Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Drumset I picked up from the thrift store is sold. I have the cymbals and hardware I need to get the drums home. Sold everything for $200

User Info Menu

Played on dis heres forum thingy.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Went to play some blues music with about 10 close friends last night.

FB_IMG_1504759920989.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Received my new Gibraltar bass drum cymbal mount on UPS! Tomorrow night it's getting installed on my 18" Bop bass drum (my regular gig kit). I'm so excited! The idea of eliminating a cymbal stand for the ride cymbal is fantastic. I'll be able to get by with just a hi-hat stand and ONE cymbal stand (both DW lightweight versions). Woohoo!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Received my new Gibraltar bass drum cymbal mount on UPS! Tomorrow night it's getting installed on my 18" Bop bass drum (my regular gig kit). I'm so excited! The idea of eliminating a cymbal stand for the ride cymbal is fantastic. I'll be able to get by with just a hi-hat stand and ONE cymbal stand (both DW lightweight versions). Woohoo!
    Good for you,man!. . . . . Pack'in light!

User Info Menu

Can't wait for the pics Brian! Let's see 'em!

User Info Menu

Ordered new batter and reso heads for my toms (Coated Emperors/clear Ambassadors) and a new Powerstroke 3 Batter for my base drum. The Emperors were on back order, but everything should be here by the end of the month.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Had the best weekend our band has ever had last weekend....so I rewarded myself today by placing an order for one of these;
    IMG_0226.JPG
    13x7 COS Pork Pie "Hip Pig".
    Of course, the smaller diameter and added depth will create height issues....so I also included one of these;
    IMG_0227.JPG
    A Pearl S930D low profile stand.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Had the best weekend our band has ever had last weekend....so I rewarded myself today by placing an order for one of these;
    IMG_0226.JPG
    13x7 COS Pork Pie "Hip Pig".
    Of course, the smaller diameter and added depth will create height issues....so I also included one of these;
    IMG_0227.JPG
    A Pearl S930D low profile stand.
    Nice!!! Congrats...you have been very dedicated to your band and deserve the GAS.

User Info Menu

Bought a DW Pacific CX series snare 5x14 for $35 , ordered some DW tension rods, and a Gibraltar 3/4 Tom holder.

User Info Menu

Yesterday morning, I cleared any of my remaining gear out of the guitar player's basement and collected my share of any remaining band funds and merch.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I tripped over the snare stand and busted my lip.

User Info Menu

I DID NOT trip over any part of my drums. Is there a trick to doing that or are you just a klutz?

User Info Menu

Several weeks ago, a popular local guy was opening up for my band. He got down off the stage and stepped out onto the empty dance floor carrying his mic and stand. He set the mic stand down in the middle of the tile dance floor and sang a few verses. He then began running around in circles playing his guitar like Chuck Berry. After building up considerable angular velocity and momentum, he stepped on his mic cord. His feet flew out sideways and he face planted HARD onto the tile floor. His vintage Telecaster bounced and slid across the dance floor. I immediately jumped up and ran out to the middle of the dance floor. I seriously thought he may be dead, he hit so hard. The guy is almost 80yrs old, so I figured he at least broke a hip. I helped him up and asked if he was OK. He instantly said, "I'm fine. That's just Rock & Roll." LOL.
    I grabbed his Tele, handed it to him and said "I guarantee it's out of tune". He strummed it once, cranked on a couple of the tuners and the started right back where he left off in the song.
    After their show, I asked his lead guitar player if the guy was doing OK. He said, "Oh yeah.....that happens all the time. It's not a good show unless old Charlie falls down at least once".
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I washed a couple sheets that cover some drums cause they were dusty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I DID NOT trip over any part of my drums. Is there a trick to doing that or are you just a klutz?
    No, I do that when I get bored and need to liven up my day a bit.

User Info Menu

DW tension rods came in fixed my snare. Sold a 5pc Performance Plus drum set plus hardware and cymbals. One of the Tom holder broke some how during transportation and had to replace it to complete the sale. The buyer was really nice about it and I would contact him when it came in of course I had to order it. I am very grateful that I didn't lose the sale.

User Info Menu

Received my new set of drum bags to use with my new Ludwig kit. I assigned my current set of Gator bags to my old Premier XPK kit and bought a set of the Roadrunner Touring bags for the new Luddys. So far, I'm impressed. They have a fair amount of padding along with a fake fur type lining. Seem to offer better protection than the thinly padded Gator bags. The handles are well engineered and a little hinge flap allows the lids to be opened up to a full 180 degrees. For the price, I'd say they're an excellent bang-for-the-buck.
    IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    -Brian

User Info Menu

^^Now those look pretty good Brian. How much did they set you back?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    ^^Now those look pretty good Brian. How much did they set you back?
    They were on sale. They only come as a 3pc set....22x18, 16x16 & 12x9...and also individually. I had to also buy an extra 14x14 bag for my Ludwigs. It was about $120 for all 4 bags. I already had a bag for each of my snares. Why the don't offer a typical 5pc Fusion set with a snare bag is beyond me.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 11-03-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Absolutely nothing. Sad.

User Info Menu

Fairly new to Drumming been playing about 4 or 5 months...i practiced some simple Rudiments, firstly as the book i'm using then reversed them as i'm a lefty.....some rolls, paradiddles and some basic grooves....not good enough to practice along to songs yet i can play along to certain songs but my fills and rolls are a bit limited hopefully this will come in time

User Info Menu

They were on sale. They only come as a 3pc set....22x18, 16x16 & 12x9...and also individually. Why the don't offer a typical 5pc Fusion set with a snare bag is beyond me.
    I've often asked the same question but you still got a good deal.

User Info Menu

Went to GC today and got the last 16"AAX crash for $99. The rep said while supplies last there not getting any more for the black Friday special. $215 cymbal for $99! Looks great ! I already have 16 AAX crash so this matches perfect.

User Info Menu

I poked around on various retailer websites. Looking for more drum stuff on sale to blow my hard-earned money on. To my surprise, I couldn't find anything that was too good to pass up or that I really needed or wanted.
    Then the terror set in, as my mind drifted to the idea that...maybe.....I've everything drum related that I need or want?

Then I realized; it's just that my needs and wants have now surpassed my conscientious economic threshold. I have all the mid-level gear I want and can afford. From here on out, it's gonna get expensive.
    -Brian