played a gig or practiced with anyone in a while, so I went out to my unfinished drum room and played for a bit.

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Had band practice tonight no one worked on the 5 new songs kind of disappointing. Despite that still a productive practice. Drums sounded great really coming together.

User Info Menu

Pulled my old Premier XPK kit off the shelf, cleaned it up, tuned it, and got it ready for tomorrow afternoon's multi-band jam festival.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Pulled my old Premier XPK kit off the shelf, cleaned it up, tuned it, and got it ready for tomorrow afternoon's multi-band jam festival.
    Photos?

User Info Menu

Have been down drumming in the basement 2 times for a total of 2 hours. Recorded myself on my cell phone for the first time ever, boy was that an eye opener. Realized I wasn't getting as nice of a chick sound out of my hats as I wanted, so changed the angle of the bottom hat to be flatter, which improved it some (now my left foot needs to get better lol).
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Photos?
    Sorry, I didn't take any pics this time. BUT....if you haven't seen it before, here's a couple older pics;
    IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG

It really looks (and sounds) great on stage. I just wish the toms were shallower, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

almost had gas a little while ago.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Here ya go!

User Info Menu

Big time score today!!!!!!!! 5pc Drumset, hardware, and cymbals for $50 at a thrift store. I wish I knew how to post pictures on here!

User Info Menu

I am now playing drums and singing. I've done both live separately for many years. I bought a 9 Inch goose neck and borrowed a couple of mics and stands. Does anyone know of famous or semi-famous drummer/ lead singers from the 21st century. Yeah, I'm in my forties. Fulltiltboogie

User Info Menu

Phil Collins
    Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger)
    Don Henley

Those are the ones that instantly come to mind. I suppose they're more "20th Century", but I'm in my late 40s and not real familiar with any 21st Century bands, LOL.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 08-21-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Thanks N2Bluz. I'm in the same boat as you: in my forties and stuck in the 20th century. I don't think that's a bad thing, as I have yet to hear a new Keith Moon (in his prime) or a John Bonham. FulltiltBoogie

User Info Menu

Played an outdoor gig to help raise money for a sick child today. Glad to see the money raised go to a good cause.

20170826_132652.jpg