Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

yesterday I setup a new practice kit.
    I'll take photos shortly

User Info Menu

Put new heads on the free floater. Gotta say a big thanks to Spaz for suggesting the genera dry a long time ago. Genera Dry over Hazy 300. This is the best sounding steel snare I've ever played (to my ears anyway). No overtones, sensitive and surprisingly warm. Rim shots are incredible

User Info Menu

Played for about 30 minutes when I got home.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Left some hardware in the car from last Friday, went to Walmart opened the trunk still in there. The wife wasn't to happy.

User Info Menu

Put 100 dollars down on a set of new 14" HHX Evolution hats

Get them next week!
    TAMA HYPERDRIVE BIRCH (rare champagne sparkle finish), TAMA hardware and SABIAN cymbals

User Info Menu

Played around with some 16th note singles, moving the accents around. Also played with a new batter head on my PDP concept maple snare, tried out an Evans hybrid, it's pretty sweet

User Info Menu

We had a good practice and long too. Trying to learn 3 new songs

User Info Menu

Ordered 3 wing bolts for my Yamaha FT leg brackets to replace the key bolts that came with the kit.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Played my drums for about 20 min, practiced on my practice pad for about 20 min (trying to get my doubles perfect). And watched Thomas Lang play a 23 min solo, wow.

User Info Menu

Ordered new batter & reso heads, also a 4" chrome port hole, for my Jungle kit. I had a "20% off" coupon for GC! I got a 16" Evans EMAD and a 16" Evans EQ3 smooth white reso. Both are advertised as being made for "floor tom conversion" and supposed to fit standard flanged steel hoops. We'll see if they can add some "thump" to the 16" kick. Also worked up a lettering template/design of the band name. Probably order the custom vinyl lettering tomorrow. Not much room on a 16" head for a 4" port and the words, "Corn Cob Bob Custom Blended Honka-Billy-Grass Music", LOL.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 05-05-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Repaired and lubed a Hi hat stand for a friend and also checked on some recording equipment.

User Info Menu

Bought a 2 yr old like new hardly used Speed Cobra double chain double pedal for $190..(can someone tell my wife for me )
    But in my defence it replaces a 40 yr old Tama single chain,single pedal,and the heal plate hinge is pretty sloppy

Mike
    Last edited by myk; 05-06-2016 at 03:53 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Ordered new batter & reso heads, also a 4" chrome port hole, for my Jungle kit. I had a "20% off" coupon for GC! I got a 16" Evans EMAD and a 16" Evans EQ3 smooth white reso. Both are advertised as being made for "floor tom conversion" and supposed to fit standard flanged steel hoops. We'll see if they can add some "thump" to the 16" kick. Also worked up a lettering template/design of the band name. Probably order the custom vinyl lettering tomorrow. Not much room on a 16" head for a 4" port and the words, "Corn Cob Bob Custom Blended Honka-Billy-Grass Music", LOL.
    Do they make an 18" version?

all the best...

User Info Menu

My only drum-related activity is this forum. I rarely get the chance to play drums any more, only when my family isn't home which isn't very often. My skills, while never very good, have diminished considerably over the last 2 years (since the full time band ended).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    My only drum-related activity is this forum. I rarely get the chance to play drums any more, only when my family isn't home which isn't very often. My skills, while never very good, have diminished considerably over the last 2 years (since the full time band ended).
    I thought you had a beautiful drum area in your basement

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Do they make an 18" version?

all the best...
    I don't believe they do....at least not 18" that fit steel flanged tom hoops. You may have to buy a pair of 18" wood bass hoops and just use heads made for an 18" bass. On the other hand, you could use some Remo Powerstroke 3 heads made for an 18" tom. Coated or clear. Basically the same as an EQ3 reso head as sold. On the batter side, just stuff some 1/8"th foam weatherstripping between the head and the outer control ring. Bam!......DIY EMAD (except it's on the inside of the drum instead of the outside. (An IMAD??) I did that exact trick on my Maxwin bass, and it works excellent. Sounds fantastic. In fact, better than an EMAD in some ways; the foam retaining ring is crimped in the hoop, not stuck on with tape like an EMAD (which can fall off on occasion. Also, since the foam is on the inside, it looks much cleaner and can't get caught on something and torn off.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Stared at the drums all day . Just sat there on a chair and stared at them . Then had my lunch just looking at them . It's been a strange day . And I still have the gig to look forward to tonight . I'm just not feeling it today guys .
    Have you ever had a day like this ?
    It's going to be a long night ....
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Received my brand new Remo fiber-Skin bongo heads. Dang! they don't fit.

all the best...
    Last edited by kay-gee; 05-07-2016 at 06:58 PM.

User Info Menu

I just sprayed Hyrasheen on my kick pedals. I can now play 32nds at 208. This stuff is amazing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I just sprayed Hyrasheen on my kick pedals. I can now play 32nds at 208. This stuff is amazing!

I just watched Charlie Sheen do some 64th's at 230.

It's amazing what he can do with a blonde, some chocolate, and a zither.

User Info Menu

Went to Guitar Center and picked up a 13" snare head and left a little drool on this set of DW Collectors

User Info Menu

Suffering with a bout of GAS wanted to go to GC to see anything to peek my curiosity. Never made it and the wife green lighted it. Next week I'm doing some spring cleaning and set up my 2nd set. Meanwhile I'll check CL, or other websites

User Info Menu

Getting my preferred kit of the day all set up for the new band project getting under way. Wooohooo!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Had a jam session tonight with some new players, keys, horns, and bass. We had a blast! 2 hours straight.

User Info Menu

Taking a lesson today in fiberglass construction from the boat guy at work. I'm going to make some bongo shells

all the best..