Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

The band played for a Block Party at a friend's church. There were over 500 people in and out all day.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's great PB!

User Info Menu

Got back from practice. Met our potential new bassist for the first time (he was previously in a band with Steve, our guitarist). He'd had a listen to the stuff we do by watching the links Steve had sent him, so we gave them a go.
    He nailed them all first time. He even played along on one that he'd never heard before, which we just threw at him. We all just looked at him & went "wow"!
    Suffice to say he is now our new bassist! We have a gig on the 1st November, so will be practicing as a band every weekend - though as I live 150 miles from the other guys I'll be doing a lot of practicing with mp3's in between.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

GAS has struck me!

Just picked up a new 15" set of Paiste 2002 Sound Edge HHs! Pure awesomeness!

On a sad note, I just realised today in 1980 was the day we lost John Bonham (who also played 2002 15" Sound Edges - weird or what?)
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Went on a great site called Drum Chat!
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in name only View Post
    GAS has struck me!

Just picked up a new 15" set of Paiste 2002 Sound Edge HHs! Pure awesomeness!

On a sad note, I just realised today in 1980 was the day we lost John Bonham (who also played 2002 15" Sound Edges - weird or what?)
    GAS got the best of me too. Pics to follow.

User Info Menu

Writing up an advertisement for a new lead guitarist for our band. I hate having to do it, but our current guitarist just isn't working out. He doesn't practice on his own, shows up to gigs after everything is set up claiming he got lost (again), and has generally made the other members second guess their own abilities.

An extremely nice guy, but I can't stand working with people who are oblivious to how bad they play their instrument, and won't even try to better themselves when others ask them to accept responsibility for their actions. Sooooo.....my band is going on hiatus until we can find a new player that is as involved as the rest of us. Ugh!
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    Writing up an advertisement for a new lead guitarist for our band. I hate having to do it, but our current guitarist just isn't working out. He doesn't practice on his own, shows up to gigs after everything is set up claiming he got lost (again), and has generally made the other members second guess their own abilities.

An extremely nice guy, but I can't stand working with people who are oblivious to how bad they play their instrument, and won't even try to better themselves when others ask them to accept responsibility for their actions. Sooooo.....my band is going on hiatus until we can find a new player that is as involved as the rest of us. Ugh!
    Sounds like you've made some tough choices, but you chose the right path, your band will be just the more better once you get through the finding a guitarist stage and get him on the same page as the rest of you guys. My band is going through a similar situation, ever since I joined the band I knew he would never work out, but being the new guy I didn't want to speak up, but everything sort of fell into place.

So far today I've done some left foot work, makes me realize just how awkward and pathetic it is, despite my ability to control the hi hat well and play solid double bass. I also worked on a song that my band wants to play. Later I'll be doing 30 minutes of exercises, I'm really trying to get serious about this now, let's hope I stick with it.

User Info Menu

Nothing much drum related today, but last weekend I took the djembe down the coast again to jam. Amazing time, played for about 2 hours straight. This week coming, I'm going on a youth camp which I'm drumming on. Should be fun, haven't played out in a couple months so I'm looking forward to it.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Taught four one-hour lessons today then did the big trip up to Newcastle to score some nice ol' Paiste 2000 Sound Reflection cymbals (which are pretty rare these days as they stopped manufacturing them in the 90's).....got along so well with the woman who was selling them that I made a new muso friend (yes, she's a music teacher also, with a drumming background as well as being a piano and guitar teacher). Man, we did nothing but chat drum techniques and teaching methods for a good couple of hours....turns out we had a drum teacher in common as well as a few other musician acquaintances.....talk about six degrees of separation!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Worked on some songs. Listened to some music while I made lunch. Cleaned the practice room.

User Info Menu

Posted pictures of my flashy new kit I have been waiting in more ways than one forever for.

Downloaded the new Zildjian accessories catalog and am making up my wish list.

Will be putting in a couple hours of practice later this afternoon.

And as usual...will have something about drums and / or drumming running through my head most of my waking hours. Probably in some dreams too. lol
    Rocka Rolla Woman

Mapex Black Raven
    14" Zildjian New Beat Hi Hats
    Zildjian 16" Fast Crash
    17" Zildjian A Custom Crash
    21" Zildjian A Sweet Ride

User Info Menu

Created a few more keyboard and horn backing tracks on the SPD

I use it about half the time to make our 3 piece band sound more like a 4 piece.

User Info Menu

I haven't done anything today. Yesterday, however, my band opened for LORD, a fantastic heavy metal band from Wollongong, Australia. Tim Grose, the lead vocalist, has one hell of a voice.

A couple of pics of me from the night. Unfortunately I couldn't find a photo of the full band!

- Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    I haven't done anything today. Yesterday, however, my band opened for LORD, a fantastic heavy metal band from Wollongong, Australia. Tim Grose, the lead vocalist, has one hell of a voice.

A couple of pics of me from the night. Unfortunately I couldn't find a photo of the full band!

Is it possible to play in a metal band and have only a ride, hats and 2 crashes or do my eyes deceive me??? lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Is it possible to play in a metal band and have only a ride, hats and 2 crashes or do my eyes deceive me??? lol.
    He's probably hiding the china and splashes where we can't see em'... haha

Hats + Ride + 2 Crashes = You can play any genre

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Haha, for that gig I had two crashes, a ride, a pair of hats and a homemade bell mounted on top of the hihats. I also have a china and a splash, but I don't usually bring them to gigs.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Haha, for that gig I had two crashes, a ride, a pair of hats and a homemade bell mounted on top of the hihats. I also have a china and a splash, but I don't usually bring them to gigs.
    No doubt man. Good work.

User Info Menu

Love the old school Whitesnake shirt!

User Info Menu

Learned this song.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Went on a great site called Drum Chat!
    Very cool I got to check that place out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    The band played for a Block Party at a friend's church. There were over 500 people in and out all day.
    Super cool PB. BTW what kiind of music do you guys play?

User Info Menu

Did some double kick practice today. Finally managed to break 220bpm, although not for very long, haha
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Found a few more pics from Saturday night.

My hihats gettin' some sweet left hand action

A random pic of the full band. My face is obscured, not like I have any problems with that LOL. Yes, that is a Pearl logo reso head on a Yamaha kit

Last edited by xweasel; 10-08-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Sanded down a pair of sticks, went on drum chat. By the way, Believe it or not, i just woke up, and I had a dream that dave grohl gave me his drum kit and they tried to cut my head off with Zildjian ZBT's. It was REALLY WIERD.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.