Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

While I was on the road traveling for work, I stopped in at a couple small town bars about 40 miles away, trying to book some more gigs.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Practiced some rudiments

User Info Menu

practiced for about 2 hours. Rudiments and with the radio.

User Info Menu

nothing yet today, but went to my drum class yesterday. got an introduction into bossa nova drumming

User Info Menu

Watched some instructional videos on music theory, need some refreshers

User Info Menu

Band practice tomorrow morning in Simi Valley (11:00am PST). Gig in Channel Islands at the beach, Oxnard,Ventura Co. DW country! at end of month. I'll be playing my Drum Crafts.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 04-09-2016 at 02:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Got 3 hours practice in. Stick Control rudiments, paradiddles, 5, 7, 9 stroke rlls etc. Worked on 50 Ways and then jammed with top 40 radio. 3 hours flew by. Time flies when you're having fun.
    Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.

-Karrie

User Info Menu

Packed up all my stuff for tonight's gig.

User Info Menu

Set up my new splash

User Info Menu

Practiced with the blues band tonight. Was so much fun. The 14 x 10 slingerland snare was money. Good fat tone.

User Info Menu

As usual, haven't touched them for about a week.

User Info Menu

Put new tom mount on my Ludwig rocker,cracked the wrap drilling new hole!!!!sucks!why ,why why!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zappahart View Post
    Put new tom mount on my Ludwig rocker,cracked the wrap drilling new hole!!!!sucks!why ,why why!!!

Put masking tape about a inch around ( more for a larger hole) and always start with a pilot hole.

User Info Menu

Bit of practice time today.. Blitzed through the bands set and played around with some new triplet based fills!
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Put masking tape about a inch around ( more for a larger hole) and always start with a pilot hole.
    I know i messed up,went to my truck and found a old dull bit.put the new hardware on and it keeps the split together,but the other tom mount comes sometime this week.I will use tape and smaller bit first .Thank you bud!!

User Info Menu

Band practice this afternoon. I was a little upset after watching the videos of our gig last week (I'm the only one that has seen them). I was ready to lecture about not taking things seriously and staying focused...but we hit all the songs we had issues with last week and NAILED them today like it was nothing. I give up. When we're relaxed, loose and confident, things just fall into place. I'm just putting last week down as a combo of "performance anxiety" and not having played for several weeks.....and keep my mouth shut. The last thing I want to do at this point is make the guys over-think it or get nervous.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zappahart View Post
    I know i messed up,went to my truck and found a old dull bit.put the new hardware on and it keeps the split together,but the other tom mount comes sometime this week.I will use tape and smaller bit first .Thank you bud!!
    Plastics don't always play well with standard drill bits. I like to use a Dremel tool with a tiny grinding bit.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Plastics don't always play well with standard drill bits. I like to use a Dremel tool with a tiny grinding bit.
    Cool, i will try that sounds right to me.The trouble is the new hole is almost the same as original hole,beefing up worn out Ludwig rocker hardware.not sure if the mounts held a 13by12 tom but anyway they dont now without a channel lock to tighten.

User Info Menu

I changed my set up a bit this weekend. It's been a while since I've put in any serious time with my kit. I hoping this will inspire me. If not I'm going to sell them and call it quits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I changed my set up a bit this weekend. It's been a while since I've put in any serious time with my kit. I hoping this will inspire me. If not I'm going to sell them and call it quits.
    No quitting. Quitting is for accordion players!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Sometimes it's just time I guess.

User Info Menu

I ordered a 20" ride from a place called Monoprice. They claim they are handmade and a B20 alloybut it does look good. I should receive it in about a week. The website is Monoprice.com.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    No quitting. Quitting is for accordion players!!

all the best...
    I hear you, frustration setting in. Back when I was younger and played my kit every day, if I wanted to learn a new song I'd sit down and usually within 30 minutes to an hour I'd have it down. Now I'm older and I just don't have the time to play , sometimes I don't touch my kit for weeks. I'm trying to learn a couple songs that I've always wanted to play and it's just frustrating when the chops are rusty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by npyyz View Post
    now i'm older and i just don't have the time to play , sometimes i don't touch my kit for weeks. I'm trying to learn a couple songs that i've always wanted to play and it's just frustrating when the chops are rusty.
    +1

User Info Menu

Bought a Remo control sound coated head to put on the junker snare I have. The throw off broke off so I threw it in the corner and tried the control sound on my DW brass snare (which had a Remo ambassador on it) and boy does it sound awesome. Since I had an extra head I took the calfskins off of my 1920s Ludwig and put the ambassador on it (and a spare Pdp head I found for the reso). Threw on the wires from the junker snare and Bam! Another phenomenal snare.