Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2859

Thread: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

User Info Menu

Default Re: So what drum related stuff did you do today?

Pulled the trigger on a new DW 6500 hi-hat stand. Almost got the 6500UL "ultralight" version, but the 6500 is built just a touch heavier, has more features and will match my 6000 cymbal stands. Not QUITE as light, but still only 6Lbs.. should be a big difference in weight compared to my Tama Road-Pro hi-hat. Should be delivered on Wednesday. Here's a pic I found on Google;
    IMG_0808.jpg
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 03-06-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Bought a new DW 6300UL snare stand,,,,WOW is this thing light..Attachment 13538 Attachment 13539
    This will be my next purchase! Should work well for my set-up and a 12" or 13" snare.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Reso head came in today for my CB700 14x6.5 . Changed the head and tuned it high trying to get a nice crack or pop.

User Info Menu

I nabbed this drum kit for $150. A couple of the heads need to be replaced. But for a five piece Mapex, two stands, and a throne, I thought it was a great deal that I couldn't pass on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkPrince View Post
    I nabbed this drum kit for $150. A couple of the heads need to be replaced. But for a five piece Mapex, two stands, and a throne, I thought it was a great deal that I couldn't pass on.
    Some drummers have all the luck! Congrats...what a steal!!

User Info Menu

Bought some hot rods bamboo sticks came in this afternoon. These are a little short not quite 16"

User Info Menu

I heard a kit just like that at an open mic this week. I was amazed at how great they sounded.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Well ladies and gents..its been quite awhile since I have been on the Chat. My work world takes over my life at times..and when I get home from being on the computer all day, at nite I just want to relax with a glass of wine and sail off to never never land. One thing I am not sure that I told everyone here, but in my preparing for a future of playing with a band again when I retire ( which is about 2-3 years away) I bought a gigging set of drums to keep my vintage Rogers safe at home. I see the site has been updated will try to see if I can post a pic without going via photobucket. ... Anyway the set is identical sizing to my older Rogers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

When I get home, I will be cleaning my cymbals with lemons!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Ordered an extra snare stand to use with my practice pad, got tired of using the one from my kit and then having to reset everything when done.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Is that an 18" BD and a 14" FT? What size are the rack toms? 12" & 13"?
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

Working on upgrading a pair of 10" Kustom monitors for my band. They were cheap ones with piezo horns, but worked fine to start out. We bought new Pyle 10" woofers, JBL horns (drivers), Dayton crossovers and L-pads...then filling the enclosures with acoustic packing. Basically, only using the original cabinets. Should make for a decent pair of small monitors that handle 300-400W of power. Should also be able to use them as mains in a small venue as well.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    Well ladies and gents..its been quite awhile since I have been on the Chat. My work world takes over my life at times..and when I get home from being on the computer all day, at nite I just want to relax with a glass of wine and sail off to never never land. One thing I am not sure that I told everyone here, but in my preparing for a future of playing with a band again when I retire ( which is about 2-3 years away) I bought a gigging set of drums to keep my vintage Rogers safe at home. I see the site has been updated will try to see if I can post a pic without going via photobucket. ... Anyway the set is identical sizing to my older Rogers.
    WOW! and the Rogers metal snare too!

all the best...

User Info Menu

yea...the Dynasonic...I had to buy an older one to match my older set, so now I have 2 dynas so the matching badges go with the proper set.
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    Is that an 18" BD and a 14" FT? What size are the rack toms? 12" & 13"?
    Correct on the BD and FT. Rack toms are 10" and 12". I'm not sure what series it is. The badges on them don't say. They have serial numbers on them but I couldn't find an answer looking them up. To be fair though, I don't have a lot of patience for looking things up. My searches just lead me to different chat boards. I have a V-Series that look very similar.

User Info Menu

Correct on the BD and FT. Rack toms are 10" and 12". I'm not sure what series it is. The badges on them don't say. They have serial numbers on them but I couldn't find an answer looking them up. To be fair though, I don't have a lot of patience for looking things up. My searches just lead me to different chat boards. I have a V-Series that look very similar.
    I have a Ludwig Accent CS Combo set that is exactly the same size and color that I paid about the same price for. The difference is I got ZBT cymbals to go with it.

Mini drum set 3.jpgMini drum set 2.jpg
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

Sold

today
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Finally got to bring my drums up from our basement where they were banished while we were selling our house. I played for 3 hours straight, am sweating buckets and my hands are a bloody mess but I've never felt better!
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    Finally got to bring my drums up from our basement where they were banished while we were selling our house. I played for 3 hours straight, am sweating buckets and my hands are a bloody mess but I've never felt better!
    Keep hearing about your bleeding hands. That's terrible. You need to get a good grippy pair of gloves.

User Info Menu

Made a new "tappa" for my beer crate Cajon. The old one was made from 1/4" Luan plywood. Most store-bought Cajons use 1/8" Birch plywood, so I bought a 12"x24" piece, finished it and swapped it out. Honestly, I don't think it sounds as good. However, the thinner wood is much more sensitive and playability is improved. You don't have to slap it as hard, which makes it easier on the hands. (That was my main goal).
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Just finishing painting my Tama octoban hardware from chrome to gloss blk. Had to sand hoops & lugs down,now I'm adding primer and paint, then clear coat. Will post pics when done and added to my custom Gretsch Catalina 'mini mod' Black Widow kit. I did the custom work on it. Just been putting last finishing touches on it. Gretsch only made them for 2 yrs. Lugs on toms are off set(stock). Also I made matching rack mount.

User Info Menu

I had a buddy of mine come over to jam today. He brought his Ovation and amp, as well as his Yamaha keyboard. The session lasted about 90 minutes. Had a great time!

User Info Menu

Practicing alone with bass drum. Got in the habit of burying the beater so am experimenting with retraining myself to do heel down. Oh the Pain! Wish id had a teacher to start me off on the "right foot" lol
    Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.

-Karrie

User Info Menu

Practiced double stroke rolls with matched grip: ARGH! So easy with trad grip and weirdly not matching with matched grip.... Right hand uses Fr. grip mostly, left hand uses American/German/mixed so tough to really match up. Also my left is better at bouncing the stick with a loose grip than my right hand can. Another unmatching grip problem.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Wife and kids had a day out planned with other Mom's/kids so a whole day to myself! Did 2 hours on the kit and at least 30 minutes on the practice pad. Loved every minute!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal