Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Put the ends on 75 feet of CAT 5 cable. I ran a 50 footer a while back but have since revamped my music room and need the x tra footage. Wireless wasn't an option. I am all sewed up in a practically soundproof area and the router is 50 feet on the other end of the house. All hail another trip through the attic !
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Played a gig tonight. There was my band and four others. It was a gig featuring some of the North Island's best female-fronted metal bands. It was also the first gig with our new vocalist.

Halfway through our second song, the beater on the main pedal flew away, so I was stuck with the left kick pedal for the rest of the song. We don't exactly play the most simple stuff, either
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Band jammin' tonight with a new bass player....he loves our setlist! If only we'd play those songs and lose "These Boots are made for Walkin".....LOL. No kidding!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Doing my routine maintenance for a gig tomrow. Tuning, Cleaning around, Packing, And most importantly some stretching starting tonight. Another session of it tomrw afternoon, and a quick stretch before the show. My body doesnt hold up like when i was 17! I like to get into a loose, comfort zone now.

User Info Menu

Spoke too soon!Bass player cancelled for tonight! aaargh...
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Spoke too soon!Bass player cancelled for tonight! aaargh...
    I'll admit, one thing I'm strongly against is practicing on Friday nights. I just don't like it. But now that it's football season I have a built in excuse...I'm working.

User Info Menu

see thread "More trigger pulling than.."

setup and tuning and ohhing and ahhhing....

User Info Menu

Went to the drum shop and chatted with the guys for a bit and bought a reso for my old snare. Had to order the batter. It's a 1922 Wurlitzer. So I have a limited selection of heads that will work. Went with Aquarian American Vintage.
    Last edited by drumsetsnide; 09-16-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

This is somewhat related to drums. I collected all my Rush CD's in chronological order in a road case for the trip down to see Rush on this Tuesday. Road tunes primer for the concert.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Spent about 25 min playing along to some tunes today.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I'll admit, one thing I'm strongly against is practicing on Friday nights. I just don't like it. But now that it's football season I have a built in excuse...I'm working.
    copy that! we usually practice Friday evenings though and Sunday afternoons! good thing the games start late here.

drum related.... I'm signed into DC
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    copy that! we usually practice Friday evenings though and Sunday afternoons! good thing the games start late here.

drum related.... I'm signed into DC
    I just absolutely refuse to practice on Fridays. Gigs are another story. I'll do those. LOL.

User Info Menu

Rehearsal tonight. Auditioning a new lead singer/guitarist.

Also planning to take the Yammie (practice) kit home to give it a looooong overdue tuning.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarded View Post

Also planning to take the Yammie (practice) kit home to give it a looooong overdue tuning.
    Welcome to the forum!

User Info Menu

Trashed my drums today. Literally took the whole drumset up and threw it on the ground as hard as I could. Then I stomped on them and then I went and got a sledge hammer and beat them to pieces. I've seen guitar players do similar things on stage. I figured if they can do it, so can I.

I'm not sure what the point of it is now that I've done it. I'm left with no drumset and I have no money to replace it. But it sure got out some of my frustration.

Well, I'll be leaving the forum. I have no more drums. I'm thinking of taking up ballet dancing. What do you think?

User Info Menu

Put a new clear EMAD2 head on my bass drum today...holy! Sounds great, so far. It replaces a clear EMAD head. The EMAD was nice but the "2" has a little more thump.

Also, trying out some VF 5B wood tip sticks...haven't used VF sticks in a long time...and I usually stick with 5A weight.

Looked at a set of 15" 2002 Sound Edge HHs, too...wow, that was tempting. My 14" Sound Edges have a small crack (I bought them in 1990, so I guess I got my money's worth out of them). Oh well, Christmas is coming!

Laters, folks.
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Slept in. Laid around most of the day. Took a nap. Took a shower. Getting ready to head out and bring the music to the masses once again. 9pm-1am. Four hours of high octane, building shakin' classic rock in some berg in the middle of no-where. All this.....and cash to boot! Who could ask for a better way to spend a Saturday?
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Trashed my drums today. Literally took the whole drumset up and threw it on the ground as hard as I could. Then I stomped on them and then I went and got a sledge hammer and beat them to pieces. I've seen guitar players do similar things on stage. I figured if they can do it, so can I.

I'm not sure what the point of it is now that I've done it. I'm left with no drumset and I have no money to replace it. But it sure got out some of my frustration.

Well, I'll be leaving the forum. I have no more drums. I'm thinking of taking up ballet dancing. What do you think?
    See ya. Enjoy the rest of your life. (The parts that don't frustrate you at least.)
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Cleaned up my drum room, Practiced twice today, an hour each. My Cb snare batter paint has wore away on it ( Remo UX) Will probably be replacing it with a coated ambassador tomorrow.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Band jammin' tonight with a new bass player....he loves our setlist! If only we'd play those songs and lose "These Boots are made for Walkin".....LOL. No kidding!

I remember that Nancy Sinatra looked good on the front of the original album.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarded View Post

Tune it where you play it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

Have to see you in the outfit first. If you look like Nureyev, it might be a go. If you look like Dom Del Louise, I think I would pull the string on that.

User Info Menu

Haven't touched my set in 2 days. Sometimes I have to leave it alone.

User Info Menu

Started construction on a rehearsal/recording studio in our guitarists basement. Got the framing materials all purchased and downstairs, got one wall framed.

1964 Ludwig Downbeat Black Diamond Pearl (12,13,14,16,20)
    ALL of its Original Hardware

Ludwig Stainless Steel "Bop" (12,14,18)

Ludwig 1947 Standard Deluxe w/Art Gold hardware 3ply Maple 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1959 LM470 Auditorium 3ply Mahogany 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1959 LM908P Jazz Festival 3ply Mahogany 5.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1964 LM400 Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1968 LM410 Super Sensitive 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1969 LM404 Acrolite 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1976 LM400 Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1977 LM401 Lacquered Brass Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1978 LM405 NYC Bd of Ed Acrolite w/factory Imperial Lugs 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1984 LB552 75th Anniversary Engraved Bronze 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1990s LM404 Black Galaxy Acrolite 10 Lug w/Silver Monroe Keystone 5 x 14
    Ludwig 2010 LB417BT Engraved Black Beauty 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2017 LB402B COB Supraphonic 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2020 LC662KTC Hammered Copperphonic w/all Copper Hardware 6.5 x 14
    DW Collectors 3mm Cast Bell Brass 5.5 x 14
    DW/Craviotto 2000 Steam Bent Solid Cherry 5.5 x 14

Zildjian As and A Customs

User Info Menu

Looked at them.