Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    After spending the last four months recording at my friend's home studio every Saturday afternoon, I brought the DW kit home for a complete head swap. Gonna go all Aquarian heads this time around. Awaiting the arrival of coated Studio X for tom batters and Classic Clears for resos. I'm trying two different Super Kick batters for the bass drum and have the coated SK3 on now but intend to eventually use the clear SK2.

Attachment 14605

Attachment 14606
    Good luck with that, late. I'm using a Studio X on my Sonor snare right now and I seem to be having good luck w/it right now. I'm also using a Focus X on my Black Magic and I'm liking that as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Good luck with that, late. I'm using a Studio X on my Sonor snare right now and I seem to be having good luck w/it right now. I'm also using a Focus X on my Black Magic and I'm liking that as well.
    Thanks for the quick review drummerMD! The Focus X was my 2nd choice and now that you mentioned it, I might get one for my Ludwig BB.

BTW...Sent you a PM. Please check your in box...thanks!
    Last edited by late8; 01-04-2018 at 02:54 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    such a nice kit!
    Good luck with new heads!
    Thanks Spaz!

User Info Menu

So I took a half day today from work... I just spent 2 hours trying out and tuning all my snare drums on my Pork Pie kit.
    It's seriously amazing how one snare drum can change the entire feel/sound of a kit.

User Info Menu

Ordered four Cannon 6mm cymbal sleeves for my Sonor 200 cymbal boom stands since the Gibraltar ones won't fit:

s-l1600.jpg

Ordered 20 nylon washers to replace the ones that I inadvertently lost while swapping heads:

1.jpg

5.jpg

User Info Menu

Went home at lunch today and my new 13" Die Cast snare drum hoops were at my doorstep!!!! Can't wait to install them on the Pork Pie Kit.

User Info Menu

I need to order a pack of the 2.37" DW tension rods for the one missing rod on my snare. Local stores dont carry them in this length, unfortunately.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Got the tension rods and some new wires. My snare is a happy camper.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Installed my die cast hoops... i'M SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!

User Info Menu

30 minutes of our lesson, then got to watch my 2 sons have their first "band practice" jamming together on guitar and drums. Pretty awesome day if you ask me.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Installed my die cast hoops... i'M SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!
    Great move, Spaz!

User Info Menu

Ordered new heads for the Gretsch USA kit. Aquarian Performance 2 coated batters with Aquarian Classic Clears as resos. Aquarian Hi Velocity snare batter with Aquarian Performance snare reso.

2.jpg

User Info Menu

Nothing. I don't think I've played since October.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I put new pinstripes on my rototoms. They still had the original black dot skins that were (ready) 30 years old! Kinda cool to tinker with them again.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Ordered four Cannon 6mm cymbal sleeves for my Sonor 200 cymbal boom stands since the Gibraltar ones won't fit:

s-l1600.jpg

Ordered 20 nylon washers to replace the ones that I inadvertently lost while swapping heads:

1.jpg

5.jpg
    What is the wood on that tom?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Hey Kaz! The outer ply is called "Twisted Exotic".

User Info Menu

Breaking in new heads and loving 'em...

FED65534-C10E-45B8-B73C-B0838194EE7D_zpsmj42wzys.jpg

User Info Menu

Found the need to replace a few cymbal sleeves. Hole for a 14" Zildjian A Fast Crash purchased about 5 years ago is showing signs of premature wear around the edges around the hole.

1.jpg

The old cymbal sleeve had ridges worn into the plastic which prevented the cymbal from moving freely, thus creating a start of an oblong hole.

2.jpg

The new sleeves come in 4's and the plastic appears to be of a harder polymer than the old ones which could be problematic. The softer plastic may "give" more under stress but may not last as long? We shall see.

3.jpg
    Last edited by late8; 01-24-2018 at 12:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Wood shedded with Stick Control, (page 5) and 4-Way Coordination: A Method Book for the Development of Complete Independence on the Drum Set- (page 4) for about 45 minutes then my eyes got tired of reading tabs...

56BC19B8-B92B-40B4-B622-55896ADCDA5C_zpsoazkzvnn.jpg

...so I packed up the DW kit and hauled it over to the home studio where me and my buddy will continue working on our 2nd CD of original tunes, we copyrighted and published our 1st CD last year. It feels good to be writing again after a brief break for the holidays. After listening to what we played, I need to swap out the non-ported reso with one with a port and I need to move the hihat mic closer to the hats. It's was a very productive day.

382DFC5F-8002-4D55-823C-A7710B44911F_zps5ef566nh.jpg

3850F054-2F3F-4139-A7E9-A69209012DF4_zpsifqwby9l.jpg

EAB14DC2-9C86-49BA-A676-A75DFCC79121_zpspnnui75i.jpg

User Info Menu

I am happy for you Rich that you are able/healthy enough to do all that stuff cause I know I could not anymore done my time years ago. Enjoy while you can man and best of luck with your new cd. Love the DWs they look awesome in the studio.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I am happy for you Rich that you are able/healthy enough to do all that stuff cause I know I could not anymore done my time years ago. Enjoy while you can man and best of luck with your new cd. Love the DWs they look awesome in the studio.
    Thanks so much Gilles. I turned 58 last Saturday and I feel good for being that old lol!. There will come a day where I'll no longer be able to do this so I'm cramming it in now!

User Info Menu

Nothing yet but it's only 9 a.m.

User Info Menu

Moved a few kits around the drum room and organized some used heads.

5_zpswe6qyt00.jpg

User Info Menu

Got my latest drum lesson book, Carmine Appice Realistic Drum Fills: Replacements in the mail today.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

GOD that DW kit makes me drool Late